What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game.

slippery5

Juniors
So, we are around 30 mins from seeing, most probably, the biggest decision in McGregors coaching career.
The only decision he was willing to consider was, who will replace Vaughn, his post match comments "we just need to build on our 2nd half performance" confirmed he was confident in the players out there. Why anyone thought any different has learnt nothing about this clown.

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Same crap different day. I wonder what eloquent excuses he will come up with at the press conference. Hate to be a pessimist but Parramatta will win this.
How does Parra, last on 16th (-124) even have a chance against us on 4th (+101)? How?
FMD people.
Arthur will be next coach sacked after we flog them on Saturday night.
Roosters and Bunnies will belt each other on Friday night (Souffs to win ugly), Scumulla will beat Storm, Panfers will lose to GC with their new coach.
Yes we’ll still be in 4th, but equal 2nd on 30 points with Roosters and Storm by Sunday night.....looking forward to another dominant game against Tigers after they get flogged by Canberra on Sunday arvo.
All will be well in footy world.

Life's Good

Coach
How does Parra, last on 16th (-124) even have a chance against us on 4th (+101)? How?
FMD people.
Arthur will be next coach sacked after we flog them on Saturday night.
Roosters and Bunnies will belt each other on Friday night (Souffs to win ugly), Scumulla will beat Storm, Panfers will lose to GC with their new coach.
Yes we’ll still be in 4th, but equal 2nd on 30 points with Roosters and Storm by Sunday night.....looking forward to another dominant game against Tigers after they get flogged by Canberra on Sunday arvo.
All will be well in footy world.
I’ll have what your having my friend.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Others have said it - the Dragons jump out of the blocks and take all before them , then the media gets in on the action declaring that they are premiership material and as the season wears on the foot is taken off the gas pedal , or should I say there is simply no more gas left in the tank . The whole shat-heap stutters and wobbles before finally coming to a halt with the end in sight - again , so near yet so far , again .

When is the coach ever going to realize that it is a long , long season and you need to fire your players up for each and every match . What a waste of a year , what a waste of talent that under a decent coach could had done so much better .

Not just fire up the team- also know when to rest key players as Bellamy and Robinson did around Origin time- partially, it reflects our lack of depth and Mary's lack of faith in his ISP players but Mary keeps playing the same team whether they are busted or not, whether they are playing well or not- as Kenny Rogers said ÿou''ve got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them". I'd be folding a couple of these Dragons particularly De Belin, Graham and Aitken who look tired and/or injured to me.

Bench
McIdiot at his best, lost four out of five and nothing changed, so it will be the same old plan, barge barge bash kick and hope for the best.
Does he even think that teams have worked out our game plan and our weakness.
It’s becoming an embarrassment to us fans. He has no idea, no plan. But he has the team he always wanted. Pity the players don’t have the coach they want.

blacksafake

First Grade
This is a joke, isn’t it :flushed:
Hayne etc will all be lining up to go down our right edge. Thank f**k Radrada isn’t still playing for them he’d score 6 on his own.

If Host is ready I would drop Mann and play the extra forward.

Alternatively Mann to wing or centre and drop any of Flo, Aitken or Lafai.

Not feeling to fussy at present.

It is time to shuffle the deck, we need to pull some aces out of our rectum

Crossbow

Juniors
Have you ever seen a Flying Fortress on fire in ww2.Thats us with Mary as the pilot.Fmd people I hope they have parachuts.This is my only nrl game I go to for the year.Should I take a sack Mary sign to the game?

blacksafake

First Grade
Have you ever seen a Flying Fortress on fire in ww2.Thats us with Mary as the pilot.Fmd people I hope they have parachuts.This is my only nrl game I go to for the year.Should I take a sack Mary sign to the game?
I’m answer to your question :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well what can you say about the team list today!

Either McGregor is hell bent on trying to prove that his selections are the right ones at any cost, or he's already heard about the alleged search for a coach for next year and couldn't give a toss and going through the motions.

Just need to look at the reserves for this game:
Host - who was supposed to be out until round 25
Nene - who McGregor stated would be at least another week away
Sele - What position could he possibly field in the 17 barring a late injury
Lomax - The only real chance of pushing his way in.

So obviously the named 1-17 will go round on Saturday with the only exception of the forced replacement for Vaughan.

Building on the 2nd half of last weeks game well FMD we scored two opportunist try's. One from dummy half and the other a fortuitous ricochet, both try's scored in the 10 mins after half time. What happened to the other 30 mins? building? building what, we had them on the ropes and should have scored at least 2 maybe three more but we digressed to crabbing and one out play again. Yeah that's building.

Part of me hopes we do click and put 50 on the very poor Eels, but the other part hopes we get done just so it brings us closer to the end of this nightmare.

FlameThrower

Bench
I’ve tried to defend McGregor & give him benefit of the doubt but seriously he has painted himself into a black corner. He blew his chances to rest SOO and Rep players. So now can’t rest them and is hoping we just click into gear! We look busted and directionless.
His stubbornness and lack of faith to blood our juniors is a massive red mark against him. Not confident we can beat a resurgent Parra who have nothing to lose and desperate to avoid the spoon.