What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Bazal

Post Whore
So it was supposed to start yesterday? I dunno how I missed that. Bloody wine.

Luckily for you it didn't then!

And in the half day thing, like Eelo says there will be an extra hours play each day. So theoretically I think that amounts to 55 odd overs lost instead of 90.

That said there's more rain around and if it stays gloomy we won't get the extra time in anyway.

Also, Hazlegood!

Luckily for you it didn't then!

And in the half day thing, like Eelo says there will be an extra hours play each day. So theoretically I think that amounts to 55 odd overs lost instead of 90.

That said there's more rain around and if it stays gloomy we won't get the extra time in anyway.

Also, Hazlegood!
TY, Sir.

Hazlegood, he's f**ken Hazlegood!

Why are they wearing numbers like 19 and 27 and 38? From what I understand there's only 11 players in a cricket team. I haven't been paying a lot of attention I admit.

Why are they wearing numbers like 19 and 27 and 38? From what I understand there's only 11 players in a cricket team. I haven't been paying a lot of attention I admit.

You've never seen an AFL game, have you? :) Or

It's a purely nominal system. I'd prefer it if they chose hexadecimal names.

Although there is a theory is that the number represent the limit of the player's counting ability.

Bazal

Post Whore

Although there is a theory is that the number represent the limit of the player's counting ability.

The latter can't be true.

There are fast bowlers with numbers in the double digits

Eelementary

Post Whore

Please pardon my ignorance, but why did they decide to wear numbers, and names, for this Ashes series? It's weird.

I like evolution, but I also love the traditions in Test cricket.

I haven't seen a lot, no. But from what I understand there's about 35 players on each team, so probably a squad of around 70.

Please pardon my ignorance, but why did they decide to wear numbers, and names, for this Ashes series? It's weird.

I like evolution, but I also love the traditions in Test cricket.

Yes, the last test was the first one for which they did this.

I guess I don't mind the names (particularly if done more subtly than they have), but the numbers thing is ridiculous and pointless.