What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Blunder

Chappells

Juniors
I read with interest that the NRL sent out an email detailing games times of Souths V's Brisbane.

Below is an excerpt of Phil Gould on 100% footy.

NRL legend Phil Gould has stated that the Sydney Roosters will struggle to win a preliminary final without a suspended Latrell Mitchell.

Mitchell was handed a one-match ban for his crusher tackle on Sharks’ star Josh Dugan in the Roosters’ qualifying final win, which would see him miss the Roosters’ clash against either the Rabbitohs or the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Gould highlighted Mitchell’s importance to the side and why they might struggle in his absence.

“I don’t think the Roosters can beat the Rabbitohs without Latrell Mitchell,” Gould said.

“I think that Latrell Mitchell is a huge loss for that team, a massive loss.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Very quickly the media commentators started the line that "it would be tragic for the game" if Mitchell missed the finals. I think it is criminal that he got such a low grading and of course Dugan caused it all by pushing back into the tackle. Dugan apparently crushed himself and Mitchell was the victim here. Yeah sure. Chambers must be livid.

Very quickly the media commentators started the line that "it would be tragic for the game" if Mitchell missed the finals. I think it is criminal that he got such a low grading and of course Dugan caused it all by pushing back into the tackle. Dugan apparently crushed himself and Mitchell was the victim here. Yeah sure. Chambers must be livid.

Mitchell is starting to believe his own press.
Just little things during games, like he’s always having a shot at the marker that just tackled him these days, he’s getting a bit arrogant.
The tackle on Dugan was at least as bad as Chambers.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I've derailed this thread, sorry Chappy.:oops:

South's are on the other side of the draw.

East's play either Sharks or Penrith this week, can only play South's in the big one, funny Gus.

Lol.

Yep that’s right, keep righting us off coz that’s when we play our best.

We fell off a cliff when Bellamy very astutely called us the benchmark.

Feel much better now we’re $19 to win the comp. All the pressure is off now.
You know my record for predictions.
I need a market framed on them to loose, if I could bet good money on that the premiership is ours.

Drag Queen

Bench
Just little things during games, like he’s always having a shot at the marker that just tackled him these days, he’s getting a bit arrogant.
I thought the Chambers one on Hayne looked worse tbh but the intent by Mitchell is evident. I was worried he'd get away with it so I'm happy that's not the case.

Dragsters

First Grade
I read with interest that the NRL sent out an email detailing games times of Souths V's Brisbane.

Below is an excerpt of Phil Gould on 100% footy.

NRL legend Phil Gould has stated that the Sydney Roosters will struggle to win a preliminary final without a suspended Latrell Mitchell.

Mitchell was handed a one-match ban for his crusher tackle on Sharks’ star Josh Dugan in the Roosters’ qualifying final win, which would see him miss the Roosters’ clash against either the Rabbitohs or the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Gould highlighted Mitchell’s importance to the side and why they might struggle in his absence.

“I don’t think the Roosters can beat the Rabbitohs without Latrell Mitchell,” Gould said.

“I think that Latrell Mitchell is a huge loss for that team, a massive loss.

Add to that sportsdebt leaving us completely off the premiership market on the footy show on Sunday.

I hope this shite keeps happening and we keep proving them wrong...

He reminds me a lot of Inglis , both grubby players ......
I did notice him employ a new tactic the other night as well.
When coming out of his own end he deliberately walked off the mark, the refs stopped play and made him go back, it allowed half the Roosters to get back onside for the next play.
Be interesting to see who else employs this one during the finals.

Maxwell

Juniors
Totally agree , he should think himself lucky , I think should have got 2 weeks.

dannyt

Coach
I've derailed this thread, sorry Chappy.:oops:

South's are on the other side of the draw.

East's play either Sharks or Penrith this week, can only play South's in the big one, funny Gus.

As others have said, this isn't right.

The winners of this week will play either roosters or storm.

Souths have already played the storm, so cannot meet them until the GF, meaning the winner of us v rabbits play the roosters.

j0nesy

Bench
I think he’s always played like that. He’s a very niggling and cynical player. Has some real grub in him a bit like slater.

Chappells

Juniors
As others have said, this isn't right.

The winners of this week will play either roosters or storm.

Souths have already played the storm, so cannot meet them until the GF, meaning the winner of us v rabbits play the roosters.

The point I was making, Gus is already assuming that Souths will beat the Dragons