What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Dragons bublle burst

krispyredv

Juniors
well when I look at our coming draw there are no real games that worry me. roosters storm and warriors are all very winnable if we turn up with our current attitude. if we can win those 3 games in the lead up to rep round we are in very good shape, if we drop one game it shouldn't worry us either.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Honestly, OKB1 First of all, a Kogarah Marist boy should'nt even know how to spell the word First. Game's up mate, recommend you study the James Cook Boys book First , then comment.

For what we had to pay in school fees, l should now be retired!

Life's Good

Coach
Probably stating the obvious but depth(not so much quality but game readiness)will be critical in maintaining the rage. The success and stability of the current playing group is key to our current performance but the downside is that no fringe players are getting a decent run(Milne, Host, Havili as examples). Hoping that when they are called upon they can step up.
One area we have not yet been tested is having to chase down an opponent. We have been in top from the get go(except parra)where teams are struggling to keep pace with us(pretty much like 2010).

These 2 things are the standouts for me in keeping the bubble intact.

duck

Juniors
Great idea for a new coach!
nintchdbpict000279366027.jpg
You beat me to it.
You beat me to it!
You beat me to it.

BennyV

Referee
NOt sure if it's a concern (for Mary anyway) because he's got it right. Dugan is among our best players and fullback is his best position. He's also a better fullback option than he is a centre (he made a good fist at centre in Aus and SOO games but long term, he has a lot to learn about the posiiton).

I agree with Mary on this one.

EDIT: The concern is, as I've stated before, that Millward is getting too big for his boots and trying to select the team for Mary. Again, Mary has it right - that is the coaches job. The club pays a player what they are worth, based on advice from the coach as to the type of player needed, and the coach picks the team. If the balance of power has shifted away from the coach, then that's indicative of a problem. If Mary is unable to handle the responsibility of team selection etc, or this indicates a movement back to him micromanaging, then it's a slight on him as a coach, but by the looks of it he is flagging it.

Minh

First Grade
We only beat the defending premiers on their home turf...no biggie and we also burst the red hot Manly bubble...that's nothing and in round one we sent the opening season premiership favorites in the Panthers back down to earth with a thud but yeah we have no scalps this year.....

ALSGI

Bench
We only beat the defending premiers on their home turf...no biggie and we also burst the red hot Manly bubble...that's nothing and in round one we sent the opening season premiership favorites in the Panthers back down to earth with a thud but yeah we have no scalps this year.....
And with Perenara putting in Man of Match performances!!!!

SEAT 1A

Bench
I have followed Saints for a long time, when you achieve what the team has done so far, they should be applauded. lets enjoy while the going is good, we have had bad times but they are easily forgotten when you are winning.

Loving it Saint52. The club has gone through the lowest of times in the last few years. The lowest times for me were before Brian Smith rode into town.

Remember, before a ball had been kicked off every man and his dog had the Dragons finishing at the bottom of the table, and possibly second last only due to NTL.

Now the club is first and I'm loving it, we will make the eight, so lap it up. Enjoy these great times now and wear the Red V, scream at the games or on the TV and get behind the team.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Wow 'Minh' ............ you are dam right!
Looking at all that, its' probably fair to say we've achieved bugger all this season.
Thanks for bringing us down a peg or two and rightly so.

Now where were we .............. oh, that's right, first!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ALSGI

Bench
Guys, need some advice.
Next Tuesday, got the Dawn Service with family, bbq lunch all sorted.
What sort of chook for dinner?
Charcoal, BBQ, deep fried, air fried, KFC or Bondi Burgers????

dexter

Juniors
Congrats to the saints for the season start but seriously Redcliffe could make the 8 with saints draw.
Talk about being gifted a top 4 rails run, i would be disappointed if my team didn't finish top 4 with that draw.

Saints play only 1 side from last years top 5 twice ( Sharks ) they play teams 6 7 8 twice then all other teams they play twice are from the bottom 8.
Even the knights play the top 3 twice and Broncos play 6 of the top 8 twice including the top 4 twice.

Still you can only beat the teams you've been given but i doubt you'll get a kinder draw.
The next 5 weeks or so will tell if the side is going as well as some think.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Congrats to the saints for the season start but seriously Redcliffe could make the 8 with saints draw.
Talk about being gifted a top 4 rails run, i would be disappointed if my team didn't finish top 4 with that draw.

Saints play only 1 side from last years top 5 twice ( Sharks ) they play teams 6 7 8 twice then all other teams they play twice are from the bottom 8.
Even the knights play the top 3 twice and Broncos play 6 of the top 8 twice including the top 4 twice.

Still you can only beat the teams you've been given but i doubt you'll get a kinder draw.
The next 5 weeks or so will tell if the side is going as well as some think.
Doing well for the preseason wooden spooners regardless of the draw...

Old Timer

Coach
FFS people come up with shit posts trying to downgrade our performances and achievements.
So we obviously tanked last year just so we get this exact draw.
Everybody used to love playing is twice when we were playing shit well now its all a different story and I am sure the so called top teams are more than happy to play us only once during the season proper.

BrissyRedV

Bench
FFS people come up with shit posts trying to downgrade our performances and achievements.
So we obviously tanked last year just so we get this exact draw.
Everybody used to love playing is twice when we were playing shit well now its all a different story and I am sure the so called top teams are more than happy to play us only once during the season proper.
Haters are always going to hate and will never look at the situation holistically. Have we been lucky with the draw, other teams "off days" and injuries? Maybe, but the proof in how well we are going is all in the stats. Leading points scorers, third best in points against, second least missed tackles, third least errors, sixth in metres gained, third in tackle breaks and fifth in line breaks all suggestive of us being deserved of our current position especially when compared to other teams.

dexter

Juniors
Yeah i congratulated saints on their achievements so far and pointed out the facts of the draw.
Nobody said they tanked anything but you will imo know a lot more about the side after the next 5 weeks.
The thread is asking a question which i have attempted to answer.

Question though, if you get a better draw as the tanking comment suggests why didn't the knights get an easier draw