What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have said over and over that things will change but you have always been negative in your replies, that is why there is a negotiation process plus many Bears members heard what happened in Perth at that meeting during the State of Origin a few years ago and have. Web very vocal towards the Chairman Daniel Dickson and the Board.
I knew things would change, they had to or the Bears would stay in the wilderness.
Things might change but until bears come out and say they are happy for another entity to take ownership of their brand and license I can only go on what they have said.
some journo needs to get off their arse and ask them the million $ question!

Centy Coast

Juniors
Things might change but until bears come out and say they are happy for another entity to take ownership of their brand and license I can only go on what they have said.
some journo needs to get off their arse and ask them the million $ question!
The question was asked at the AGM on Tuesday night, don’t worry about some hack journo

Perth Red

Post Whore
The question was asked at the AGM on Tuesday night, don’t worry about some hack journo
Really? Someone asked
”are you happy for the bears brand to be taken over by another entity and for the nrl club license to be owned by that entity?”
and they said “yes”

you’ll have to forgive my scepticism that that actually happened.

Wb1234

Referee
Really? Someone asked
”are you happy for the bears brand to be taken over by another entity and for the nrl club license to be owned by that entity?”
and they said “yes”

Usually when someone is wrong they don’t double down and talk more bs

Perth Red

Post Whore
You were shown above to be talking bs about norths demands

a normal human being would just admit they were wrong
No I wasn’t I was given a third hand account of something That may or may not have happened. When someone from the bears goes on public record saying it then I’ll believe it. CC told us he wasn’t at the agm.

can you honestly see bears saying that? really? They would basically be giving the club over to another company.

I maintain my position, I’ll get behind a Bears WA club as long as the license is owned by Perth and the brand incorporates Perth or WA.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
No I wasn’t I was given a third hand account of something That may or may not have happened. When someone from the bears goes on public record saying it then I’ll believe it. CC told us he wasn’t at the agm.

can you honestly see bears saying that? really? They would basically be giving the club over to another company.

I maintain my position, I’ll get behind a Bears WA club as long as the license is owned by Perth and the brand incorporates Perth or WA.
If you are going to ignore other posters opinions because it doesn’t fit your narrative then there’s not a lot of point discussing things

I said the bears would be willing to negotiate

maybe they are desperate now after png rebuffed them

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you are going to ignore other posters opinions because it doesn’t fit your narrative then there’s not a lot of point discussing things

I said the bears would be willing to negotiate

maybe they are desperate now after png rebuffed them
This isn’t an opinion lol. The bears said owning the license was a critical thing for them. At no time since have they stated different.

Now it might have been said at agm, but there is no evidence it was. So no it’s not an opinion, it’s an uncorroborated statement from someone who wasnt there. Someone needs to ask bears ceo or chair and get it on record as it is actually the most critical element of a bears partnership.

and yes they might be willing to renegotiate, but there’s no evidence they are, in fact with vlandys recently blowing smoke up their arse I’d suggest they probably think they are in an even stronger position!

Wb1234

Referee
This isn’t an opinion lol. The bears said owning the license was a critical thing for them. At no time since have they stated different.

Now it might have been said at agm, but there is no evidence it was. So no it’s not an opinion, it’s an uncorroborated statement from someone who wasnt there. Someone needs to ask bears ceo or chair and get it on record as it is actually the most critical element of a bears partnership.

and yes they might be willing to renegotiate, but there’s no evidence they are, in fact with vlandys recently blowing smoke up their arse I’d suggest they probably think they are in an even stronger position!
So either

a) he’s lieing
B) he’s deaf
C) you are stubborn and love to talk rubbish

Perth Red

Post Whore
So either

a) he’s lieing
B) he’s deaf
C) you are stubborn and love to talk rubbish
He wasn’t there lol someone told him that’s what they heard, it’s hardly irrefutable evidence!

the last we heard from them they were lodging an official bid option with nrl to be Pacifica bears playing out of ns! Hardly sounds like a club happy to hand over the keys does it?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Really? Someone asked
and they said “yes”

It was asked and answered, that’s what I have been saying, the Bears Board have copped a lot of flack from members, especially with their non negiotiables and their arrogant attitude when they first met with WA officials at the Perth State of Origin a few years ago.
Many Bears members/fans have been waiting anxiously for this AGM to get answers straight from the horses mouth.