What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons State of Origin possibles & probables.

slippery5

Juniors
Agree with frank
Definitely Frizz and Vaughan.
I think the way JBD is playing he is in.
Mcinnes is close.
Simms outside don't think he will make it.
Hunt is there.
It will be tough time for us as Graham and widdop will also be in the pommy team to play NZ in america
I think they will be back in time, so they won't miss a game. McInnes's defence might get him over the line now he is running more, considering no one else is putting their hand up, he is my smokey. Friday night's game playing for Blues #9 imo.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
Agree with frank
Definitely Frizz and Vaughan.
I think the way JBD is playing he is in.
Mcinnes is close.
Simms outside don't think he will make it.
Hunt is there.
It will be tough time for us as Graham and widdop will also be in the pommy team to play NZ in america
When I mentioned last year Mciness will play origin within 12mnths the majority in this forum laughed at me! He may miss out (just) but he will go very close to being chosen over Peats.
JDB is a certainty on the bench IMO - he's the best and hardest defender in the NRL and in origin it's all about defence..
FRIZZELL will start
Vaughan will be on the bench - can't see Woods being picked
Hunt will be starting hooker for Qld IMO
Nene Mcdonald is the smokey if he keeps scoring - the best winger behind Fergurson at bringing the ball out from the back - which is so important in origin. I can't see Fittler picking Fergurson due to discipline - Trobejevic has one wing spot sewed up.
SIMMS - no chance as there's way too many back rowers in front of him.

Frank Facer

First Grade
When I mentioned last year Mciness will play origin within 12mnths the majority in this forum laughed at me! He may miss out (just) but he will go very close to being chosen over Peats.
JDB is a certainty on the bench IMO - he's the best and hardest defender in the NRL and in origin it's all about defence..
FRIZZELL will start
Nene Mcdonald is the smokey if he keeps scoring - the best winger behind Fergurson at bringing the ball out from the back - which is so important in origin. I can't see Fittler picking Fergurson due to discipline - Trobejevic has one wing spot sewed up.
In your opinion, Qld won't pick Cameron Smith? lol

BennyV

Referee
FRIZZELL will start
You made that statement in March last year. It’s been 12 months. McInnes hasn’t played origin. The laughs were justified.

RufusRex

Post Whore
FRIZZELL will start

What about Sims though?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The great thing is that even if we lose a lot of players to Origin, it will only be for a week.
First week - we have a bye
Second week - standalone Origin weekend
Third week - we will be affected

This is my team if we lose all rumoured players to Origin:

1. Dufty
2. Nighty
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Widdop
7. Nicholls
8. Graham
9. Robson (although we all know Fittler will pick Peats)
10. Ah Mau
11. Host
12. Sims
13. Sele

14. Mann
15. Leilua
16. Lawrie
17. Latimore

Belta

Juniors
After watching the Canberra v Bulldogs game you can add Jackson and Boyd to the list of forwards who shouldn’t be considered. The thing with the dragons is they are playing confident in a winning side. The media continue to throw up a lot of names, but Vaughan is noticeably missing, RCG, James Ryan and a few others, our boys could well be ignored again. I hope for their sake their not, also think Simms if he keeps up his current form is definitely a Smokey

getsmarty

Immortal
Sims puts his hand up for Origin
16x9_small

Tariq Sims hopes his impressive early-season form can win him a State of Origin call. (AAP)

St George Illawarra back-rower Tariq Sims says he's ready to make the step up to the State of Origin arena this year.

Tariq Sims isn't shy about expressing his State of Origin ambitions and after building a reputation as one of the NRL's most feared enforcers he is doing his case no harm.

The St George Illawarra back-rower added to his highlight reel of bone crunching tackles during a starring performance in the Red V's 16-12 NRL win over South Sydney on Friday night.

Former NSW coach Phil Gould was effusive in his praise of Sims who left several Rabbitohs opposition players rattled during a dominant 75-minute performance.

Two weeks after engaging in an enthralling running battle with the Gold Coast's Konrad Hurrell Sims was at it again on Friday night.

He laid out Robert Jennings in the 56th minute before snapping Adam Reynolds and forcing him from the field for a concussion test in the final 10 minutes.

While Sims' name hasn't been mentioned in the State of Origin debate for several years, he has arguably found career-best form in 2018.

And just like teammates Paul Vaughan and Jack de Belin, the 28-year-old declared himself ready to take the step up.

"One hundred per cent - I've made no bones about it, I really want to play State of Origin," Sims told AAP.

"These next couple of weeks are really important, I want to make sure I show that I'm consistent and physically ready to step up to the Origin arena.

"I'm not trying to look too far ahead and this is my main focus, playing for the Dragons."

What's counting against Sims' push for a maiden Blues jumper is the deep well of back-rowers that coach Brad Fittler is able to draw from.

As well as incumbents Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Jake Trbojevic and Josh Jackson, the likes of de Belin and Angus Crichton are knocking on the door, forming a deep queue.

Sims said he felt at home after being moved back to the left-edge back-row spot where he has played almost all of his career.

When he arrived from Newcastle in mid-2016, he was used by coach Paul McGregor as a middle forward purely out of necessity.

However, following Joel Thompson's departure to Manly, he has been able to shift back to the edge.

"I only played in the middle when I first came here and that was to fill in a spot for a little bit," Sims said.

"I loved my time in the middle, it's a different challenge.

"To keep my spot on the edge, I've got to keep performing. I've still got a lot to do to perform for my team week in and week out."

Source: AAP

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sims-puts-his-hand-up-for-origin

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The way Euan is going, he should be in the conversation too. Apparently Fittler reeeeally rates him. No other NSW centres are really putting their hands up right now and Freddy has openly said he will pick on form.

ouryears

Bench
You made that statement in March last year. It’s been 12 months. McInnes hasn’t played origin. The laughs were justified.
Harsh, considering it was Daley and co last year.
Freddy may see it differently.
But Cook from Souths?

ouryears

Bench
I’d say Cook, McInnes and Korisau are locked in a battle. Cook wins on speed, Korisau wins on smarts, McInnes wins on defense. Outside of that, they are all fairly even.
Agree Benny V, I think NSW will need Cook to throw doubt into their defensive line, I think he is an ok defender too.....

BennyV

Referee
Agree Benny V, I think NSW will need Cook to throw doubt into their defensive line, I think he is an ok defender too.....
They are all good defenders, good attackers and good ball players. Each has their strength. It will depend on who fills the 6 and 7.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Did you see on TV the other day that Laurie Daley said that the NSW team should stay with Woods and Klemmer because of loyalty and he was sure Freddy would hold the same opinion, at least for game one. We do 't learn do we? Oh well, as a Saints supporter part of me hopes our guys miss out, but they deserve to be picked. Hunt, Friz and JBD are certainties.