What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
First the Sharks steal Tonegato from under our noses.............the gun !

Then sign her to a 3 year contract

Then AFB on the market and he becomes a Shark while they were quiet as a mouse negotiating !

fishy business making the Dragons look like Mullet and the Sharks like the kings of the sea
It’s not hard to look like the kings of anything when comparing to the dragons with their track record of signing shit players and extending the contract of shit coaches year after year.

SAP58

Juniors
Moga scored 6 tries in 3 games in 2023 I think, compared to Matt Feagai's 4 tries in 23 games. If your granny is better than Moga then her granny is better than Feagai. Anybody, I'll take anybody but Feagai.
Based on 2023 form I totally agree with you about Feagai he constantly did my head in with his defense or lack thereof leaving his opposing winger unmarked but I am not sure he is a winger either I believe his experience has benn as a Centre simikar to his brother & it will be interesting to see what Flanno does with him in the off season. He has definitely not been well coached in the past couple of years. By the way my grandmother has knocked back the offer 😉

Mojo

Bench
Based on 2023 form I totally agree with you about Feagai he constantly did my head in with his defense or lack thereof leaving his opposing winger unmarked but I am not sure he is a winger either I believe his experience has benn as a Centre simikar to his brother & it will be interesting to see what Flanno does with him in the off season. He has definitely not been well coached in the past couple of years. By the way my grandmother has knocked back the offer 😉
If my Grandmother had anything to do with it, the whole squad would have have been given a spoonful of caster oil each ten years ago and they'd have been playing great footy ever since.

possm

Coach
Who are these marquee players and why would they want to play for us? You make it sound so simple.
First, you must hold the idea and then work on plans to execute it. The AFB signing was out of the blue, and we were not ready for it. As an aside, I would subscribe to the theory that Flanno did a lot of good work on the AFB signing and then handed it over to recruitment who stuff it up.

I hope Flanno hands the shovel to recruitment to dig up some good possibilities, and then close the deal himself.

Parko1310

Juniors
Why are we chasing Woolford? This only makes sense if we are moving Liddle to half or 5/8 or something equally strange.
Depth I'd say. If we want to play both Mulheisen and Liddle which I'd hope and assume we do, we literally don't have any backup if one of them goes down. Woolford's pretty shite though, so can't say I'm disappointed

kit66

Bench
Good….he’s ordinary at best!

Woolford's service from dummy half is excellent, puts the ball out in front of his players so they can run onto it, like giving them a head start. Watch our players, getting the ball standing still, or leaping up and back to catch the ball or starting a run only to have to stutter/stop to receive the ball - it's one of the reasons we never get up a head of steam.
He's also an excellent defender. Not a bad organizer but his forwards are well drilled. On the flipside he's not a noted kicker and rarely runs or plays 80 minutes.
He would have been a handy pick up for sure to rotate with Liddle.

kit66

Bench
I was just having a look at Canberra's season and ladder position last year and noticed that of their 13 wins, 11 were by just 7 points or less, which is pretty amazing and just 3 of their losses by 6 points or less. So they're basically doing just enough to get over the line and into the 8. It shows some great mental toughness and patience on the teams part and some really good coaching by Ricky. Quiet achievers. Hopefully Flanno can instill some mental toughness into our boys, not just getting them physically fitter.
Remember the 80's version of the Raiders, real entertainers.

Dragon David

First Grade
Oh dear, not another knock back!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Woolford's service from dummy half is excellent, puts the ball out in front of his players so they can run onto it, like giving them a head start. Watch our players, getting the ball standing still, or leaping up and back to catch the ball or starting a run only to have to stutter/stop to receive the ball - it's one of the reasons we never get up a head of steam.
He's also an excellent defender. Not a bad organizer but his forwards are well drilled. On the flipside he's not a noted kicker and rarely runs or plays 80 minutes.
He would have been a handy pick up for sure to rotate with Liddle.
He never looked that great at both the Knights & Bulldogs! Never played 1 NRL game and returned back to Canberra.
He’s 27 and only played some 38 NRL games.

What about Flanno previously sprouting, we are not desperate and will not sign players as fill ins! Hold my beer, it’s back to normal journeyman.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
What’s happening to the 2 beasts we got from manly. I saw that Fifita play twice and thought what a beast and we signed him and another bloke. Mark Carroll was taking them up as animals.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I liked the look of Finau (Simone’s brother Haele) but he hasn’t made the cut. Maybe he needs a big off season and a chance?

(based only on his highlights, not seen him play)

kit66

Bench
He never looked that great at both the Knights & Bulldogs! Never played 1 NRL game and returned back to Canberra.
He’s 27 and only played some 38 NRL games.

What about Flanno previously sprouting, we are not desperate and will not sign players as fill ins! Hold my beer, it’s back to normal journeyman.

He played 21 games last year and went really well, helped his team make the 8. Flanno had a shot at grabbing a decent hooker and we all know we need a decent hooker. There's literally no hookers of note available at the moment so good on flanno for having a shot. Flanno jnr will play in the halves for the time being and Liddle will likely need help and I don't know that Mulheisen can step up to firsts, he also has not set the World alight.
I'd be as happy as anyone if we signed some high quality players but it's not happening is it. Can't even sign a second rate hooker.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I liked the look of Finau (Simone’s brother Haele) but he hasn’t made the cut. Maybe he needs a big off season and a chance?

(based only on his highlights, not seen him play)
I liked the look of him too, Snow D. Pretty quick off the mark but I confess I note good attack more than defensive qualities - no doubt someone will make a comment re his defence. He is featured amongst an odd selection of Top 30, "supplementary" players and others in the NSW Cup squad which Get Smarty recently posted. So presumably he is still here on the fringes.

kit66

Bench
What’s happening to the 2 beasts we got from manly. I saw that Fifita play twice and thought what a beast and we signed him and another bloke. Mark Carroll was taking them up as animals.

Fifita and Tuitavake are in the squad and I'm sure they'll be given the opportunity to play a few games to see how they go. We'd be mad to rush them through too quickly despite our desperate circumstances - unless of course they force there way into the 17 with some great footy (that'd be a treat). No rush, we aren't going anywhere this year.

Crush

Coach
I was just having a look at Canberra's season and ladder position last year and noticed that of their 13 wins, 11 were by just 7 points or less, which is pretty amazing and just 3 of their losses by 6 points or less. So they're basically doing just enough to get over the line and into the 8. It shows some great mental toughness and patience on the teams part and some really good coaching by Ricky. Quiet achievers. Hopefully Flanno can instill some mental toughness into our boys, not just getting them physically fitter.
Remember the 80's version of the Raiders, real entertainers.
Raiders snuck into the 8 with a bottom 4 for and against, they underachieved with that roster. If Flanno could achieve the same season however with our roster, it would be the single most brilliant achievement of NRL history. A couple of injuries to our first 17 and it’ll be boys vs men.

TheRev

First Grade
Glad we're chasing a hooker.. I still dont know how we plan to use Liddle.. I dont think going 80mins is realistic.. let alone staying uninjured doing it.. I'm really curious to see if we run a 14 to give him a rest.. if so who?

And I dont see anything but an injury-filler in Muhleisen who is probably gone end of season (standard disclaimer: hope I'm wrong about him).. I feel like we only re-signed Connor for 2024 because we literally need bodies in positions to field our 1st grade and nsw cup teams... and this kid bleeds red&white.