What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 - what needs to change

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Because he will be looking to upgrade his contract in 18 months and he won't be in a position to do that on the wing.
Nah......think that's the least of his concerns. Needs to start enjoying his footy in a position that he's one of the top couple in the league in. Will no doubt get some more opportunities at fullback given Dugan is likely to miss his usual handful of games through injury. More interested in faarrking Seggy off tbh......but not sure anyone would be interested given his efforts this year.

Weaponhead

Coach
The Jets partnership had some nostalgia value but is a poor pathway for the club. Far better to have full ownership of the pathways. Our own reggies means they can play the first grade pattern and be better prepared for NRL level.

I reckon it would be great to have our own reggies with someone like Heino captaining them to invest experience into young players who need to play against me before being ready for NRL.

Quigs

Immortal
I reckon they should bring back Third Grade too. Where the Old Dinosaurs could bash the young upstarts and toughen up some of the prima donnas.

WACK !!!!!! Welcome to grade youse young prick.

Ads

First Grade
not going to comment on players.

errors, defence and penalties.

we win a lot more games if we fix those problems.

yesterdays game was a mirror of our season - looked really good in parts but let ourselves down with stupid stuff.

Fix our attack and those problems don't cause as many problems. I haven't got the stats so I may look like an idiot here but surely we were way down on last year attack wise.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
What needs to change:

-Feki/Loots 2nd string
- Holmes/Ramien starting
- Brailey 80
- Seggy open market
- Duges fullback
-Gray other wing
- Jimmy not worth 500k imo so maybe find him another club....hello Moylan

Anyone who was expecting Holmes or any other player to emulate Barba's 2016 season was always going to be disappointed. .... (and that's putting it politely )
Why Holmes & his manager clearly stated that he was to be fullback even whilst Barba was at the club & talked of asking for a release to the Chooks in Feb 2016

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Holmes manager was clearly trying to get spine money for his client as did Dugan and Birds manager....not rocket science. As for your "special bus" reference.....bad karma and tasteless....but i wouldn't expect any different from you.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't see Ramien as a certainty. Last I read in here no one knew if he was even signed.

Dugan, Gray, Loots, Feki, Holmes will most likely be the back 5. Ramien the man to keep them honest if he's even stripping in the BWB.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just for laughs. $850,000 for the ballerina HAHAHA

Xero tackle, FWIW, doesn't even have The Noodle signed for this year

IMG_0471.PNG

tye

Juniors
Some obvious improvements needed for next season
1. More attacking threat from fullback. The link from halves to outside backs just did not work. Does Dugan have a better passing game? Doubt it, but this needs urgent addressing because the attack was ordinary.
2. More punch from the bench. Heino went 1 season too many, Latimore was ok, Taga was Taga. Hopefully Ava and Uele can add impact.
3. Errors. Having the highest error rate in the league given the very limited attack just doesn't work. Far too many poor errors killed the ability to create pressure.

The strengths of this team has been playing a direct power game and fast line speed to limit opposition go forward. This needs to continue but as the forwards she it will be harder to keep it up.

Flanno does need to evolve the team and the game plan to keep in the mix. Souths are the obvious example of what happens when a side does not evolve it's approach.
I'm sure Ava and Uele will add a heap more grunt.

SadShark

Bench
2016. Pants around the ankles. Flailing away on the pen is. Ignoring the loud knocking at the door, the phone calls.

Squealing like a 12-year old at a One Direction shopping centre appearance..........ohhh, wait......I think I did that too........