What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Rabbitohs v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Our forward pack looks really balanced at the moment which is great to see. Klemmer is an unrelenting machine, DSaf brings the size, Barnett and Gavet bring a bit of mongrel and aggression, Glasby is a seasoned professional, Fitz runs a great line on the edge, Sione is all effort and hits like a tonne of bricks considering his size and Herman has a lot of speed and skill for a middle forward and adds something a bit different. Then in terms of back ups we’ve got King who has been pretty reliable this year as well as Guerra and Buhrer who are veterans who have a big influence on the group and won’t let us down. Then there’s JSaf who could still turn out to be as good as his brother if he actually manages to play some consecutive games and Saulo who looks decent enough at this stage. I’m not sure if I’ve missed anyone but I’m pretty pleased with what our pack is doing at the moment.

Jono078

Referee
Dally M's are hidden now, but does anyone think Pearce got his 6th MOTM in a row? Which would extend his lead at the top of the list too. No doubt he got some points, but curious if it was the full 3.

Apey

Staff member
Dally M's are hidden now, but does anyone think Pearce got his 6th MOTM in a row? Which would extend his lead at the top of the list too. No doubt he got some points, but curious if it was the full 3.
2 or 1 I think. Watson probably got the 3.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Just watched the coach pressers, Wango had his good, bad and ugly face on...

3fvf.gif

Alright...mostly ugly.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I kind of like that he didn’t let him get away with it. But overall it’s a terrible move because the ramifications for the team are so bad. If we lose this game and lose Dan to suspension, Burgess has won. It sucks but it’s the reality.

If grub mcguire gets a fine for an eye gouge, the town shd riot of Dsaf gets any penalty for that. Every punter in Newy owes the kid a beer ( in the off season).

mozza91

Coach
Did winning and playing good football feel this good back in the day?

Maybe I was too young during the halcyon days to remember it or I was too expectant of success to fully appreciate it.

We’ve got a hell of a football side here gentlemen and I’m loving watching them play at the moment. Tonight wasn’t a free flowing or as attacking orientated as the last couple but was equally satisfying.

I can’t wait to head down to Melbourne next week to watch them.

Knight Vision

First Grade
the influence of Klemmer is obvious....
Dsaf ran hard and tackled hard and stuck it to the Burgii...
an old fashioned ass whoopin'....
Klem would be proud...

oh and...lol@bennett.

All the young boys have improved so much this season. After 3 spoons it must be incredible for some of them to look around and see Pearce, Klemmer and Ponga in the dressing room, I'm really happy for them Confidence is a truly amazing weapon.

So excited to watch the teams development over the next couple of seasons. We're certainly headed in the direction of something special.

Spot On

Coach
Big shout out to the defensive coach again.

The club needs to do everything they can to keep Kristian Woolf here.

What he has done with our defense is nothing short of astonishing.

This seems to have gone under the radar in the media but Pearce pointed it out last night after the win. Said they are winning games with their defense.

EdLondon

Juniors
Although it was very late in the game Pasimo looks like a big athletic guy. Is a bit in the Haas mould.

Spot On

Coach
I know we had 2 players in the bin for 10 mins so interchange requirements changed a little but the team got through that win with basically 16 players.

Soul Man only required for 3 mins.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I know we had 2 players in the bin for 10 mins so interchange requirements changed a little but the team got through that win with basically 16 players.

Yeah was thinking the same last night. Nice to be able to ease a young bloke into first grade again rather than blooding 10 young blokes into a hiding and ruining their confidence.

macavity

Referee
It’s a farce. Burgess started it. We get 2 in the bin.

He should have got more of a run TBH.

The player that stood out for me as being not FG standard anymore was Buhrer. He really is a step behind these days.

Burwood

Bench
My only regret last night was not getting to see Ponga on the field against 11 Souths players.

Zoidberg

First Grade
He should have got more of a run TBH.

The player that stood out for me as being not FG standard anymore was Buhrer. He really is a step behind these days.
Buhrer didn’t seem to get very many minutes either. He was fine when he came on to give Connor a rest but I wouldn’t want him back in the 1st grade squad for any reason but cover for injuries.

PhilGould

Bench
Tom Burgess facing 1-2 weeks, Saifiti and Sam Burgess only fined. Wonder why Fitzgibbon hasn’t been punished further.

K-Man

Bench
So that’s two games in a row that a big name opposition player from a big club has committed an offence against us, gone unpunished or actually got the penalty in their favour, only to be suspended afterwards.

How does that help us? All it does is make the teams above us weaker for when they play the teams below us trying to take our spot in the 8.

I know the referees can’t get everything right, but these were shocking calls and they could have cost us 4 competition points. Suspending them later doesn’t fix the injustice done during the match itself.

Winning a penalty for making someone throw a punch at you by head butting them is embarrassing to the game.