What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

The Damo

Juniors
Yep the best coaches definitely rest players more, for example
Bennett - Alex Glenn 18 games, Matt gillet 16 games plus origin, josh Maguire 16 games plus origin
Flanagan - wade graham 16 games plus origin, Luke Lewis 16 games, Gallen 18 games
Hasler - josh Jackson 16 games plus origin, klemmer - 15 games plus origin (missed round 7 so not rested around origin) Adam Elliot 18 games
Arthur - Manu ma'u - 17 games, Moeroa - 15 games, Nathan brown - 17 games
Macguire - Sam burgess - 17 games, second rowers have been shuffled due to injury, form
Green - taumololo 16 games (missed round 3-4), cooper 17 games, Lowe 18 games
Bellamy - kaufusi 18 games, finucane 18 games
McGregor - Tyson 16 games plus origin, Thompson 17 games, Jack 17 games

Oh so actually it's standard to play your best players as many games as they can.

I genuinely enjoy your posts OT, and the banter. But at some point it's worth considering that maybe opinions need to change if they don't gel with the facts.
I wish we'd won those games too, and that we'd be in position to rest players. But for instance Bellamy has named Cameron Smith this week, he may not play still. But there's no team in a better position to rest players, and if he can he will play a guy who it was suspected might miss 3-6 weeks.

Belta

Juniors
Opinions are like a..holes, everyone's got one. So here's mine. Different teams have depth in different positions. For mine the Dragons struggle when Frizz and Packer are not firing. Players like, host, Lawrie, Sele can get the job done against Newcastle...Id rest Frizz and Packer...it's a gamble I know, not saying Newcastle and even Souths are easy but we should get the job done if we r a fair dinkum chance of doing well in the finals...

Just my a..hole oh sorry opinion

Drag Queen

Bench
They look flat because Head hasn't got a clue how to motivate them.

His tactics are poor and the word going around is he will probably be let go at the end of the year.

Its been a tough year with so many good players being unavailable.
Tough alright. He got the NYC guys to the semis. Beyond that I can't see his value.

Leilua is lazy that is a fact.

It showed on the weekend he didn't get involved enough and looked disinterested.

To be out played by Marketo is rather sad.

Mate in all honesty if we had 17 blokes who turned up each week with Marketos attitude we'd be well up there.
While the bloke isn't a first grade footballer I can't fault his drive and effort for our club

possm

Coach
Dufty
Macdonald
Dugan
Lafai
Widdop
Mann
LAM
McInnes
Vaughan
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Packer
Host
Sims
Laurie

Alec's-saints

Juniors
knights are so close to winning, hopefully it's not this weekend. if we're serious about playing finals footy we should put this rabble of a team away, us by 14

Old Timer

Coach
Yep the best coaches definitely rest players more, for example
Bennett - Alex Glenn 18 games, Matt gillet 16 games plus origin, josh Maguire 16 games plus origin
Flanagan - wade graham 16 games plus origin, Luke Lewis 16 games, Gallen 18 games
Hasler - josh Jackson 16 games plus origin, klemmer - 15 games plus origin (missed round 7 so not rested around origin) Adam Elliot 18 games
Arthur - Manu ma'u - 17 games, Moeroa - 15 games, Nathan brown - 17 games
Macguire - Sam burgess - 17 games, second rowers have been shuffled due to injury, form
Green - taumololo 16 games (missed round 3-4), cooper 17 games, Lowe 18 games
Bellamy - kaufusi 18 games, finucane 18 games
McGregor - Tyson 16 games plus origin, Thompson 17 games, Jack 17 games

Oh so actually it's standard to play your best players as many games as they can.

