What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
I am that die-hard St. George supporter, even to the point where I refuse to call them Dragons, we are St.George or The Saints, just like the logo I had on my jumper I wore around the farm till it fell apart as an 8 year old, which had the knight St. George slaying the Dragon not running alongside to it like on the modern jumper. And don`t start me on that cartoon Dragon on the modern jumper. Sooner we piss St. George bank off the better and get us a real Dragon.
HST, 9, 10 at Win, that`s fine by me, just give us a couple of big games at Allianz.

Last year they had 7-5 in Wollongong, this year was an opportunity to keep that split or go one further but they’ve gone back to 6-6 which is a shame.

I guess a packed Wollongong yesterday would feel a lot more of a home ground advantage than 9k at Kogarah the week before. If that trend continues the club might take notice.

Iamback

Coach
I thought most if not all clubs/venues do it that way. I have heard Penrith count tickets sold, not sure how true that is but judging by them getting the same crowd for every sellout last year it probably is but I think they’re the outlier.

Penrith is tickets sold, I asked back in the day about it. Something about the contracts and being charged more for kegs etc

Iamback

Coach
Back in the day the Broncos used to show the tickets sold and the attendance on the big screen. I remember specifically a game against the Roosters in 2014 - the crowd was 33k but 38k were sold.

At the same time they reiterated that if you couldn't go, you could pass on your ticket or membership to someone else to attend.

I'd like the Broncos to announce ticket sales figures for each game again.

Are they possibly charged a fee per person? So it costs them money if someone doesn't turn up?

beave

Coach
The only problem with WIN is you'd pretty much need to bulldoze it and start again, it's been that badly put together.

The Northern stand is pieces from the old aquatic centre grandstand used for the 2000 Olympics, hacked together like a bad mechano set, the Southern stand is just old and there isn't much that can be done with it, whilst the new Western Grandstand wasn't even built to spec (it was originally designed to be 120m long, but due to budget cuts it was shrunk to 105m wide, with the build just compressed).
the problem with the north stand is the structure is basically bolted onto the entertainment centre so it would make a knock down even more expensive than usual.

That NE corner has always looked awkward to my architectural untrained eye.....

Steel Saints

Juniors
The only problem with WIN is you'd pretty much need to bulldoze it and start again, it's been that badly put together.

The Northern stand is pieces from the old aquatic centre grandstand used for the 2000 Olympics, hacked together like a bad mechano set, the Southern stand is just old and there isn't much that can be done with it, whilst the new Western Grandstand wasn't even built to spec (it was originally designed to be 120m long, but due to budget cuts it was shrunk to 105m wide, with the build just compressed).

If Win were to be bulldozed, then you might as well move to another location like Thomas Dalton Park, which is just 4 kms away.

final say

Juniors
the problem with the north stand is the structure is basically bolted onto the entertainment centre so it would make a knock down even more expensive than usual.

Yep. There's no reason the southern stand couldn't be demolished and doubled also adding a corner piece. That could be done while it reminds open.. increasing capacity by around 3k?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Are they possibly charged a fee per person? So it costs them money if someone doesn't turn up?
Nah, no fees. Both Stadium and Broncos members can issue PDF tickets from the member portal and email or text them to their mates if they can't go - I think the problem is that many don't know how to do it.

Edit: just double checking if you meant the Broncos are charged an extra fee? They are, but not based on no shows. Suncorp will bill them depending on the expected crowd but I think the fees are based on areas that are open. For example if they have to open level 7 south they whack on a new fee, so the Broncos need to make sure that the demand is there to justify releasing tickets in that area.

jim_57

Staff member

I reckon that corner would look better if it attached to a lower stand along the east side then another corner to wrap it to a new southern stand. Kind of like the ends of Newcastle 10ish rows of seats with hill and sea view left behind it, corners coming from both the north and south stands.

images

RedVee

First Grade
I reckon that corner would look better if it attached to a lower stand along the east side then another corner to wrap it to a new southern stand. Kind of like the ends of Newcastle 10ish rows of seats with hill and sea view left behind it, corners coming from both the north and south stands.

images
There were plans, supposedly, a few years ago to replace the southern stand at WIN.

Iamback

Coach
Nah, no fees. Both Stadium and Broncos members can issue PDF tickets from the member portal and email or text them to their mates if they can't go - I think the problem is that many don't know how to do it.

Edit: just double checking if you meant the Broncos are charged an extra fee? They are, but not based on no shows. Suncorp will bill them depending on the expected crowd but I think the fees are based on areas that are open. For example if they have to open level 7 south they whack on a new fee, so the Broncos need to make sure that the demand is there to justify releasing tickets in that area.

Clubs should embrace that, I'd even have a window on the club portal to swap tickets

beave

Coach
You just screenshot it and text. 2 seconds
This doesn't always work hey.

Screenshots don't work with Ticketmaster, their QR codes have a thin bar that scrolls left to right that prevents the code reader from recognising it as a still, the QR code has to be "live" if that makes sense. Sending tickets to mates can be a pain in the ass for the clubs that use Ticketmaster but their website is leaps ahead of ticketek.

Ticketek still pics work, they haven't caught on that they need to be a bit more protective of the same tickets being sold multiple times by assclowns trying to make a fraudulent buck.

T-Boon

Coach
The titans would be better off moving that game to Suncorp and giving their members free entry. They should change their name to south Queensland titans and try to take areas north of the Gold Coast.

Frank Burge

Juniors
Aren't doing well is a bit of an understatement, mate the Titans have been terrible for 13 years. Parra had one year in 2018 of running 16th (after coming 4th the year prior and making a semi) and averaged 11,175. The fact we averaged 17k last year running 14th - doesn't get enough credit and I think is one of the best of example of the strength of the comp right now. Give the Titans 2 years of being a consistent top 8 side and the second year there wouldn't be a sub 20k crowd. Give us a 4 year run like this:
View attachment 85897
and we'd rarely get below 18k again. Our brand has been a joke pretty much since inception. Give us a period of success and you'll see the actual size of the club and fanbase. Not an attack on the Eels, they get great crowds. Just giving some observations on what poor form can do to even a big club.
To be fair , we were playing at ANZ that year due to stadium rebuild and looked like we would get the spoon from round 5 . I think we would have closer to a 15k average in a spoon year now. Titans crowds have been good for what they have dished up on the field so far this year.