What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin I | 25 May | QLD 16-12 NSW | Suncorp #origin

SOO1: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He did his job as a halfback but his defence was the big one. He saved so many tries in the second half..........inspiring stuff.

he done well in defense, but you need more from your number 7, if that was one of his better games we need some serious help. He's average at SOO level, he tries hard, and does ok, but adds nothing really in attack

Pete Cash

Post Whore
QLD
Matt Scott - 155m
Petero Civoniceva - 146m
Ben Hannant - 127m

NSW
Jason King - 25m
Trent Merrin - 32m
Kade Snowden - 56m
Tim Mannah - 57m

NSW forwards were embarrassing.

It wasn't just the metres made (although that was an utter disgrace) but the defensive line was terrible. I support the Raiders and I have seen some bad defensive lines this year but jesus christ this is a rep game.

The forwards have to take responsibility for the line speed and the shape of the defensive line.

Talking about Hayne v Dugan is a moot issue. Both should be in the side. However until we can at LEAST compete with the Queensland forward pack its going to be the same old story.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i wonder if Bozo's token selection gets a recall for game 2?

i guarentee if he doesn't, another Manly forward will come into the fray...

aussie7798

First Grade
Weyman TLL dont know who else needs to come in Tolman is injured but unless nsw can cover up that front row gap a bit does not matter who is picked behind them as they wont have a chance

Apey

Staff member
Thanks for the selective quoting.

I quoted the only relevant part, I did read the rest.

We lost the game in the forwards. I thought NSW did a fantastic job of keeping QLD out for the majority of the game. If not for a few brain farts, that game would have been ours. Scott our biggest problem? I'm not sure if that's even worth arguing against the more I think about it.

Anyway here's our forward (preliminary, may change?) stats...

Tim Mannah 57m [6]
Kade Snowden 56m [6]
Trent Merrin 32m [5]
Jason King 25m [4]

And QLDs..

Matthew Scott 155m [15]
Petero Civoniceva 146m [15]
Ben Hannant 127m [13]
Jacob Lillyman 66m [8]

Yeah, Scott was our biggest problem.

I thought Gidley was best on ground in his last outing for NSW and would have him in place of Young. He just isn't as good a fullback as Dugan or Hayne.

I don't disagree. Just having a laugh at the blatantly obvious Raider's bias.

chrisD

Coach
It wasn't just the metres made (although that was an utter disgrace) but the defensive line was terrible. I support the Raiders and I have seen some bad defensive lines this year but jesus christ this is a rep game.

The forwards have to take responsibility for the line speed and the shape of the defensive line.

Talking about Hayne v Dugan is a moot issue. Both should be in the side. However until we can at LEAST compete with the Queensland forward pack its going to be the same old story.

Why should Dugan be in the side? What has Dugan shown exactly that warrants his selection? I mean Hayne there's a million things to point to, but what exactly about Dugan in this game or this year says he has to be there?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I just hope the NSW selectors dont f**k with the side too much.
Happy with the spine of Dugan Soward Pearce Ennis, their combinations were fine.

The ONLY changes that need to be made are
Morris > Hayne
King > TLL/Tolman/Weyman

Don't get all the Scott hate either, was clearly one of our best forwards.

Dragon

Coach
NSW were the better team for 60 minutes but relentless pressure, some stupid errors and a touch of QLD class got them home. Nothing to get too worried about, some minor tweaks to the forward pack is all we need.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I just hope the NSW selectors dont f**k with the side too much.
Happy with the spine of Dugan Soward Pearce Ennis, their combinations were fine.

The ONLY changes that need to be made are
Morris > Hayne
King > TLL/Tolman/Weyman

Don't get all the Scott hate either, was clearly one of our best forwards.

happy with that?:lol: oh dear, it is a very ordinary spine that's for sure....

Id rather thsi spine

Dugan Hayne Carney Farah, but anyway..

Dragon

Coach
And anyone having a go at the NSW halves or backs, have a look at those pathetic forward numbers. Thats where it was lost.

Oh, and Ennis is a f*cking hero but still sh*ts on Farah

boxhead

First Grade
Hayne has to be there. We lost by four points in a game that shouldn't have been close (we are very lucky we weren't blown off the park) and he is the player, like a Thurston or a Lockyer, that can pull points out of the bag. I can't believe Sticky would think after how impotent our halves were that Hayne can't be there in some capacity.
I say stick with the spine of the team, although drop Young for Farah or someone else.
No surprise our halves had a bad game though when our forwards were absolutely monstered.

BM1979

Juniors
This. We score, go up field and then he kicks from DH gifting them ideal position. Instead of doing what had been working i.e. letting Pearec or Soward find grass. Then he lets Scott run 20 F*cking mtrs straight over him. But hey lets blame Dugan and Gasnier..[/QUOTE]

Wrong Brett Morris for me

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sticky the prick wont change a thing, god i hate the f**ker...we could loose game 2 50 -0 and barring injury he wont change a thing.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why should Dugan be in the side? What has Dugan shown exactly that warrants his selection? I mean Hayne there's a million things to point to, but what exactly about Dugan in this game or this year says he has to be there?

He was selected in the side based on his form last year. Keep crying into your cornflakes mate because he will be at the back next game.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I quoted the only relevant part, I did read the rest.

We lost the game in the forwards. I thought NSW did a fantastic job of keeping QLD out for the majority of the game. If not for a few brain farts, that game would have been ours. Scott our biggest problem? I'm not sure if that's even worth arguing against the more I think about it.

Anyway here's our forward (preliminary, may change?) stats...

Tim Mannah 57m [6]
Kade Snowden 56m [6]
Trent Merrin 32m [5]
Jason King 25m [4]

And QLDs..

Matthew Scott 155m [15]
Petero Civoniceva 146m [15]
Ben Hannant 127m [13]
Jacob Lillyman 66m [8]

Yeah, Scott was our biggest problem.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought Scott was playing in the forwards. My mistake.

As for the "biggest problem" part - don't recall actually saying those words....said he should be the first to go. Completely different thing there champ.

And also in that post, I called for Merrin & King to go as well so would have thought you'd be able to connect the dots and come up with the logical conclusion.

Shorty

Staff member
NSW were the better team for 60 minutes but relentless pressure, some stupid errors and a touch of QLD class got them home. Nothing to get too worried about, some minor tweaks to the forward pack is all we need.
Sorry, why were they the better side?
Queensland still kept getting attacking sets, it was a very even match.
Queensland class got us home in the end.