What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

LineBall

Juniors
Last year in a tigers storm game it was 10 all late in the game. Tigers put a bomb up, there was a contest and it came back to Josh Aloiai, the ref ruled 6 again and he took the tackle, as he was being tackled the pocket ref suddenly yelled ‘last’ so Aloiai threw the ball wildly in the air. It was intercepted and the Storm made a 40m break downfield.

After the game it was admitted the referees mis understood each other, and it was 6 again. It’s very odd, but I can understand why Wighton didn’t then go to kick, even if he did here the ‘last tackle’ correction call.

Wow. That’s bullshit. You can’t have refs changing their call on the run. Seems to be the “6 again” or “still last tackle” call where the issue mostly arises.

Knight Vision

First Grade
RIP Rugby League - has been dying a slow death for the last 20 years or so.

The game was long ago taken over by the PC bean counters who've sanitized the game in an effort to make it "more appealing to soccer mum's"

The game is over refereed and the rules are now more complicated than ever- mostly knee jerk reactions to media pressure.

Kids today wouldnt know what a real game of footy was like. Even the jewel in crown SOO is merely a hyped up NRL game in intensity compared to what it once was.

Bring back the biff, get rid of the bunker, 1 ref instead of 2 and reduce the interchange to 4.

These days fans are more interested in a players sex life than the footy.....probably says more about society today than anything else.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
It would have made no difference in this instance.

And thank f**k they can’t. It just adds another voice to confuse the ref, which was the whole issue here.

no mate

what is confusing?

"hey, that call was wrong, here is what should happen"

the game is allowed to stop to correct calls

18to87

First Grade
The right team won, Cronk should not have bn carded, and as you know Canberra couldn't score a try against 12, or in the 2nd half at all. Some of Canberra's attack was embarrassing.
This just isn't true. It was 8-8 and if the Raiders didn't score, then the Roosters are gassed and the game soon devolves into a field goal-a-thon which can go either way.

Let's not forget the 12 point swing to the Roosters thanks to the trainers head. It's a disgrace he was on the field then.

This just isn't true. It was 8-8 and if the Raiders didn't score, then the Roosters are gassed and the game soon devolves into a field goal-a-thon which can go either way.

Let's not forget the 12 point swing to the Roosters thanks to the trainers head. It's a disgrace he was on the field then.
The trainer incident was a football accident, it happens, and the team in the attacking half get the ball, unlucky. Roosters finished above the Raiders, have bn playing better quality football, have bn favourites all season with the bookies, Canberra had opportunities to score in the last 5 minutes and looked awful, Cronk should not have bn binned, J Wighton should have bn sent-off IMO for a cheap shot to the head of Tedesco, if the Raiders had bn down to 12, I'm 90% sure the Chooks would have scored a try in that 10 minutes.

Pippen94

First Grade
RIP Rugby League - has been dying a slow death for the last 20 years or so.

The game was long ago taken over by the PC bean counters who've sanitized the game in an effort to make it "more appealing to soccer mum's"

The game is over refereed and the rules are now more complicated than ever- mostly knee jerk reactions to media pressure.

Kids today wouldnt know what a real game of footy was like. Even the jewel in crown SOO is merely a hyped up NRL game in intensity compared to what it once was.

Bring back the biff, get rid of the bunker, 1 ref instead of 2 and reduce the interchange to 4.

These days fans are more interested in a players sex life than the footy.....probably says more about society today than anything else.
Exciting GF & that's what you get out of it?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So many snow flakes.

My team didnt win so it must mean rugby league is dying.

Yeah, nah. My team never wins, literally, and I've had no problem with rugby league until recently. And rugby league isn't 'dying', but...

I'm sick of this BS with the rules and the refs. I'm sick of Cam Smith running the game, the smoke Ch9 blows up a certain amount of players' assholes, the bumbling reactive CEO, Phil Gould's negativity shitting all over the game, and ultimately and most notably I'm just over how f**king useless the refs are and how much of a ride the better teams get. My team, as f**king useless as they are, got dudded ridiculously in about 3-4 games this year by pathetic refereeing. They can't even get it right when they get the luxury of replays. They're f**king atrocious.

We said one day piss poor refereeing would decide a GF, and it sorta did. I had no dog in that fight, and that's how I saw it.

I'll still watch next year but certainly the enjoyment of it is not on the improve, or even the same level.

super_coach

First Grade

Should be a automatic penalty in front 25 out if a trainer touches the hall while in play and trainer banned from entering the field during play. You watch the NRL now come out and change the rules after the horses bolted.

At worst the refs should have the power to make a common sense call in a situation like yesterday and award the Raiders the feed.

Nrl is a total joke of a organisation

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters fans ‘Just get over the call’

Also Roosters fans for 9 years ‘Morris not getting called out cost us the 2010 Grand Final which we lost by 23 points’

Every fanbase is convinced that they were robbed in a Grand Final at some point.
Your mob still has the shits about 1989
Dragons are convinced they were robbed in 1996
Swings and roundabouts. There have been bigger howlers in grand finals before and there will be again, it's the nature of the sport. Funny shaped ball and funny shaped refs.

I feel for Raiders. 2 tries from 2 frankly bizarre incidents is tough to cop and no doubt if it was the other way we'd be pissed. On the other hand, not a single 'neutral' would give the slightest shit if Roosters got shafted.

Anyway- The refs didn't let a rookie score under the posts and the refs didn't send roosters 70m up field in one play. You've got to defend the bad bounces and take your chances when they come. Raiders didn't, Roosters did.

It had the makings of a great game so it's a pity we're talking about this instead.

Congrats to Raiders for making it this far and digging in for a serious fight. If there's any justice they'll get a second crack in the next few years.
To the neutral fans sooking - f**k up you sad merkin loser pissbabies.

No doubt the shittest take of the day is Manly fans claiming We wUz rObBeD in 2013. Christ almighty the delusion.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Should be a automatic penalty in front 25 out if a trainer touches the hall while in play and trainer banned from entering the field during play. You watch the NRL now come out and change the rules after the horses bolted.

At worst the refs should have the power to make a common sense call in a situation like yesterday and award the Raiders the feed.

Nrl is a total joke of a organisation
Or they could have penalised Canberra for tackling Kearys legs.

no name

Coach
I think people are being overly dramatic with the RIP type comments.

However, it’s extremely disappointing that the officials made such a blunder at such a crucial point of the game.

Such an awesome game has been marred by controversy.

Obviously referees and officials don’t try to make mistakes on purpose, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the process they are taking and the commission are struggling with how to deal with it.

They need a strong referees boss who can instil confidence into the officials. They can start with negating any perceived nepotism by getting rid of Bernard Sutton. It’s a pretty embarrassing set up at the moment.