What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - discussion thread

Old Timer

Coach
Do well they will keep Mary.
Don't do well end up with Mary because nobody wants the poison chalice.
All a bit of a marygoround really.

BrissyRedV

Bench
It's a season where we basically are hoping they don't get the spoon.
It's the first season I have ever felt that we are in real danger of the spoon. Normally I am a very optimistic type of guy, but Mary has destroyed all confidence I have in this team. I just hope the players ignore his instructions and play like they did against the Sharks late last year.

possm

Coach
Painful now but exciting in a few weeks time when our new coach is announced for the 2018 season.

Crush

Coach
Forgive the somewhat off topic post but watching the GF replay from last year on fox. Geez, maloney is good. He just knows when to run and when to pass/kick. The defense is always guessing when he has ball in hand. Widdop is laughable compared to maloney.
Barba is also so dangerous. Always in the game, looking for the ball. Explosive pace and very strong. Thats the key, pace and strength. Dugan has strength and dufty has pace but neither have both.
Ennis is one of those inspirational leaders as well as a gun hooker, another thing the dragons lack.
In short, dragons spine isn't in same league as sharks 2016 spine, different level and little wonder they won the comp.
Anyways, go dragons....

giboz71

First Grade
Forgive the somewhat off topic post but watching the GF replay from last year on fox. Geez, maloney is good. He just knows when to run and when to pass/kick. The defense is always guessing when he has ball in hand. Widdop is laughable compared to maloney.
Barba is also so dangerous. Always in the game, looking for the ball. Explosive pace and very strong. Thats the key, pace and strength. Dugan has strength and dufty has pace but neither have both.
Ennis is one of those inspirational leaders as well as a gun hooker, another thing the dragons lack.
In short, dragons spine isn't in same league as sharks 2016 spine, different level and little wonder they won the comp.
Anyways, go dragons....

Exactly.

2 things we lack in our current 5/8 and fullback, hence we struggle so much. The fact these 2 are our highest profile and highest paid players just makes the whole situation worse.

The Sharks recognized the importance of the spine and they did what they needed to do. Barba, Maloney, Townsend, Ennis. They invested wisely in their spine and came up trumps.

Vinnie

Juniors
Does anyone actually know the team sheet ??? I believe it has to be presented before 4pm every Tuesday.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan

2. Nene Macdonald

3. Euan Aitken

4. Tim Lafai

5. Jason Nightingale

6. Gareth Widdop

7. Josh McCrone

8. Russell Packer

9. Cameron McInnes

10. Paul Vaughan

11. Tyson Frizell

12. Joel Thompson

13. Jack de Belin

Interchange

14. Tariq Sims

15. Leeson Ah Mau

16. Jacob Host

17. Jai Field

18. Kurt Mann

19. Taane Milne

20. Jake Marketo

21. Hame Sele

dragoninmexico

Juniors
Dufty has been named in the Cutters side i thought he was out for up to a month?
Also what has happened with Leilua? Has he had a poor off season?

Crush

Coach
Mann has been selected at left right out. Milne should walk away from his contract and leave right now, lafai getting a free ride at his expense is criminal.
Even though I knew this team was coming I am still in shock. How could they be so blind?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Any player who has showed any potential to play some exciting football has been brushed in the Round 1 announcement. Luciano, Field, Milne, Mann etc all make way for the likes of Widdop, McCrone and Lafai to dish up the same inept and boring style of football that tortured me for 24 rounds last year.

blacksafake

First Grade
If anyone is shocked at the team/squad i'm surprised as it is basically the exact team most on here were expecting with the only surprise being Sele.Having Field in 17 looks like he may be sitting on the bench & most likely staying there.I would prefer to see him playing in the cutters at this stage.
L plate obviously thinks Mann is a winger so you can count him out.Milne is wasted on the bench so we can count him out.If he decides Field would be better playing cutters that leaves us with a bench of Simms,Plodder,Host & heavens above Marketoo_O

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I am absolutely thrilled with the Round 1 team. This means that McGregor should only see about 5-6 rounds this year before being sacked. The bigger risk was that he picked a young exciting and attacking team and we were win say 4 or 5 of the 1st 6 games because then the imbecile may have kept his job!

This team essentially seals his fate; indeed it confirms he is worse then Price (which takes some doing).

The risk is that the likes of Mann, Milne, Leiluia, Field and Dufty will seek releases ASAP.

Finally I do not intend watching anymore until some sanity returns to the place.