I genuinely enjoy your posts OT, and the banter. But at some point it's worth considering that maybe opinions need to change if they don't gel with the facts.
I wish we'd won those games too, and that we'd be in position to rest players. But for instance Bellamy has named Cameron Smith this week, he may not play still. But there's no team in a better position to rest players, and if he can he will play a guy who it was suspected might miss 3-6 weeks.
I haven't had a chance to search the papers yet but during SOO there was a good article re Frizz's injuries and his pain threshold hopefully I can find it for you.
I never underestimate what the cost of injuries are to a team or a player.
Some injuries you can play on with under sufferance but IMHO it is always far better if you can shake them off altogether rather than having them potentially impact at the business end of the season.
If we were to lose Frizz and / or Packer now and for an extend period that would severely impact and limit our chances and that's why my preference would be to have rested them to get over injuries whilst we had an opportunity to do so which is the very essence of the point I am trying to make.
I know they can play on with them but I also know that if left till later it can well and truly bight you on the arse at the least opportune time.
The chance to rest them is somewhat passed which is why I am annoyed and now we don't have much other option but to play them and thus run a greater risk of losing them.

I haven't had a chance to search the papers yet but during SOO there was a good article re Frizz's injuries and his pain threshold hopefully I can find it for you.
Some injuries you can play on with under sufferance but IMHO it is always far better if you can shake them off altogether rather than having them potentially impact at the business end of the season.
If we were to lose Frizz and / or Packer now and for an extend period that would severely impact and limit our chances and that's why my preference would be to have rested them to get over injuries whilst we had an opportunity to do so which is the very essence of the point I am trying to make.
I know they can play on with them but I also know that if left till later it can well and truly bight you on the arse at the least opportune time.
The chance to rest them is somewhat passed which is why I am annoyed and now we don't have much other option but to play them and thus run a greater risk of losing them.

I'd give Frizzell the week off for the Knights game, if we can't beat them without Frizz we don't deserve to play finals.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I wouldn't be resting anyone against the knights in Rd 21, actually I wouldn't be looking at resting any players until R24 or R25 potentially. Regardless if you're sitting comfortably in finals contention or not.

The team has come off two byes and out of a slump, just starting to gel again, they need time together to re-informed that.

Someone suggested resting Widdop - but he had how many weeks off through injury plus the byes, he's rediscovering his early season form, don't rest him but rather let him get that consistency back!

Brutalitops

Juniors
I wouldn't be resting anyone against the knights in Rd 21, actually I wouldn't be looking at resting any players until R24 or R25 potentially. Regardless if you're sitting comfortably in finals contention or not.

The team has come off two byes and out of a slump, just starting to gel again, they need time together to re-informed that.

Someone suggested resting Widdop - but he had how many weeks off through injury plus the byes, he's rediscovering his early season form, don't rest him but rather let him get that consistency back!
Widdop would be insane to sit out anyway, he's almost leading the Dally M race and now that Smith got injured it's entirely possible.

Life's Good

Coach
Complacency cost us against the Dogs, Eels & Titans and almost against the Tigers & Knights. This game is a bigger test for Mary than Dufty or any of the other players. He simply needs to have them singularly focused on a good start with minimal fade otherwise we lose. We have the talent, he needs to manage it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This for me is a danger game for sure . Home ground for them , they are due for a win , this game and the next 2 games are games we should be wining no excuses .....
Yes and we cant let them put 5 tries on us in 14mins like last time ......even last week Manly put 4 on us in 12mins......thats 9 tries in 26mins......a try every 3 mins is not acceptable ...if we dont eradicate this problem out of our game other teams will lift even if we are comfortably ahead of them knowing we fold badly at certain periods in the game

The Damo

Juniors
I agree with all of that, I just haven't seen anything specifically to say that Frizz or Packer are carrying those types of injuries. Rib cartilage tears hurt like a bastard, (when I did one as a teenager I didn't want to blink to hard) but if you can grit your way through they don't get worse playing with them. Same with the hip pointer that Packer got.

SBD82

Coach
I agree with all of that, I just haven't seen anything specifically to say that Frizz or Packer are carrying those types of injuries. Rib cartilage tears hurt like a bastard, (when I did one as a teenager I didn't want to blink to hard) but if you can grit your way through they don't get worse playing with them. Same with the hip pointer that Packer got.
I've done rib cartilage too.

Rest doesn't do anything for the recovery. It just f**king hurts until it heals.

Biggest issue is whether the pain makes you lose focus. If Tyson can maintain focus, or if he is better than the next option even when he doesn't have 100% focus, then there is zero value resting him.

But I wouldn't bother beating your head against a wall mate. Not many on here can admit when they're wrong (me included) and OT is more stubborn than most.

Latest posts