What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Nuffy

Bench
Further to this issue.

I actually sent an email to Mids several days before the update on most of the issues covered in the update and issues near and dear to us all. Its a coincidence that a few days later the update came out and addressed a lot of the issues I raised.

Anyway, as part of that, Mids offered to meet me to discuss the issues in further detail. So last Wednesday, Mac and I meet him for about 90 minutes to discuss the issues at hand.

He was generous with his time and covered a number of the issues in more detail then we expected.

I'll type up a summary and after he approves it, I'll post it here and on the FB page.

Knight76

Juniors
Just our luck the NRL will bring in sweeping salary cap changes to create player ratings cap, right when our genetically modified super footballers are about to hit 1st grade.

Still Nutty

Juniors
All discussed lads, you will be pleased to know that the plan browny won't tell you about is that we are starting a breeding programme of genetically modified African American athletes who shit TPAs. We are calling the first one Rory.

Would have been much better to go with the breeding programme of genetically modified African American athletes who are numerically illiterate and act as their own player managers...then who needs TPAs ;)

Nuffy

Bench
I've heard the call from Guam, I was in Hong Kong and now heading to Tokyo, back in Sydney tomorrow.

Anyway, we've written a summary of the topics covered and answers received and its currently with Mids for his review before we send it out.

As soon as he gives the okay, we'll post it.

Jono078

Referee
Why does it matter what Gidley thinks? If he doesn't like it are you going to alter it to suit and then tell us?

Burwood

Bench
I don't think it is common courtesy to wait for the review to be given the thumbs up from Midley. Common courtesy would be emailing the review to Midley and saying that this is what I'll be making public in an hours time.

Midley is meeting with Nuffy as a representative of a knights supporter group- he should expect anything he says to be made public to members of that group. If he doesn't want the information to be made public than he shouldn't be discussing it with Nuffy in the first place.

Whats Doing

Bench
W
It's common courtesy? I know he's public enemy number 1 around here but it's very good of him to give the time of day to the supporters. I don't think many people in his position would.
Wrong.
The Titans Chairman, CEO and Coach had an open forum with members last year where on field and off field questions were put to them and no questions were off limit.
The Titans were in terrible shape last year but they were open and transparent with the problems they were facing and the strategies they had in place to get them out of the hole they were in.
This year the Titans put on a free function for members including food and alcohol who had been members for 10 years and again the Titans management and players were there to take questions and provide the directions where the club is heading.
The management engage with all members on so many levels and the above is only a few of the many engagement strategies they have with all members and not just a represntative select few. The Titans are so far ahead of the Knights in off field management and member engagement and it's no wonder players are coming to the club where the off field operations are very positive and professional.

perverse

Referee
W

Wrong.
The Titans Chairman, CEO and Coach had an open forum with members last year where on field and off field questions were put to them and no questions were off limit.
The Titans were in terrible shape last year but they were open and transparent with the problems they were facing and the strategies they had in place to get them out of the hole they were in.
This year the Titans put on a free function for members including food and alcohol who had been members for 10 years and again the Titans management and players were there to take questions and provide the directions where the club is heading.
The management and engagement with members of the Titans is so far ahead of the Knights and it's no wonder players are coming to the club where the off field operations are very positive and professional.
I'm sure some answers were off limit, though. Perhaps Mids has agreed to be more candid in return for being able to review and help curate the dialog?

Fair dinkum trying to find fault where there is none.

Nuffy

Bench
Why does it matter what Gidley thinks? If he doesn't like it are you going to alter it to suit and then tell us?

We'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it. It didn't happen before with Mids, Brian Mcguigan or John Quayle and I don't envisage it this time around.

From my perspective the review is to ensure that he doesn't feel like we've misrepresented what he said on issues, not about giving him final cut as to be fair he's never asked for that.

Re the Titans, I didn't know that, perhaps we should propose similar.

I know they do a number of things for Armoury club members like stadium tours, dressing room access and special dinners.

Perhaps we should be like the MLB and put people's name on the seat after 5 years.

Let's put our thinking caps on and draw up a proposal for them.

Burwood

Bench
From my perspective the review is to ensure that he doesn't feel like we've misrepresented what he said on issues, not about giving him final cut as to be fair he's never asked for that.

That's all I care about. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts