What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
I wouldnt worry about it... we've done it to melbourne many times and the roosters start of last year...both chock full of their big guns...we've had them both bumbling all over the park ...confusion and panic are as contagious as seemingly unwarranted self belief...hence the term upset.
Learn..fix stuff and just move on.

simmo1

First Grade
I cant remember the last game Marsters had a blinder to be honest..
It was probably the game before the media told him he was great .
I was critical of him early last year and I was called a troll :(

Correct. Form noticeably dropped last year around the time he said he wanted to play for the All Blacks.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I cant remember the last game Marsters had a blinder to be honest..
It was probably the game before the media told him he was great .
I was critical of him early last year and I was called a troll :(
And his goal kicking is terrible. The big worry is Mbye - he really needs to fix himself at fullback. The opposing guy on debut outplayed him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Same old shit, play a couple of good games, believe your own hype then stink it up against a team you should beat every week and twice on sundays.

Benji being injured is a god send, he’s terrible and Reynolds has looked good, at least he’ll bring some enthusiasm when everyone else is stuffing around.

Jennings has been poor. If Nofas fit I find a spot for him next week, then Fonua or Momirovski in for Jennings.

The 2 early HIAs messed our bench rotation up which has been the turning point in both games. Not an excuse though as stuff like that will happen, we just have to be better.

The unknown

Juniors
Lol.. our reality checks need a losing streak of 6 games and to miss the finals by 2 points. And we have the hardest off season ever and repeat the same shit the following year.

We just don't have class players to turn games around. Our gameplan revolves around getting all the 1%rs right and playing high completion rate footy

As soon as we go away from that (like today) we get shown up. Not a good enough team to make what was it, 15 handling errors? and win games

Melbourne Roosters and souffs can play off games occassionally.and still scrape home wins. That's why they are at the top

macnaz

Staff member
I've always been a fan of Benji past and present.. but fmd if his hammys are that f**ked he cant play to his ability he needs to hang up the boots or change his f**king training regime!!! He has an arse and legs the size of Olsen Filipaina , might do great stats in the gym but as soon as the merkin runs they are f**ked. Seriously it's another Weststigers trait that everyone gets Injured the same way over and over again!

gordsy

Juniors
Now it's easy to bag the shit of out blokes for one bad game but this is why i'm not totally sold on Brooks. It's easy to look good against the dog shit shit Manly and the Warriors served up but when things aren't going great he reverts to stupid kicks and goes missing. He needs to stand up and create something or at least give a really good showing.. I think Penrith will be desperate for a win next win and we could easily get rissoled.

Any idea how Reynolds went today?
My son saw him yesterday limping around the shops in Taren Point, knee and calf bandaged but if he’s going OK please pick him.

Gamble can kick, playing centre now, perhaps he can get another go in 1st grade??

Tigers Tale

Juniors
After todays effort;

I swear I will never bet on the Tigers again,

I think we will miss the 8 again...please cite this comment with mirth in October if I am proven wrong but I somehow doubt I will be,

Fu#ken smash em this week Madge, they deserve it,

If we only win one more game this year, please be next week, I couldn't bear the Panthers supporters getting on here after the game singing Cleary's praise.

We lack genuine talent across the park...rort the cap for a year or two and maybe win a comp, we ain't going to do it the way we are and at least I'll have the memory of winning a comp like every Melbourne fan does.

Russell Prior

Juniors
I have been going for balmain then the wests tigers since I was a kid and this last loss was the straw that broke the camels back.
I don't mind losing games if the team has a go and loses to a better side or some things don't go our way but I am sick of winning a couple of games then losing to a side that was flogged two weeks in a row.
It is a habit with the tigers. I am totally sick of losing games the way the tigers do with regularity.
Looks like just missing out on the finals will be another successful year for the tigers.
Goodbye tigers.

I have been going for balmain then the wests tigers since I was a kid and this last loss was the straw that broke the camels back.
I don't mind losing games if the team has a go and loses to a better side or some things don't go our way but I am sick of winning a couple of games then losing to a side that was flogged two weeks in a row.
It is a habit with the tigers. I am totally sick of losing games the way the tigers do with regularity.
Looks like just missing out on the finals will be another successful year for the tigers.
Goodbye tigers.

Jog on ya sook.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
f**k that was a tough game to watch.

Our bench and forwards lost all their punch and we were very guilty of overplaying our hand. Brooks seemed to run around like a headless chook when we needed him to be calm. Robbie and Benji were okay and Mbye was very poor.

On another note, how f**king annoying is Marsters goal kicking talent (lack thereof). It’s like he hasn’t ever kicked at training and just picks it up on game day.

We also seem to never be able to make a come back. Unless we start well you can just tell it’s sticks for the rest of the game.

I wouldn’t worry to much - we were off but I know Madge will absolutely anally f**k them all week and we will see a much improved side out at Penrith next week. Looking forward to beating Ivan, Nathan and the rest of that methamphetamine infested cesspit called Penrith.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon our forwards did their job. The problem was Brooks and to a lesser extent Mbye. Marsters also had way too many mistakes even though if he held the ball he was great.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
f**k that was a tough game to watch.

Our bench and forwards lost all their punch and we were very guilty of overplaying our hand. Brooks seemed to run around like a headless chook when we needed him to be calm. Robbie and Benji were okay and Mbye was very poor.

On another note, how f**king annoying is Marsters goal kicking talent (lack thereof). It’s like he hasn’t ever kicked at training and just picks it up on game day.

We also seem to never be able to make a come back. Unless we start well you can just tell it’s sticks for the rest of the game.

I wouldn’t worry to much - we were off but I know Madge will absolutely anally f**k them all week and we will see a much improved side out at Penrith next week. Looking forward to beating Ivan, Nathan and the rest of that methamphetamine infested cesspit called Penrith.
Agree with all that. It will be interesting to see how Madge responds - there are definitely some problems that need rectifying, particularly the goal kicking.

This sucker watched the game again and the forwards did their job but lost their punch, so I guess they didn’t do their job.

I watched the spine and thought perhaps Farah was playing to instructions, that being, let Brooks run the show. Madge forget to tell Brooks that though. Benji, rocks and diamonds, yesterday there was enough rocks to fill a quarry. Mybe, I’d prefer Thompson back there.

Can you have a season defining game so early in the season? I think the game against Penrith may be it.