What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope we enjoy better fortune on the injury front.
I hope we play a good brand of attacking footy.
I hope we win the majority of our games at Penrith Stadium.
I hope we finish top four and progress further in the Semi Finals than we have in the past three seasons.

If we achieve the above I will be happy, anything more will be a bonus.

Black Magik

Juniors
predictions for next year
1. we will win the lot
2. A statue to Gus Gould will be built at the ground
3..i will again as every year have a hot dog chips bourbon or 2 at the game
Point 3 has me jealous.

I remember when all three grades were playing we’d get there at gates opening (10:30am) get our seats in the eastern concourse half way and then wait for the food shutters to open. Luke warm pie and chips first up. Hot dog and chips after reserves.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched the 2019 Pre Season Day 1 video on the official club website. If that doesn't send a shiver down you spine nothing will. Bring it on I say.

PS I was skeptical about the whether the return of Ivan Cleary was the right decision going forward, but seeing him back in our colours, talking to the boys I don't know, I am happy to run with it and get behind him 100%

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just watched the 2019 Pre Season Day 1 video on the official club website. If that doesn't send a shiver down you spine nothing will. Bring it on I say.

PS I was skeptical about the whether the return of Ivan Cleary was the right decision going forward, but seeing him back in our colours, talking to the boys I don't know, I am happy to run with it and get behind him 100%

I have a real good feeling about Cleary comming home. To me it seems like a great fit.

The video team at Panthers (i believe) lead the way within the NRL of videos for us fans.

I don't think I've seen a wider smile from Ivan either. He looks so happy to be back home. I hope that Gus came running out to greet him with a lovely coat, and a feast was put on with Ivan being the main attraction too. (side note to MWZ and TG)

I know I quoting a bible story here, but it kinds fits. :D

Kilkenny

Coach
I have a real good feeling about Cleary comming home. To me it seems like a great fit.

The video team at Panthers (i believe) lead the way within the NRL of videos for us fans.

I don't think I've seen a wider smile from Ivan either. He looks so happy to be back home. I hope that Gus came running out to greet him with a lovely coat, and a feast was put on with Ivan being the main attraction too. (side note to MWZ and TG)

I know I quoting a bible story here, but it kinds fits. :D

I agree Alice. Let's just take the positive out of a negative.

If the whole returning to Ivan thing doesn't work out then the anti Phil Gould lobby group can probably bathe in there glory.

mxlegend99

Referee
I agree Alice. Let's just take the positive out of a negative.

If the whole returning to Ivan thing doesn't work out then the anti Phil Gould lobby group can probably bathe in there glory.
The problem is Phil Gould was not involved in bringing him back.

Gould fought to keep Hook until the off-seasonnand the dopey merkin blames him entirely for it when the board made it happen.

Likewise the public blame Gus for forcing Ivsn to break a contract when Ivan isn't eveb the coach Gus would have picked.

Trying to work out where he stood in his relationship with Panthers supremo Phil Gould was one thing gnawing at Ivan Cleary as he considered returning to Penrith
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/...nthers-success-after-mending-phil-gould-rift/

The opening line of the article... Gus was barely involved if at all. Im sure after Hook he's happy for Ivan back. But he certainly didnt drive it to happen.