What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

maestro1

Bench
The fact that we lost both Mcinnes and Robson and ended up with McCullough shows just how bad our recruitment is/was.
McCullough in his day was a fine number 9, but we got him straight after an ACL injury and well into his 30s. Dumb fxck Millward, Hook and Haran. The 3 stooges, Larry Curly and Mo.

since77

Juniors
Sure? I thought it was because he wanted 4 years and Saints wouldn’t go to four.
From memory the official reason McInness gave was that he wanted his future sorted out at the start of the season and the Dragons were playing wait and see until starting negotiations whilst the Sharks offer was on the table there and then. I believe that story. Of course I would say the McGregor drama might have helped make his mind up.
The club would have been far better off giving Robson the starting hooker role a year or more earlier and resigning McInness to do exactly what he's doing at the Sharks.
But the club is not that smart....

From memory the official reason McInness gave was that he wanted his future sorted out at the start of the season and the Dragons were playing wait and see until starting negotiations whilst the Sharks offer was on the table there and then. I believe that story. Of course I would say the McGregor drama might have helped make his mind up.
The club would have been far better off giving Robson the starting hooker role a year or more earlier and resigning McInness to do exactly what he's doing at the Sharks.
Yes, they had 4 choices.
1. Keep both McInnes and Robson
2. Keep McInnes and let Robson go.
3. Keep Robson and let McInnes go.
4. Let both go.
1 to 4 would have been my order of preference. But people will have other opinions. That's fine. I suspect, though, that we can all agree that 4. was the worst possible outcome. So, yeah, "not that smart" for option 1, but not even smart enough for 2. or 3.

SGMax

Juniors
McInnes signed with the sharks soon after the season ended with a year left to run on his existing contract without much thought of negotiating with Saints.

Its a fine way to repay the club that gave you opportunities that Souths weren't and to give him priority over our promising juniors and made him club captain.
Hang on, it was McGregor paying him not the club...
In my eyes he turned out to be an ungrateful grub.

Illusion

Bench
But the club is not that smart.... AT ........... ALL ............ They all sat on their big asses patting each other on the backs after the joint venture Grand Final win , it was like " We got them a Grand Final win now lets look after each other and F**K them " ............

sammymills

Juniors
McInnes signed with the sharks soon after the season ended with a year left to run on his existing contract without much thought of negotiating with Saints.

Its a fine way to repay the club that gave you opportunities that Souths weren't and to give him priority over our promising juniors and made him club captain.
Hang on, it was McGregor paying him not the club...
In my eyes he turned out to be an ungrateful grub.
Plus then we got the great man andrew mcullah to replace him with, blistering pace out of dummy half

Slippery Morris

First Grade
McInness was let go because it is pretty evident McCullough was in the picture to replace him. King Hunt would have approved that seeing he can do whatever he wants at Saints and McCullough being his best mate he obviously rather him than McInnes. Only for King Hunt to then whinge about Saints recruitment last year being rubbish in the pas which included then bringing in his 3 pals Hook, McCullough and McGuire.

Now people going off at Lomax for demanding centre but King Hunt demands 1/2 back and gets away with it. We cannot have him play Hooker. No way, that would create kaos. Then a player copies their capt's poor attitude and they get shafted. Media not once going off that King Hunt only wants to play halfback. I applaud Flanno for putting Lomax at wing as he has been dynamite, if only he can do the same with Hunt at hooker because him at half is has not really made Saints a force.

Illusion

Bench
McInness was let go because it is pretty evident McCullough was in the picture to replace him. King Hunt would have approved that seeing he can do whatever he wants at Saints and McCullough being his best mate he obviously rather him than McInnes. Only for King Hunt to then whinge about Saints recruitment last year being rubbish in the pas which included then bringing in his 3 pals Hook, McCullough and McGuire.

Now people going off at Lomax for demanding centre but King Hunt demands 1/2 back and gets away with it. We cannot have him play Hooker. No way, that would create kaos. Then a player copies their capt's poor attitude and they get shafted. Media not once going off that King Hunt only wants to play halfback. I applaud Flanno for putting Lomax at wing as he has been dynamite, if only he can do the same with Hunt at hooker because him at half is has not really made Saints a force.
👏👏👏👏👏

thebigredv

First Grade
So the other M . Molo has been signed for another year .........
F Molo I could bring myself to understand even though I am not sold on him due to his lack of discipline in a club that needs a culture reset.
M Molo, though, is a depth recruit and for mine it's a bit early to be making such moves. That is unless there's something done and dusted in the pipeline invloving big name forwards, but we pretty much know that ain't the case the way our recruitment moves like sloth.