What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach

Centy Coast

Juniors
At last! Well if that’s correct that’s certainly a barrier removed. Reading the comments on there about your financial state it looks like desperation may be shifting their position! I’m a bit staggered though I have to say. I did t think they would just hand over the brand to someone else. I wonder what they want in return?
The Bears poor financial position was due to paying overs for NSW Cup players last season, when you are a feeder club like the Bears, Newtown or Blacktown and not actually that clubs actual reserve grade side you have to pay the NRL club to be their feeder club, that’s why the Wyong Roos (despite being a very wealthy club in their own right) cut ties with the Sydney Roosters.

Centy Coast

Juniors
At last! Well if that’s correct that’s certainly a barrier removed. Reading the comments on there about your financial state it looks like desperation may be shifting their position! I’m a bit staggered though I have to say. I did t think they would just hand over the brand to someone else. I wonder what they want in return?
They want to see the Bears back in the NRL

Correct, imo.
You argued the Dolphins would not draw a decent sized crowd at Lang Park because the ground is more than 25km away from Dolphin Oval.

Dolphins drew an average of 32k at Lang Park.

You argued the Dolphins wouldn't have many supporters across Brisbane because they're from Moreton Bay and a traditional BRL club.

Dolphins have 30k members the second highest attendances in the NRL.

You argued Ch9 don't want another Brisbane team. Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham said they do want one.

You said the NRL doesn't want or need another Brisbane team. Abdo and V'landys have said a third Brisbane team isn't out of the question on several occasions.

You said PNG had no chance. It's the only bid V'landys talks about. The only time he mentions Perth or New Zealand is when he's asked about expanding into these locations.

You said Perth was guaranteed the 18th licence.

You're wrong about everything. J
For years you argued Brisbane 2 brought no extra outcome. It created $100m over 5 years.

You still argue that the TV deal isn't worth as much as has been announced by the media.

Canard

Immortal
You argued the Dolphins would not draw a decent sized crowd at Lang Park because the ground is more than 25km away from Dolphin Oval.

Dolphins drew an average of 32k at Lang Park.

You argued the Dolphins wouldn't have many supporters across Brisbane because they're from Moreton Bay and a traditional BRL club.

Dolphins have 30k members the second highest attendances in the NRL.

You argued Ch9 don't want another Brisbane team. Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham said they do want one.

You said the NRL doesn't want or need another Brisbane team. Abdo and V'landys have said a third Brisbane team isn't out of the question on several occasions.

You said PNG had no chance. It's the only bid V'landys talks about. The only time he mentions Perth or New Zealand is when he's asked about expanding into these locations.

You said Perth was guaranteed the 18th licence.

You're wrong about everything. J
For years you argued Brisbane 2 brought no extra outcome. It created $100m over 5 years.

You still argue that the TV deal isn't worth as much as has been announced by the media.
What a load of complete bullshit.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Have I got this right, Non-negotiable #1 stating only colours red and black have to be kept. no mention of Bears logo,.
Bit difficult to keep history of the Bears club alive if they are playing under a different name. Are we going to see a Bear on the shoulder or some such like Wests Tigers ?
Bear logo was mentioned in a later post, I’ll share it below in a later post.

Last edited:

Latest posts