What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

yy_cheng

Coach
1. Fergo
2. Sivo
3. Mj
4. Blake
5 take
6 dbrown
7. Guth
8. Rcg
9 reed
10 jnr
11 lane
12 niko
13 Brown

14 davey
15 Gower
16 Stefano
17 Evans

If mitch and matto aren't back

golfer

Juniors
I reckon Gutho comes into the halves if Moses has another extended stint on the sidelines. He is our only other playmaker with some organising ability. Field could potentially fill in at the back in a Dufty type role.

Here’s hoping Moses stays on the field for the rest of the season.
What does everybody think of the Manly try just before half time. I did not think he had control and knocked it on. Nothing being said about it in the fox rap up maybe because it happened in the first half and not at the end of the game. On the fox people all they can talk about is how great Manly were particularly as they had so many players missing, no mention of all the Parramatta players missing.

Wally21

Bench
Yeah my original comment was more that you were being a bit harsh on calling him out over say Shaun Lane or Gunco who earn a f**kton more than Field and were equally as clueless in that first 20 (Gunco at least settled somewhat)
Very good point. Lane was a liability early

Happy MEel

First Grade
true, but give it 12 months and I reckon Drown will improve massively where he can play as our sole half if Moses is out. And a back up half won’t matter as much.
I hope so mate, but he’ll still be relatively inexperienced. If Moses is out I’d still be looking to bring Gutho into the halves, even just in attack.

Wally21

Bench
What does everybody think of the Manly try just before half time. I did not think he had control and knocked it on. Nothing being said about it in the fox rap up maybe because it happened in the first half and not at the end of the game. On the fox people all they can talk about is how great Manly were particularly as they had so many players missing, no mention of all the Parramatta players missing.
Wasn’t a try. Don’t know if you watched the bunnies knights game, but Burgess was denied a try with a similar put down

Dibs

Bench
Didnt Burgess lose control in the put down?
You dont need control when your going for a kicked ball just downward pressure.
Yeah, I thought the Manly one was a little dubious but I wouldn’t expect the bunker to over rule it, the burgess one was quite obvious

Happy MEel

First Grade
I thought there was separation but it was sent up a try so I can understand why it wasn’t overturned.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

What about RCG non try (maybe beers affect my opinion). If RCG goes up try they couldn’t disallow it I reckon. I thought his body grounds it

golfer

Juniors
Didnt Burgess lose control in the put down?
You dont need control when your going for a kicked ball just downward pressure.
I my view he did not have downward pressure. Do you think Annersley will apologise for an incorrect ruling.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Honestly bro, I thought it was a similar put down and got 2 different outcomes from the bunker. But, what do I know... in just a silly merkin watching from the lounge 45 drinks in!!

yep, couldn’t care less if they say try or not, just get consistency with it....it varies to much

Noise

Coach
What about RCG non try (maybe beers affect my opinion). If RCG goes up try they couldn’t disallow it I reckon. I thought his body grounds it
He had it in his hands and lost control of it. He needs to regain control before grounding it. You can’t do that with your body. You need to regrip it to regain control.

can only ground with your body if you haven’t knocked it on first.

crocodile

Bench
Gutho didn’t help much in attack either.

Also I reckon we didn’t play “flat” enough tonight (especially in the second half), losing Nrown probably contributed to this.
That as well as our typical offload game didn't happen. Over the course of the season, the offloads have consistently won us games.

Rocket man

Juniors
Wasn’t a try. Don’t know if you watched the bunnies knights game, but Burgess was denied a try with a similar put down
I OK with the try from the angles which were inconclusive. Maybe grounded with the wrist.
Two tries scored from our errors that beat us and one from a penalty from restart.
Levi got us again.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So tonight we have the following missing from our top 17:

Fergo
Moses
Matterson
Evans
Stone
Kafusi

plus lost Nrown in the first half.