What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

The_Shield

Juniors
Ahh... No mate, I think you raised the two incidents first in this post:

And compared the two again, right here:

If you're arguing for consistency in rulings (which I'd agree with), it's not unfair that I ask you have consistency in your argument.

Actually, at the time of the Storm salary cap problem, I held the idea that the club should be forced to start from scratch in terms of players - all contracts should have been torn up by the NRL and the players put on the open market for next season.

That's a penalty that would surely act as a complete deterrent for any club in future.
This thread is about unpopular opinions, I gave mine. I did not compare the two until you did

T.S Quint

Coach
Ahh... No mate, I think you raised the two incidents first in this post:

And compared the two again, right here:

If you're arguing for consistency in rulings (which I'd agree with), it's not unfair that I ask you have consistency in your argument.

Actually, at the time of the Storm salary cap problem, I held the idea that the club should be forced to start from scratch in terms of players - all contracts should have been torn up by the NRL and the players put on the open market for next season.

That's a penalty that would surely act as a complete deterrent for any club in future.

I would assume the players would just sign back with the current club for less money in that instance. Pretty much like the Bulldogs players did after 2002.
You might get one or two player maybe move somewhere else, but I reckon most players would re-sign as a f**k you to the NRL and stick solid with their teammates.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
This thread is about unpopular opinions, I gave mine. I did not compare the two until you did

False. Post #38 in this thread was where you mentioned the Storm and the Sharks. I'd not mentioned it until you made the comparison. My post that came before yours had no mention of it, (referring to Brisbane...)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I would assume the players would just sign back with the current club for less money in that instance. Pretty much like the Bulldogs players did after 2002.
You might get one or two player maybe move somewhere else, but I reckon most players would re-sign as a f**k you to the NRL and stick solid with their teammates.
The NRL should make it clear that it will not recognise the contracts. A legal minefield, but a very clear message that scams like that will not be tolerated.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
We are great at cannibalizing ourselves. Though, we seem to be beginning to drag the AFL down with us in that regard so maybe that can count as a success.

The NRL should call the players bluff on striking etc. Will be funny to see them cry poor about money that is double, triple + the average wage of Australians.

Will also be funny to see them f**k themselves over long term - no product no game, no game no money.

The_Shield

Juniors
False. Post #38 in this thread was where you mentioned the Storm and the Sharks. I'd not mentioned it until you made the comparison. My post that came before yours had no mention of it, (referring to Brisbane...)
I was not comparing the two at all. I just mentioned the two in my list of unpopular opinions. Then you compared them by saying
Demanding cheats from Melbourne be recognised but demanding that cheats from Cronulla are not?

Nah

magpie_man

Juniors
The NRL/ARLC should buy-out the ARU and administrate three national Rugby premierships: RugbyXV, RugbyXIII, and RugbyVII

T.S Quint

Coach
The NRL should make it clear that it will not recognise the contracts. A legal minefield, but a very clear message that scams like that will not be tolerated.

You're not wrong about it being a legal minefield.
Are you allowed to sign any players back? Which ones are you allowed to sign back? How much do you have to sign them for? Can you sign players from other teams?

I'm all for harsh punishments (except when my club is caught doing it), but it seems like a logistical nightmare.

I don't think you've thought this through. How are you ever going to be NRL CEO is this is the best you can come up with!

RazorRam0n

Juniors
We are great at cannibalizing ourselves. Though, we seem to be beginning to drag the AFL down with us in that regard so maybe that can count as a success.

The NRL should call the players bluff on striking etc. Will be funny to see them cry poor about money that is double, triple + the average wage of Australians.

Will also be funny to see them f**k themselves over long term - no product no game, no game no money.

Hey YO ;)

Brutus

Referee
Bring back John Gibbs, Jimmy Smith and Andrew Voss on the Sunday Ticket on Fox.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I was not comparing the two at all. I just mentioned the two in my list of unpopular opinions. Then you compared them by saying
giphy.gif

siv

First Grade
- Video referees will improve the game
- SOO is RLs most valuable product
- We will have more to spend on grassroots football under the new tv deal
- LC grants are not FC revenue
- NRL should run grassroots football
- NRL clubs should not have RG or U23s
- U16 and U18 is better than the old U15/U17/U19/U21/U23 system for developing and keeping players involved in the game
- NRL can't afford expansion
- SOO will never work on weekends

Latest posts