What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla to Perth

Rife

Juniors
Hey, what happened to the Cronulla to Perth relocation idea?
After Friday night's performance the NRL are again looking into this.

Rumour is the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks to merge with the Gold Coast Titans.

Will be renamed the Perth Titans.

6 games in Perth.

6 games in Gold Coast.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

6 games in Perth.

6 games in Gold Coast.
15F1882E-DAFA-416C-BD98-50AF5E820768.gif

Generalzod

Immortal

6 games in Perth.

6 games in Gold Coast.
Head-Out-of-Ass.jpg

ed-grimley

Bench
If there was ever going to be another team in Perth surely it would have happened by now - at least there'd be talk.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
If there was ever going to be another team in Perth surely it would have happened by now - at least there'd be talk.

It will happen, that's why the game is investing there. It's the clubs blocking it at the moment because they wanted the grant increased which they got. It may take a few years but it will happen.

When the ARL introduced the Western Reds in 1995 they lay the first seed in 1989 by playing a Panasonic Cup game then a premiership game and going back every year until the Reds were admitted.

davi

Juniors
The thing is we can joke about it but it may become a realty from reports. My preference if the Sharks do move to Perth that Perth get the license but that's it. I really think Perth shouldn't be forced into taking logos, teams colours, or even players contracts because their taking over the license. Players contracts may have to be part of the deal though. It would have its plus and minus because starting a competitive franchise from the get go is tough. Sharks current players would be able to provide a competitive team, but in some ways it also feels like the team would be the Perth Sharks without Perth being able to put it's own signature on the team. Some Sharks players wouldn't agree to the move either and they would be free to look else where. If the Sharks do go belly up it solves the problem from the NRL of either forcing a Sydney team out of the comp or forcing another merger to make room for expansion.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ine-shane-flanagan/13l68928t50fp19rbm7vv6lwjw

Lmfao

Seriously some dopey merkins in the media carry on with this rubbish and suddenly it’s all fact.

One lot says this crap then let’s the cat out of the bag that the Sharks are likely to receive their next development payment of $8m in the coming days. Well WTF? Why say all that other bullshit?

The $8m is only the second payment and over tfe next few years it is expected to be much more.

Then the club will also receive approx $1m a year from the retail development.

These idiots need to do research instead of scare mongering

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Moving the Sharks to Brisbane is exactly the sort of brain dead, self destructive move that I would expect to see from this administration, which is why nobody should rule it out as fantasy.

Yes, blow the golden opportunity to fully take advantage of the Brisbane market by moving the morally and financially bankrupt club that Paul **** Gallen has captained for years to QLD's capital city. That would be one way to bring those League fans in Brisbane disaffected by the BRL saga and SL War back into the Broncos fold.

At least in Perth, there is a bit more distance between the Sharks and their disastrous past in terms of public perception. Personally I'd be boarding the place up and putting it to torch, but if the Sharks brand absolutely must survive, Perth is its best chance.

King hit

Coach
Moving the Sharks to Brisbane is exactly the sort of brain dead, self destructive move that I would expect to see from this administration, which is why nobody should rule it out as fantasy.

Yes, blow the golden opportunity to fully take advantage of the Brisbane market by moving the morally and financially bankrupt club that Paul **** Gallen has captained for years to QLD's capital city. That would be one way to bring those League fans in Brisbane disaffected by the BRL saga and SL War back into the Broncos fold.

At least in Perth, there is a bit more distance between the Sharks and their disastrous past in terms of public perception. Personally I'd be boarding the place up and putting it to torch, but if the Sharks brand absolutely must survive, Perth is its best chance.

86C9A048-52FC-4279-BAD1-BB7D0A54A327.jpeg

Chin Music

Juniors
Moving Manly to Perf would make a lot more sense. They’ve easily got the worst facilities out of all the clubs, plus I don’t like silver tails.

Rhyno

First Grade
It’d be better just to let Cronulla fold and start up a new franchise that the fans can get behind

Latest posts