What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

Brutus

Referee
Token women in the rugby league media all of a sudden. Can someone please explain what Hannah Hollis adds to the Sunday Triple M NRL team? Vonny and Lara Pitt deserve their respective gigs on merit.

blaza88z

Coach
Token women in the rugby league media all of a sudden. Can someone please explain what Hannah Hollis adds to the Sunday Triple M NRL team? Vonny and Lara Pitt deserve their respective gigs on merit.

Hollis is the worst, if she wasn't of aboriginal descent she wouldn't have a job. On "League Life" last week, Gus was the guest, the other 3 women asked all the questions, she didn't say a single thing, besides.. she's got a head like the bottom of my foot.

The_Shield

Juniors
No doubt both infringements deserved punishment, but to put something that was 5 years previous on a level with active efforts at the time is pretty weird.
I never said that the Sharks cheating resulted in their premiership win last year. I just want them punished the same as all other drug cheats

blaza88z

Coach
I never said that the Sharks cheating resulted in their premiership win last year. I just want them punished the same as all other drug cheats

Yet, you don't want Melbourne punished for their systematic cheating which directly led to winning 2 premierships, you want them given back.

If you're not trolling, that will do me.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'm not the one who compared it to Melbournes cheating, that was you. And fine you want a similar incident, how about Jarrod Mullen or Sandor Earl
Ahh... No mate, I think you raised the two incidents first in this post:

Ok I've got a couple.
1. Melbourne should be recognised winners of the 2007 and 2009 grand finals.
2. Vossy is a terrible commentator
3. Paul Gallen and the rest of the drug cheats should of been banned for 2 years
4. Introduce a 20/40 rule to go along with the 40/20

And compared the two again, right here:

What's worse? Getting paid a bit more or injecting players with performance enhancing drugs

If you're arguing for consistency in rulings (which I'd agree with), it's not unfair that I ask you have consistency in your argument.

Actually, at the time of the Storm salary cap problem, I held the idea that the club should be forced to start from scratch in terms of players - all contracts should have been torn up by the NRL and the players put on the open market for next season.

That's a penalty that would surely act as a complete deterrent for any club in future.

The_Shield

Juniors
Yet, you don't want Melbourne punished for their systematic cheating which directly led to winning 2 premierships, you want them given back.

If you're not trolling, that will do me.
Yeah cause their stripping of the titles was the only punishment they received. Even if you leave out the stripping of the titles, the punishment they received was unparalleled

blaza88z

Coach
Yeah cause their stripping of the titles was the only punishment they received. Even if you leave out the stripping of the titles, the punishment they received was unparalleled

They were blatantly cheating, they had to be made an example of, they should have been made to completely re-assemble a new squad instead of being allowed to keep the likes of Smith, Slater and Cronk.

They're still benefiting from their systematic cheating, it's ridiculous.

Latest posts