What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
The players play for the actual clubs being mentioned, media only hear 2nd hand shit.
When there is a leak, player discrepancy etc it is all over social media before the media even know of it.
But how do the players know ? Has the arlc been talking to thr togers ?

100% agree here, PNG is the favourite but they aren’t over the line.
NZ2, Perth and Bris3 are the other contenders, forget anybody else.
Melb2 won’t happen as Bris3 have their players covered.
Around league circles (Melb/BrisEasts/Bears/Knights/Wynnum/Burleigh) there is a lot of talk amoung the players of Bris3.
I’ve heard it again and again from many players and it’s not going away.
My gut says it's between Brisbane, New Zealand and Perth for the next three licences. The fact V'landys is trying to get the government to provide tax free status to anyone who plays for a PNG team suggests he knows it'll be hard to convince anyone to relocate to Port Moresby.

At first V'landys spoke about it being a Pasifika team representing Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and PNG. Then he spoke about it being based in Cairns. Then he spoke about it being linked with Brisbane Tigers or North Sydney Bears. PNG Gov has shot down all of those ideas. It might be a case of the PNG Gov pricing themselves out of a licence by knocking back all of these proposals.

mongoose

Coach
The players play for the actual clubs being mentioned, media only hear 2nd hand shit.
When there is a leak, player discrepancy etc it is all over social media before the media even know of it.
if thats the case then i expect the media to come out in the next few days and report that Brisbane 3 is a strong chance of being team 18, if this doesn't happen then those players don't know shit.

MugaB

Coach
Players won't know shit... every club or bidder is out to announce themselves a winner before the race has even begun, and that's all the players hear, as if the titans don't know there getting a spoon this year, players know nothing, it's the arlc who hands out the slice of revenue pie.... png is 18th, move on

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Players won't know shit... every club or bidder is out to announce themselves a winner before the race has even begun, and that's all the players hear, as if the titans don't know there getting a spoon this year, players know nothing, it's the arlc who hands out the slice of revenue pie.... png is 18th, move on
Have you even been involved with a rugby league club ?, don’t you think club officials talk to players day in day out.
Read my posts from months ago, Perth Red kept saying this isn’t true and this was said etc, etc.
I kept saying negotiations are still happening between Bears/Perth but he wouldn’t accept anything until it was officially stated in the press.
Club officials are not going to announce anything until all is said and done or they want press coverage to still keep them relevant among other bids.
It’s like getting a quote for a plumbing job, you go with the best option/price which suits you.
Why bother announcing something when nothing is concrete, just because discussions have taken place means nothing just a talking point as leaks are always going to happen.

Canard

Immortal
Have you even been involved with a rugby league club ?, don’t you think club officials talk to players day in day out.
Read my posts from months ago, Perth Red kept saying this isn’t true and this was said etc, etc.
I kept saying negotiations are still happening between Bears/Perth but he wouldn’t accept anything until it was officially stated in the press.
Club officials are not going to announce anything until all is said and done or they want press coverage to still keep them relevant among other bids.
It’s like getting a quote for a plumbing job, you go with the best option/price which suits you.
Why bother announcing something when nothing is concrete, just because discussions have taken place means nothing just a talking point as leaks are always going to happen.
Great trolling mate, you've sucked in a few

MugaB

Coach
Is this you talking to Olam again, I think I'll get my info elsewhere thank you very much

why would players know though? the media would surely know more than them
Whenever I quoted media analyst Colin Smith and Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham, I was told by you, Butthurtski and Perth Crud that their support for Brisbane 3 doesn't matter.

The fact you're now saying we must listen to the media proves you're biased and don't have a f**ken clue. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're very biased and ignore anything that doesn't line up with your preconceived ideas.

Canard

Immortal
Whenever I quoted media analyst Colin Smith and Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham you, Butthurtski and Perth Crud said their support for Brisbane 3 doesn't matter.

The fact you're now saying we must listen to the media proves you're biased and don't have a f**ken clue. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're very biased and ignore anything that doesn't line up with your preconceived ideas.
This merkin has less self awareness than @MugaB

MugaB

Coach
Whenever I quoted media analyst Colin Smith and Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham you, Butthurtski and Perth Crud said their support for Brisbane 3 doesn't matter.

All that matters is which bid doesn't cost the current 17 teams any more money to set up or players to lose from their prospective own backyards/squads..
Media is murky at best, players are worse than wives tales at the local meat raffle... make your decisions based on greed, and you will never be wrong, not on what the tax payers wants/deserves, or which city is under-represented and we need to be national BS, it's a business, make money, create players to make even more money

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
This merkin has less self awareness than @MugaB
I never sad Brisbane 3 was ever going to happen within these 20 teams, im just not ruling out anything completely, Karenard seems to want to troll us regardless of which ever bid is being talked about, not sure why you bother posting in an expansion forum if all your gonna do is poo poo every bid

All that matters is which bid doesn't cost the current 17 teams any more money to set up or players to lose from their prospective own backyards/squads..
Media is murky at best, players are worse than wives at the local meat raffle... make your decisions based on greed, and you will never be wrong
Whoever gets the 18th licence will take 30 players from the existing system.

If it was down to what every club wanted them the Dolphins wouldn't be in the NRL and there would be no Origin or Test matches.

I have no doubt it will come down to money because that's what every club values the most. Whoever brings in the most money will be given the licence.

MugaB

Coach

If it was down to what every club wanted them the Dolphins wouldn't be in the NRL and there would.be no Origin or Test matches.

I have no doubt it will come down to money because that's what every club values the most. Whoever brings in the most money will be given the licence.
How many do they give back, or morso how many WILL they give back towards other clubs in future, certainly more NRL grade players than most of the current expansion clubs

blue bags

First Grade

If it was down to what every club wanted them the Dolphins wouldn't be in the NRL and there would be no Origin or Test matches.

Brisbane 3 brisvegas Baby
Show me the money 🤑 babes

Centy Coast

Juniors
Great trolling mate, you've sucked in a few
Ffs just sharing what has been circulating, I haven’t said anything for weeks but this just keeps coming up again and again.
I trust the players I have spoken to, they always talk about the Bears and expansion with me when they see me, I coached them in the juniors for years at Ourimbah, the boys won 8 titles in 9 years, losing only the 12/1’s GF 6-4.
The only team that had a similar junior record on the Central Coast was Johnny Stranges Entrance team who were in the age group three years younger, his son Ethan plays for the Canberra Raiders.

Wb1234

Referee
Whenever I quoted media analyst Colin Smith and Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham, I was told by you, Butthurtski and Perth Crud that their support for Brisbane 3 doesn't matter.

Butthurski

that’s the best one yet lmao

i0Nic

Juniors
18: PNG - govt funded, further expands nrl into the pacific, creates a point of differentiation, makes NRL more important politically, taps into a league stronghold area

19: NZ South Island - taps into growing demand for RL in NZ, creates local rivalries with the warriors and PNG, great new stadium in Christchurch, opportunity to steal market share from union

20: Perth (dependant on stadium upgrade or new rectangle stadium ) - tackle a new market, expand the comp nationally

20 alternative: Brisbane 3 - if having a strong financial backing and supporter backing is more important than a new market and Perth doesn’t get a stadium upgrade then let’s go with Brisbane 3

18: PNG - govt funded, further expands nrl into the pacific, creates a point of differentiation, makes NRL more important politically, taps into a league stronghold area

19: NZ South Island - taps into growing demand for RL in NZ, creates local rivalries with the warriors and PNG, great new stadium in Christchurch, opportunity to steal market share from union

20: Perth (dependant on stadium upgrade or new rectangle stadium ) - tackle a new market, expand the comp nationally

20 alternative: Brisbane 3 - if having a strong financial backing and supporter backing is more important than a new market and Perth doesn’t get a stadium upgrade then let’s go with Brisbane 3
I think it will be a huge mistake to take the "dots on map" option of putting a team in Perth.

1. It'll never provide star players capable of representing Australia. There's a limit on how many people will play the game in Western Australia. The standard of the Western Australian competitions will never be at the same level as the ones in Queensland and NSW.

2. The team will draw terrible ratings in Perth and across the country unless it's a runaway success like the Storm, consigning it to poor coverage on 9Gem in its home market.

3. Western Australians are socially conservative and resistant to change. There's no way rabid fumbleball fans will give an RL team the time of day because they will see it as an attack on the Eagles and Dockers. Plenty of bogans with mullets and missing teeth over there who see games like rugby league as "unAustralian".

4. The WA Gov is too greedy and in bed with AwFuL to build a proper stadium for an NRL team.

5. If an NRL team was put in Perth then there's a good chance AwFuL will counter it by putting a third team in Western Australia. There's more support in Perth for a third AwFuL club than one in the NRL.

Don't let the empty rhetoric from Perth Rat fool you into thinking there's a huge groundswell of support for the game in Perth. It's just a few expatriates pushing for a team because they miss being back home.

Canard

Immortal
I never sad Brisbane 3 was ever going to happen within these 20 teams, im just not ruling out anything completely, Karenard seems to want to troll us regardless of which ever bid is being talked about, not sure why you bother posting in an expansion forum if all your gonna do is poo poo every bid
All you've ever posted is "it's PNG for team 18, and all the other options are not happening".

And the only justification anyone has for PNG seems to be 'but but V'landys"

So have a look in the mirror pal.

Latest posts