What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Trials

SBD82

Coach
Dont go to JJ's anymore as had some bad reports their recently. Bad news travels fast around town.
The rest are good.
Really? That sucks. I ate there about 3 months ago and they were good.

I'll probably give them another crack but @Crush don't risk it. Manjits is an institution if you're keen on Indian.

@Crush theres also harbourfront and the lagoon if you're keen on seafood. Pricey but good. They're both a fair walk from WIN (lagoon is further) but it's along the coast and on a good day it's beautiful.

BLM01

First Grade
Really? That sucks. I ate there about 3 months ago and they were good.

I'll probably give them another crack but @Crush don't risk it. Manjits is an institution if you're keen on Indian.

@Crush theres also harbourfront and the lagoon if you're keen on seafood. Pricey but good. They're both a fair walk from WIN (lagoon is further) but it's along the coast and on a good day it's beautiful.
I know re JJ's..it was not my experience but a few different people have told me very recently about the day after. But if u like good Indian good food and are on a budget although does not appear much as far as setting, wait staff etc is The Mango Tree cafe upstairs right near and opposite Northbeach. Top location and food is worth the visit for the price

Crush

Coach
I know re JJ's..it was not my experience but a few different people have told me very recently about the day after. But if u like good Indian good food and are on a budget although does not appear much as far as setting, wait staff etc is The Mango Tree cafe upstairs right near and opposite Northbeach. Top location and food is worth the visit for the price
Thanks for the tips mate!
Hey is there generally parking available in the council car park near the stadium?

SBD82

Coach
Ha. They're literally 2 minutes walk from my house and I always forget that they are there.

Maybe tonight is the night.

BLM01

First Grade
Hey is there generally parking available in the council car park near the stadium?

Crush only if you get their early, and people park there anyway for the beach and other stuff that has nothing to do with football. Very limited parking on game day around rthe stadium
And i expect a few people to be there cause it is just the Dragons playing but weather forecast is not promising.
But the best council car park is the 3-4 level mostly covered car park opposite Aldi on the corner of Stewart & Corrmial Streets (diagonally opposite Jasmine Rice restaurant) on the right just past Maccas if you coming in from the north which I am sure is free after a certain time on Saturday and for the rest of the weekend. Just walk east down Stewart Street takes you straight to the ground few hundred metres.
Or Wollongong golf club pop in for a drink as a visitor then leave your car there for free and walk down Not supposed to do that but game finished 5.30-6 so should be OK
But I am not the best to give yu tips on parking as if I drive I park at my partners work basement security car park or catch a bus or cab as I am only 4 km's from town centre
It is getting worse and worse to park in tthe CBD as stacks of high rise going up....some dont even have allocated basement parking...go figure

possm

Coach
One step at a time and it won't be long until the NRL has SGI playing out of the gong full time. The tanks we get for merging and assisting the NRL after the Super League disaster. I have long had the opinion that there is a conspiracy to completely shift the Drgaons to the gong and share its St George District junior clubs amongst the Canterbury and South Sydney Clubs.

Brutalitops

Juniors
One step at a time and it won't be long until the NRL has SGI playing out of the gong full time. The tanks we get for merging and assisting the NRL after the Super League disaster. I have long had the opinion that there is a conspiracy to completely shift the Drgaons to the gong and share its St George District junior clubs amongst the Canterbury and South Sydney Clubs.
Drawing a really long bow if you're suggesting sabotage of Kogarah pitch to force this move. But then again most conspiracies are long bows

Drag Queen

Bench

The parking in the Gong is diabolical as BLM01 has stated. Leave your car close to where you eat and walk. Meters stop after 1230 pm on the weekend as in most places. I've been lucky in the past by just parking in the McDonalds carpark a couple of blocks away.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My thoughts go out to all those supporters who travelled great distances at their own expense and bought their tickets for a Kogarah experience. You did so in good faith. Here's hoping you get some sort of compensation for your troubles.

I'm booked to go the Mudgee the week after. But I have the feeling the people in Mudgee place a greater value on reputation and Rugby League supporters, and will be better organised.

Crush

Coach
melbourne v warriors ,anybody notice how well HERBERT PLAYED seems mary doesnt know what he has in the cupboard ...........
Just read the review of the game on foxsports news. Not one mention of Herbert. 8 warriors were named as having solid games, Herbert's name wasn't mentioned.
He can't have been that impressive?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Just read the review of the game on foxsports news. Not one mention of Herbert. 8 warriors were named as having solid games, Herbert's name wasn't mentioned.
well you obviously didnt watch the game CRUSH and obviously the critics are all blind, if you watched the game CRUSH i could accept your criticism.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Now fox sports video Scott drink water cut in two by you know who yes Patrick Herbert... . .

True_Believer

Juniors
melbourne v warriors ,anybody notice how well HERBERT PLAYED seems mary doesnt know what he has in the cupboard ...........

Well if he did he must have done it all in the first half. I watched the whole second half and saw 1 good tackle - that was the only time his name got mentioned.

Crush

Coach
Well if he did he must have done it all in the first half. I watched the whole second half and saw 1 good tackle - that was the only time his name got mentioned.
I can't find the 1st half to watch but it looks like he made a good tackle on drinkwater based on the highlights. Nothing else made the highlights.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Did you watch the game Crush? He was good. I'd also like to say that Tyson Frizel's little bro Shannon was excellent in the Super Rugby last night. Wrong code :)

Last edited: