What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Straw to Clutch at: Bennett Rumour Resurfaces.

hazzbeen

Bench
If its not a rumor then it fits Bennett to the retirement village of players at the end of their career's , he might as well join the club and see his time out ..... I'd rather flick Mary , let Flanno take over as care taker if possible , or put someone else's head there and let Flanno run it .....

merahputih

Juniors
If its not a rumor then it fits Bennett to the retirement village of players at the end of their career's , he might as well join the club and see his time out ..... I'd rather flick Mary , let Flanno take over as care taker if possible , or put someone else's head there and let Flanno run it .....
Agree re Bennett, at age 70 is at the end of his career but he would still be a massive upgrade on McRigormortis. At least Bennett still has the aura to attract top players.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A couple of points here:

1. Bennett is contracted to the Bunnies for 2021 irrespective of what Fox sports writes. He joined them in 2019 on a 3yr deal.
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/south-sydney-rabbitohs/wayne-bennett/

2. JD is slatted to take over at the end of 2021.
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...of-business-demetriou-to-take-bennetts-place/

So, why would Bennett leave the Bunnies when he has a contract which has 1yr remaining, to take up another contract for 1yr? Particularly 1 team destined for, at the very least finals football, to join another team who are struggling to even make the 8.

Only 2 possible scenarios imo:
1. Offering Bennett more than 1yr. This has implications to the succeeding coach, where more than 1yr may see Flanno move elsewhere, but Dean Young appointed after "training" with the master. This to me signals we will just go full circle back to "jobs for the boys".
2. Bennett is appointed for 1yr, then transitions to a position such as GM of football. This would allow Flanno to take the reigns at the end of 2021 with an overseer.

Either way, appointing Bennett for just 1yr will make zero sense. If this rumour is factual, then it had to be more inclusive than that.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Now, let's sign Quade Cooper.
I hope he does come to the NRL, I always wondered how he’d go, I doubt he’d end up with us but I couldn’t see him being any worse than Norman. On the flip side and totally off topic, imagine how good Lockyer would have gone at flyhalf for the Wallabies.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Can't see him giving McGregor the same kudos especially after he showed him the door last time.
I actually don’t think we are in terrible shape. We have a pretty fit, tough and gritty side that just needs a player or two and some polish. If JDB beats his charges I’m sure Bennett will resign him, apparently he’s still the second fittest in our club to only Lomax. Would love to see how Bennett uses him.

LINESPEED

Juniors
l’d show him this one.... he can paint it too!

View attachment 37591

FMD a concrete slab & plastic dunny - very modern.

But brings back memories

I remember walking 60m from the verandah of the old house in Parkes to an earthen floor dunny parked on the edge of the gravel laneway so the ‘honeycart’ blokes could pick up the full metal can with its cracked wooden seat that did have occasional red backs.
A scarey walk at night with the steam trains shunting by the silos across the valley.

....and the Dragons won every year in those halcyon days

hazzbeen

Bench
FMD a concrete slab & plastic dunny - very modern.

But brings back memories

I remember walking 60m from the verandah of the old house in Parkes to an earthen floor dunny parked on the edge of the gravel laneway so the ‘honeycart’ blokes could pick up the full metal can with its cracked wooden seat that did have occasional red backs.
A scarey walk at night with the steam trains shunting by the silos across the valley.

....and the Dragons won every year in those halcyon days
Those were the day's my friend we thought they'd never end ....... Doris Day anyone ..... ?

Latest posts