What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Rowe will never be better than Tedesco but i still feel we might as well look towards the future with combinations etc and therefore if Rowe is considered out next best I'd be playing him over Tedesco for the rest of this season

I guess we'd be mad not to continue developing Rowe or whoever else we are going to use at fullback. As it is offical now Potter has to make a decision where the club lies so far as fullback. His career and our future will depend on it....so I hope he gets it right.

ek999

First Grade
For this year?

Is it worth weakening your team when you still have a good shot at making the finals

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Whoever is going to be fullback needs to get there soon. Brooks is continuing to develop his game so he needs to develop a partnership with our new fullback (whoever it is).

Just quietly our 6 is the biggest problem at the moment....I'd like to see that fixed at the same time so all these young guys can develop around each other.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
For this year?

Is it worth weakening your team when you still have a good shot at making the finals

how does that weaken the side?

Our shot at a strong finals run is set for 2016 - after Brooks and Mosses have had a full season in the NRL together.

As previously stated, why delay our structure and new fullback development and progress Canberra's?

Why not just let him leave now.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoever is going to be fullback needs to get there soon. Brooks is continuing to develop his game so he needs to develop a partnership with our new fullback (whoever it is).

Just quietly our 6 is the biggest problem at the moment....I'd like to see that fixed at the same time so all these young guys can develop around each other.
I think in the mean time, Sironen at 6 is not bad for development. If he ends up moving to Lock, that combo with the halfback will be an amazing thing to have.

Time to drop Anasta.

natheel

Coach
Big loss looking to the future but for now he's injury prone and has played 25 games since 2012. Time to focus on other players who can fill the void for you guys.

Went for huge money in comparison to your offer apparently so in a sense it softens the blow. I wouldn't want my club to shell out close to 700k for him.

As an opposing fan i haven't seen much in Rowe to say he is a future star. Looked at the off contract fullbacks for next year and the only one that stands out that would possibly make your team is Gardner whether Tigers outsource or not i don't know but he would be a handy pick up should they want to look outside the club.

That's real dissappointing ,i would move Simona there if we can not find a suitable replacement as he is an excellent broken field runner,can tackle and contest the high ball,it just means we have to find a decent centre to fill that void.

Juniors
Rowe will never be better than Tedesco but i still feel we might as well look towards the future with combinations etc and therefore if Rowe is considered out next best I'd be playing him over Tedesco for the rest of this season

Definitely should not play first grade again this year, even if it means we miss the top 8.

There needs to be a strict stance from the Tigers here and the NRL needs to look at this. All the development and support that's gone into him and now this. F#@K him and the money.

I don't see why he should develop further under a former Dally M winning fullback only to go on and flaunt those skills for that Muppet at Canberra.

As pissed as i am i feel for the Kid. He was probably bent over and pulled in 50 directions by his manager so he can get his cut.

Pezz70

Juniors
Way to throw away a career teddy, enjoy the cash, cause you'll never see a premiership or representative team. You had a chance to shine with your mates, and big money was coming your way , too greedy too early. Good luck though! I understand that as a young bloke you take what you can get NRL can be unforgiving.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I can understand that the money is very tough to look past, especially if Canberra were reportedly offering him close to double what the Tigers did.

Still, he's here for the rest of the year. Smash every cent out of him IMO.

Sending him back to reggies would only make him all the more eager against us in 2015.

hutch

First Grade
Some people take less money to stay at the club they grew up with and have mates at, some take the big dollars and move on thinking they might never have that chance again. Happens all the time. While we are in with a shot of making the semis he has to be in first grade, if our season is gone then drop him. More importantly, who plays fullback next year? This should mean korobiete will stay with us anyway!

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we are shopping around for a new fullback I hope the admin at least seek out Zak Hardaker from the super league to see if he is keen to come out to the NRL. I am sure he is under contract but that hasn't stopped people before.

As someone else said there aren't really any other options on the market apart from in house

Latest posts