What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R2 Fri - Broncos 24-20 Cowboys @ Suncorp

Round 2: Broncos v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
Darius seems out of sorts this year. The Broncos virtually had to win in spite of him.

And what a tinny bastard Bennett is to have an outside back on the bench.

Coote and Morgan should help lift the Cowboys, but really it seemed like they turned up to confident and believed there press.
They did they were bloody arrogant and expected a cake walk.
We have all seen the Broncos under pressure, remember 2006?

In any case I think we'll learn from that and to lose by 4, we showed a lot of courage.
Credit to Brisbane best I've seen them play since 2015.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
How highly do you rate Haas? Do you think he's ready for first grade already? Think he could be as good as Taumalolo, Klemmer etc?

Only a brave man compares him to Lolo and Klemmer this early, but he has the size to be a force. The bloke is a giant. He was quality in our trials this year but he had a habit of dropping the ball he still needed to work out. If he can manage that, he's gonna be tough to keep off the Broncos bench.

gUt

Coach
6qL34SM.jpg

some11

Referee
Wayne taking a shot at the media to end the press conference.

Not the best look, let the football do the talking.

Only a brave man compares him to Lolo and Klemmer this early, but he has the size to be a force. The bloke is a giant. He was quality in our trials this year but he had a habit of dropping the ball he still needed to work out. If he can manage that, he's gonna be tough to keep off the Broncos bench.
Tbh you can never really tell with a forward unless they've first established themselves in first grade and have proven themselves with a few seasons under their belt. When I look back to when Lolo and Klemmer started their careers in first grade, they were very flat and didn't look anything special - this was mostly due to their age but when they finally matured and got more experience they started walking into rep sides no questions asked. These two were exceptional and not many have done what they've done. I remember a few years ago watching a kid called Taniela Paseka in the NYC and thought he would become the next David Klemmer, a few years later and he isn't even a regular 1st grader. There was the Shaun Lane at the Dogs who burst onto the scene and looked for all money to be a future rep player, now he's barely cracking 1st grade. Remember Bryce Cartwright and how he was being built up as the next Sonny Bill? Ended up being released by his club. Theres been so many different instances, guy like Tepai Moeroa was a junior star and became a solid first grader but nothing more beyond that, Chris Grevsmuhl looked special for half a season then just disappeared, the Burgess boys turned to trash after 1 good season along with Guerra, Shannon Boyd and Josh Papalii. Very rarely you'd have that one guy who would play shit all season for his club but puts on an Origin jersey and does a complete transformation - Greg Bird. The point is you never really know until they've proven it. TPJ looks really impressive but weather he can keep that up consistently over the years is the question I'm wondering, if he does I'm sure he'll be walking in the footsteps of Lolo and Klemmer. As with Payne Haas I think the best option is to not assume anything.

Tbh you can never really tell with a forward unless they've first established themselves in first grade and have proven themselves with a few seasons under their belt. When I look back to when Lolo and Klemmer started their careers in first grade, they were very flat and didn't look anything special - this was mostly due to their age but when they finally matured and got more experience they started walking into rep sides no questions asked. These two were exceptional and not many have done what they've done. I remember a few years ago watching a kid called Taniela Paseka in the NYC and thought he would become the next David Klemmer, a few years later and he isn't even a regular 1st grader. There was the Shaun Lane at the Dogs who burst onto the scene and looked for all money to be a future rep player, now he's barely cracking 1st grade. Remember Bryce Cartwright and how he was being built up as the next Sonny Bill? Ended up being released by his club. Theres been so many different instances, guy like Tepai Moeroa was a junior star and became a solid first grader but nothing more beyond that, Chris Grevsmuhl looked special for half a season then just disappeared, the Burgess boys turned to trash after 1 good season along with Guerra, Shannon Boyd and Josh Papalii. Very rarely you'd have that one guy who would play shit all season for his club but puts on an Origin jersey and does a complete transformation - Greg Bird. The point is you never really know until they've proven it. TPJ looks really impressive but weather he can keep that up consistently over the years is the question I'm wondering, if he does I'm sure he'll be walking in the footsteps of Lolo and Klemmer. As with Payne Haas I think the best option is to not assume anything.

good post. TPJ looks great atm, I see massive potential in him, but it's still far too early to tell if he can keep this going long term and becomes a star or just turns into another one/two season wonder.

Andrew McCullough starting at hooker certainly helped the Broncos tonight. No surprise their attack looked more slick compared to last week.

blaza88z

Coach
McCullough was unbelievable, 2nd game back in 7 months after an ACL, made 50+ tackles and was creative out of dummy half