What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

Billythekid

First Grade
I think the stadium thing should be situational. You should never be forced to play somewhere that isn't your local city. Namely places like Canberra, Newcastle, cowboys and Titans should all be allowed to play at their home ground for all finals.

Also I think stadiums like Aami park and WSS should be allowed for all finals matches. 30K is a more than adequate capacity for any final bar the GF.

This basically all came about because of pissing and moaning about big Sydney derbies being played in stadiums with too low of a capacity. If the local Sydney stadiums had the sort of capacity Melbourne, GC, Newcastle etc had this wouldn't be an issue. The furore starts because the media and the NRL don't want a match like tigers v dragons held at somewhere like Leichhardt.

Me personally I think week 1 should be any home ground. After that I'm pretty fine with grounds that hold 20K+ but would prefer 30K.

Having said all that within the next 10 years Sydney will have WSS, a brand new Allianz and a revamped ANZ. I don't think it's unfair to suggest most finals games should be played there.

MilkShark

First Grade
Having said all that within the next 10 years Sydney will have WSS, a brand new Allianz and a revamped ANZ. I don't think it's unfair to suggest most finals games should be played there.
Alot people won’t travel. I’m one of them, it’s too hard to get around Sydney CBD

Danish

Referee
Fri Roosters Vs Sharks SFS
Sat Storm Vs Rabbitohs AAMI
Sat Dragons Vs Broncos ANZ
Sun Panthers Vs Warriors SFS

No way they’ll make sharks play on a 5 day turnaround, surely?

Should be:

Fri- storm vs Souths
Sat- dragons vs broncos, panthers vs warriors
Sun- roosters vs sharks

Everyone gets at least 6 days rest then.

If they need to swap things around for scheduling’s sake with the rugby, then shove Brisbane vs dragons on Friday and push the storm Souths game back to Saturday.

Top 4 aides should get preference in the draw for next week

Marlins

Juniors
No way they’ll make sharks play on a 5 day turnaround, surely?

Should be:

Fri- storm vs Souths
Sat- dragons vs broncos, panthers vs warriors
Sun- roosters vs sharks

Everyone gets at least 6 days rest then.

If they need to swap things around for scheduling’s sake with the rugby, then shove Brisbane vs dragons on Friday and push the storm Souths game back to Saturday.

Top 4 aides should get preference in the draw for next week
Yeah I didn’t see that. It’ll have to be Storm or panthers hosting the Friday night game

Diesel

Referee
Yeah I didn’t see that. It’ll have to be Storm or panthers hosting the Friday night game
Panthers v Dragons Friday
Storm v Bunnies & Roosters v Sharks Saturday as Suncorp is unavailable Sat
Broncos v Warriors Sunday