What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gallen is the king of all Hogs, he even did it at Origin level. Browny does stifle the attack at times if you can call it attack. Brown missed plenty of games last season and we still took more settlers in the 20m zone than any team in the history of RL.
Maybe it’s because we never look settled.

IFR33K

Coach
Is that Brown's fault that??? Surely the halves and coach should be more repsonsible???

No team in the game takes more settlers in the opposition 20m than us.

The point is gallon is considered one of the biggest hogs, yet eels fans highly rate brown, when he is just a poor mans gallon.

Glenneel

Bench
Unsure.

We have Jnr. How long before Kafusi and Stefano are ready? We then have Alvaro.
Jnr,kafusi,stefanno,burgess may mean no room for mobile guys.

If these 2 jnrs are 3yrs away before consistent NRL then go for it. But I feel like 2020 and both will be regulars.

I saw Stefano up close. What a specimen. Photos do not do justice how big this kid is. One of biggest players I ever seen and only 18.
George is anything but a slug, can motor when he wants. Talking about big humans, went to Titans training yesterday and Shannon Boyd was doing laps near me, in rehab at moment, he is a big human. Another much bigger than I thought was Ryan James, big and tall, also in rehab. Seems unlikely to be fit opening games of season as struggling to walk.

Glenneel

Bench
400k 1 year vs 400k then 2 x 700k. What a dead set dope.
Souths would be paying more than $400k to the Burgess boys, or if they are because its a long contract coming to its end, they'd be paying much more in 2020 to keep him. And $700k for a world class prop is not that much.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
Not So sure, the salary cap in Super League Is I think £1.9 million, don't think they would pay him a significant portion, that's why we are seeing a number of them coming here, and even living in Canberra.
I thought they went there for a similar climate.

Glenneel

Bench
Brown’s numbers always look good, but I’m of the opinion he’s stifling the attack somewhat. He’s a sure thing for a fourth tackle hit up within the opposition 20, when we should be looking to attack elsewhere.
Maybe BAs tactic?

Glenneel

Bench
Yes we have them in Alvaro and Terepo along with Brown. Mannah most likely is in our top 17 but I think Kafusi may take his spot.
I personally prefer Gower over Mannah.
BA will pick Mannah over Kaufusi, guaranteed. I'd prefer Kaufusi, bigger body, and needs the experience. Likely to break a tackle, Mannah less likely.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The point is gallon is considered one of the biggest hogs, yet eels fans highly rate brown, when he is just a poor mans gallon.
And once again is it entirely the fault of a forward looking for more work or the hooker, halves and coach???

In the trial game on Friday night Alvaro got tackled a lot in the red zone and a few times late in the tackle count. Is he selfish as well???

And once again is it entirely the fault of a forward looking for more work or the hooker, halves and coach???

In the trial game on Friday night Alvaro got tackled a lot in the red zone and a few times late in the tackle count. Is he selfish as well???
thats just poor coaching IMO and we did that all last year ran forwards on tackle 4 it's dumb.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
thats just poor coaching IMO and we did that all last year ran forwards on tackle 4 it's dumb.
Yep, so you just can’t blame Brown or Alvaro.

Friday night looked like more of the same, pretty disappointing If that’s the best they can come up with after a full of season.

Latest posts