What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v South Africa at Adelaide on Nov 24-28, 2016

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also renshaw is upsetting rabada a bit so he is frustrating to bowl at. as he gets more experienced he will put away the bad balls he is earning

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In the later part of his innings he's not playing and missing, he's worked out the line and length, that its not deviating and is playing inside the line.

For the first part of his innings, yes he played and missed a few times but not in the latter part.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If Australia are lucky, Renshaw will prove to be like the great Mark Richardson.

Ugly as f**k to watch, but a proper stonewaller that'll wear the bowlers down whilst the T20 brigade keep the score ticking along.

Bazal

Post Whore
Also renshaw is upsetting rabada a bit so he is frustrating to bowl at. as he gets more experienced he will put away the bad balls he is earning

Exactly. It's his debut. He's 20 years old and has a dozen shield games behind him. He's basically just concentrating on not getting out, looking to keep the good balls out. More freedom will come as he feels more comfortable in his role and his own abilityat this level

some11

Referee
I hope we come back tomorrow to score the winning runs just to piss off people who want this over in under 20 overs.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Australia are lucky, Renshaw will prove to be like the great Mark Richardson.

Ugly as f**k to watch, but a proper stonewaller that'll wear the bowlers down whilst the T20 brigade keep the score ticking along.
I disagree. I think he's a classic style opener, who sees off the new ball and then accelerates. He looks quite stylish with the few forceful shots hes played.

For a test debut at twenty when he was probably not even considering playing for Australia a week ago he's done ok. He's got some deficiencies in his game, which every 20 year old has but his temperament and patience looks up to scratch. The fact they threw a debutant 20 year old into first slip tells me that the captain and coach thinks he's got a bit about him.

JJ

Immortal
Tubby should be strung up by his balls, they way he is vilifying this young guy for not playing like the Big Show.

Bit of irony in him carrying on like that, most memorable thing about Taylor was the endlesss play and miss

JJ

Immortal
I disagree. I think he's a classic style opener, who sees off the new ball and then accelerates. He looks quite stylish with the few forceful shots hes played.

For a test debut at twenty when he was probably not even considering playing for Australia a week ago he's done ok. He's got some deficiencies in his game, which every 20 year old has but his temperament and patience looks up to scratch. The fact they threw a debutant 20 year old into first slip tells me that the captain and coach thinks he's got a bit about him.
Rigor wasn't stylish but aside from that the comparison applies. This is what an opener should fo

Bazal

Post Whore
It would be quite nice for Renshaw to pound a couple of boundaries just to shut them up, though. Lol

He's played really well

Latest posts