What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Local Manly businesses?

I don't like the Sea Eagles, but URM is one of the bigger private waste management companies in the country. In Sydney alone they have contracts with at least 10 councils from Canterbury and Leichhardt right up the North Shore and Northern Beaches, including the City of Sydney.

applesauce

Bench
I'm not sure the white text for the sponsor logo works well on that shirt.. Blends in too much with yellow.

surely it should be maroon or navy blue or black to be more readable from a distance?

Here is a good copy:
broncosalternate.jpg

Jason Maher

Immortal
Geez didn't take you long to pull out a new sig mate. :p

I really like the look of that reds kit. I'm guessing the socks are red with black and grey trim? And I guess I'm alone in liking the grey shorts.

Wow what a big name united resource management... this comes on the back of Quantam Hot Water...

This is like a local footy club sponsorship, how much are they paying Manly, $100 k a year ??

May be you should broaden the net and not just talk to local Manly businesses.

The swans signed VW as a shorts sponsor for $1M a year...
Exactly! Even the Reds have an international sponsor!

beave

Coach
Celebrating the 2002 GF from memory. The roosters away jersey doesn't do it for me, when I first saw it in the flesh,straight away I had to remind myself it's the chooks and not France, theres's something about it that just doesn't look right.

I reckon that above jersey looks good though, the sponsor incorporation is excellent.

Timmah

Staff member
I agree, and it was the away jersey early last decade, they won the 2002 Grand Final in it.

But heritage it is. We might see them wear it more than once if it's popular enough...

Timmah

Staff member
it really doesnt look like their 02 away jersey, maybe it needs the wester union logo

:?

Why would they put an old sponsor on a current playing strip?

What team has ever played in a heritage jersey without their current sponsor on it?

For what it's worth, I think they've got it bang on, apart from the collar:

30_BradFittler2003GrandFinalJersey.jpg

Latest posts