What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a 50 points difference in our and against between us and Raiders.
They have 2 easy games. We MUST win our last two for top 4. I reckon we win 1 and lose 1. Finish 5th.
Maybe a Broncos win today would be a good thing so they aren't worried about the spoon. Because fifth would suck. Although it might hasten BA's departure.

Noise

Coach
There has been a 50 points difference in our and against between us and Raiders.
They have 2 easy games. We MUST win our last two for top 4. I reckon we win 1 and lose 1. Finish 5th.
If we lose our next two our shit for and against means we probably finish 6th or 7th.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bingo!! He’s a running 5/8 imo. He did a fair job steering the team around this year but he’s struggled this year. Just seems he’s being told to curb his natural game. Or maybe he’s just shit I don’t know.
He has taken a back seat to Drown this year. I posted the stats to prove it. Drown is handling the ball far more often on non-kick plays. Whether this is because it suits their talents better or because of Moses' injury we don't know. But Moses has definitely been playing 'five-eighth' all year. He now just sits on the right edge, only coming into the middle to kick.

Obviously now that Drown is out Moses is playing halfback, as you'd expect from any team that loses their primary playmaker. The secondary playmaker takes over.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was doing a good job of straightening the attack last year and even early this year. All he does now he dump off to his inside runner, or go sideways where we run out of space or that towering bomb.

We are so predictable, just like Pou making excuses after another loss.
You're the merkin making excuses by blaming it all on the coach. You think sacking the coach will fix everything you f**ken dope.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're the merkin making excuses by blaming it all on the coach. You think sacking the coach will fix everything you f**ken dope.
lol, it’s never anyone’s fault. Not the clubs. Coaches or players. Must be the Universes. Do you ever tire of just posting absolute BS for the sake of it???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we lose our next two our shit for and against means we probably finish 6th or 7th.
Its where we belong if you listen to the Nut people. The Squad wasn’t must chop anyway lol. And if there the case the 7 year coach and the people responsible should get rissoled anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But....but....but....I’m not a bench player, if I don’t start, I won’t try very hard.
13th in the NRL for post-contact metres per game despite being only the 34th for number of runs. He is a phenomenal front rower. If we had a smarter spine he wouldn't be stuck running at four defenders on every carry.

Fish-Harris is 4th in the NRL for runs per game but only 11th for post-contact metres. That means far fewer post-contact metres per carry.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dont think its sense. Our attack is limp. We here rag dolled all game.
What we do have is a good young spine and solid forwards.
Because we didn't have the smarts in our spine to move the ball to where the defence was thin. Penrith got 3+ defenders into every tackle. That's great effort but it was up to our spine to move the ball to where there were fewer defenders.

When we compressed Penrith shifted the ball to the edges. When they compressed we kept going up the middle. No wonder we made no metres. Halves aren't just for setting up tries and linebreaks. They also should decide who gets to run the ball and where.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its where we belong if you listen to the Nut people. The Squad wasn’t must chop anyway lol. And if there the case the 7 year coach and the people responsible should get rissoled anyway.
Have a look at where everyone tipped them at the start of the season and you'll realise you've made a dick statement.

It's in the prediction thread that you are too much of a softcock to ever participate in.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ferguson takes off slow and doesn't break tackles like Too and Josh.
PCM per game:
76.4 To'o (4th in NRL)
65.1 Mansour (19th)
61.1 Ferguson (24th)

But compare this to runs per game:
19.1 Mansour (13th)
17.5 Ferguson (27th)
16.6 To'o (35th)

Looking at PCM per run we see:
4.6 To'o
3.5 Ferguson
3.4 Mansour

Ferguson is at least as good as Mansour. To'o is the equal fourth best (with Taukeiaho) in the NRL.
They wrecked us. But Tamou,JFH,Yeo make great meters. Tetavano and Leota keep the momentum with damaging runs. Leinu does the same. They run straight and hard.
Just going off the players from both teams who are in the top 50 for both categories. I've included the NRL's top three for comparison:

PCM/carry:
4.8 Fonua-Blake
4.8 Haas
4.7 Taumalolo
4.6 To'o
4.2 Campbell-Gillard
4.1 Gennings (the bloke on loan to the Warriors)
3.9 Paulo
3.7 Tamou
3.5 Nrown
3.5 Ferguson
3.4 Fisher-Harris
3.4 Mansour
3.4 Yeo
2.9 Edwards
2.7 Gutherson

Sivo isn't in the top 50 in the NRL for post-contact metres but he is 37th for runs.

Their edge players in Kikau and Martin are also wrecking balls. Ours are better defensively and are both smarter and id say more skill full but they don't have anywhere near the same punch.

I'm not prepared to write the season off. Our defense is great. We have enough talent. Need to make some small changes. As I said Stone is not a hooker so have Smith on bench. Great player. He can help the attack. He is 2 x as good as Field ffs.

Also SIVO has no impact. His speed is like a truck taking off. I am unsure why we are persisting with him. Taka is an aerial threat. Him Fergo and Blake atleast mean your a chance when put up a bomb. It maybe our only hope
Yeah I'm off Sivo. He is a shadow of the player he was last year.

lucablight

First Grade
Like if we had all the ball? The thing is kicking game (and especially options) is a big part of winning possession.
I was talking about the year in general not just this game. I agree that having Mahoney and Brown out was always going to make it difficult to come away with the win last night.

Dibs

Bench
That was me, mate, and I stand by it; there was no room for Gutherson to do anything, even if he caught the ball.

Gutherson should have beeb paying attention, but Moses should have just taken the tackle.

That sort of play is typical from Moses, tbh - silly, bone-headed, and thoughtless.
Well I respectfully disagree albeit without having a real good look at it. I thought Gutho was in a good position to dig back in and create something.

Noise

Coach
Well I respectfully disagree albeit without having a real good look at it. I thought Gutho was in a good position to dig back in and create something.
Gutherson was going no where. It was shit by Moses to crab sideways and cramp them for space and still throw the pass but also shit by Gutho to not be paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts