What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Centy Coast

Juniors
If it’s a Qld club and he wants to return home then release him, if it is another Sydney club then a player swap or two player swap for him if they want him bad enough.
This is what happens when you sign long term contracts and clubs approach you mid contract.

southsport

First Grade
Are the Roosters wanting to create this fiasco because we caused that with them when we were almost to sign Ryles and will they do the same to the Storm because they sneakily came in through the side door and got Ryles to join them?
Good point, I didn't think of that, it's just the way Politis operates, they're throwing half their roster out the door. Hunt will probably end up signing for the chooks for about half of what he's on at the dragons, the rest will be under the table.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If it’s a Qld club and he wants to return home then release him, if it is another Sydney club then a player swap or two player swap for him if they want him bad enough.
This is what happens when you sign long term contracts and clubs approach you mid contract.
Once you release him, you have no say whatsoever as to who he plays for. Even if he does have a deal with a Qld club, he's shown he has no qualms about breaking a contract

Dragons22

Juniors
I never want to see Hunt wear the Red V ever again unless it's in NSW Cup. He will leave this club as a traitor and one of the most hated. He has handlded this situation in an appalling manner. Gutless and selfish. Behind the back of his teammates. Awful from a so called club captain. A complete dog act. His so-called reasons are pathetic. In all my years of supporting this club and have never looked back with disgust at one of our ex-players. Hunt will be different. Enjoy missing the finals at Titans or Bulldogs. I expect when either Holbrook or Ciraldo get sacked you carry on like the petulant whinger you are and ask to be released. Your behaviour reflects so poorly on your character and behaviour. If you hate this club so much, why did you re-sign 6 months ago?
F**k off Ben C**nt.
If you ever step foot onto Kogarah Oval or Wollongong Sportsground again, you deserve whatever is coming your way.

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
Roosters name is thrown in by Hooper as another suitor for Hunt and apparently Hunt wants to pay 150k to compensate Dragons . Knowing that eventually our club has to do a deal, if it is Roosters then we should get Sam Walker. Hunt going there will be the end of Sam Walker. Lets swap them and then Hunt can throw in $150k compensation.

56to66

Juniors
At the end of the Day Ben Hunt has a Contract, No Club is bigger than the game (other clubs trying to poach him), James Hooper says St George is shambles, I believe the NRL is a Shambles! for allowing this to happen, I will not be watching State of Oranges, we are the customers of this product!

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
When it was muted that Hook only had a few weeks to convince the Board to keep him on otherwise Hook was a gonner, Hunt gave an interview basically giving his whole support for Hook to remain as the coach of the Dragons and saying that if he goes it would mean Hujnt starting all over again with a new coach and he was of the age that he didn't want to start again with another coach. What the bloody hell will he be doing when he ultimately leaves us? Is Hook going to be at the other club he is going to end up at? I don't think so Benny, you will have to start all over again - fitting in with the new players (who would know that you are a deadset traitor), learning the new systems, getting to know the new coach, getting to know the new management. Not wanting to start over again my big fat arse you lying creep.
DD agree totally , i mentioned it at the time that he has to start over if he went to a new team so it was a really stupid excuse BUT no journo picked it up it was all about benny and his mate hook

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Anyone saying we should just let him go surely doesnt get the bigger picture. We want the most bang for our buck, wherever he ends up will have to give us a few props of our choice and any other player flanno thinks will suit the way he wants us to play. We cant just let him go for nothing stuff that because thats exactly what the *unt wants

56to66

Juniors
Anyone saying we should just let him go surely doesnt get the bigger picture. We want the most bang for our buck, wherever he ends up will have to give us a few props of our choice and any other player flanno thinks will suit the way he wants us to play. We cant just let him go for nothing stuff that because thats exactly what the *unt wants
"We cant just let him go for nothing stuff that because thats exactly what the *unt wants"
Plus there other Clubs behind this!

blue bags

First Grade
How does a player pull out mid-season if an offer hasn't been made by a rival club.

enforcement...there must have been some serious in depth discussions from either the
Titans, Chooks, or Bulldogs.
NRL HQ have been too quiet over these types of occurences.

bogus....successful club, moving back home, tired of a rebuilding roster, ...all crap.
What about his close mate Cherry Evans
Sea Eagles has had some issues
With a few play makers
Have a few players injured
Still very keen to win a premiership
🤔

qld redvee

Juniors
I just hope a few journalists take the st george viewpoint and mention how unprofessional and selfish young benny is by demanding an instant release and is happy to leave the club in the poo ... Further he is captain gets the big bucks and its been mentioned that he hasnt got an issue with playing group rather our management team .. So he loves the boys BUT Ive just been offered 900k for the next 2 years ( which could be the same we agreed on who knows) so im outta here best of luck with the wooden spoon .. This is where Id love reporters to attack him as it really says a lot about his integrity .. And the NRL should deregister his manager for brokering a new deal , there wont be a paperwork trail but it sounds like a deal has been done , and a hefty fine for the team he signs with and a transfer fee for us

Latest posts