What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
We have to keep this kid. He can't be put down. I'd love to see him bust the line but at 18 he looks like a man against boys.

Since he has moved into the centres I can now see the potential. I honestly could not see it when he was out on the wing.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
This might seem over the top and I am probably still a bit light headed from the unexpected win today but I'll post it anyway...

Suli reminds me of a young Mal Meninga...

Chicken George Meninga....hope he ends up as good...
Love it how he drags defenders along with him.

Tiger05

First Grade
This might seem over the top and I am probably still a bit light headed from the unexpected win today but I'll post it anyway...

I don't want to compare him to anyone but I can see your point. I haven't seen a centre who is that hard to take down in a long time.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Still has a long way to go to even be half the player thar Big Mal was

But he is 18 and had only played two u20 games prior this year...

Will get bigger, more confident and hopefully get first rate coaching under Ivan...

There is considerable upside...

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Would I be wrong in saying this was the first time Brooks really led the team with Moses in the side? He made some errors, but it was his team and he did not look intimidated and his defense looked to be better. Needs to work on the kicking game but for effort alone he was my Man of the Match.

The best thing about this win is it was team effort which the departing guys were not the difference, Woods made a buttload of metres, his play the balls were slow though and did not help the next bloke hitting the ball up. Tedesco was competent and put in, it was a great offload for the first try but apart from that he was well contained, I am not sure what the Eels see in Moses, but all I can say is "No Returns" He's all yours.

It is good to see the edge defense is getting addressed, its still suspect but the fact it is being adjusted shows it has at least been identified and worked on, it has been frustrating that so many for so long have seen these issues but nothing happened.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think something that is obvious is how poor a coach JT was compared to Cleary. JT did nothing to work on our edge defence and didn't seem to come up with any new tactics. Clearly has made adjustments in every game and we've looked a lot better.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Clearly has made adjustments in every game and we've looked a lot better.

The biggest change is in how the team now just go straight and are earning the right to go wide when the middle is won. It's simple, risk free and easy to follow. I also like the tactic of kicking to the corners. No more silly mid-field bombs.

It's these tactics that make teams like Melbourne appear to have so many superstars. Straight and hard with a bit of fancy footwork thrown in from the back.

Shredder

Juniors
My take on this:

- Brooks, ran straight, led the team - didnt seem like a player that was out of the game for four weeks. If he can play like that week in week out, we kept the right guy
- Nofo - just passion - ran hard and tackled hard
- The looked smoother - still not quite there, but our attack looked much more cohesive.
- Ivan Cleary pulled THAT win with the same cattle JT and Potter had. Impressed.
- I suspect Moses was under orders to be a passenger
- Can say any of the leaving players dogged that game.

Good team win

magpie4ever

First Grade
Still has a long way to go to even be half the player thar Big Mal was

But he is 18 and had only played two u20 games prior this year...

Will get bigger, more confident and hopefully get first rate coaching under Ivan...

There is considerable upside...

"Will get bigger" - doesn't need to get any bigger, quicker maybe.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Really happy with what I saw from Brooks today. Sure there were a few errors but he did show me that when he does call a play he goes well. With Moses gone and the right 5/8 supporting him he will turn things around.

Cleary has a football brain, sets a game plan that plays to our strengths. He will drag this team up and I can see 2018 being one where we will be competitive week after week.

Tiger Ted

Bench

The kid is a genuine gun.He won't b going anywhere.By the time his contract is up we will b a formidable force & this humble kid will b infected by the passion for our club by the likes of Nofa.

It sticks in my craw that the predatory dogs moved heaven & earth to try entice Suli away from us.

I'lI give Moses one thing his goal kicking is good ATM,not sure who will be doing it next season but i hope we secure a decent player that can cover it.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'lI give Moses one thing his goal kicking is good ATM,not sure who will be doing it next season but i hope we secure a decent player that can cover it.

His game management is terrible but he can play. If his kicking stays at this level we need someone with that ability to replace him.

I think Brooks was more involved today and possibly he is the better option of the two. Up until today I've thought Moses was a lot better player.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
His game management is terrible but he can play. If his kicking stays at this level we need someone with that ability to replace him.

I think Brooks was more involved today and possibly he is the better option of the two. Up until today I've thought Moses was a lot better player.

His goalkicking has improved,but i wish he would stop those harbour bridge passes.

WT Unity

Juniors
Edwards in the starting team - FMD.
I'm no big wrap on Edwards...so don't get me wrong this is not about him......BUT - If he is to be in the 17 then starting with him is by far the better option. The Bench! - This is clearly an area where Cleary has already proven to be a far superior coach to JT. Edwards has one attribute - He's a good solid defender...put's his shoulder in, makes good initial contact and can drop a bloke quickly. Better to have him on the field for the early exchanges leaving impact players on the bench who can come on and....well....have an impact!
Sue and Aloiai off the bench, appear to me anyway, as making the back end of our 1st half much better!

Latest posts