What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Rhyno

First Grade
Smith was signalling to the fans after the match that he’s going to the broncos

lazza

Juniors
https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...ontroversial-sin-binning-20201025-p568g5.html

Heres the video and the story.. in the link. Could only find it on "WA Today"...

I can hear Smith remonstrating with the ref leading up to the binning but not the "stop picking little things bit...". Maybe it happened after Hughes went to the sheds, or in between I don't know. But from what I heard it wasn't bad enough to warrant further action.
Just listened to the link - it's definitely there - around the 1.27 mark right when Gould started talking. I guess the media can get the clean version of it.

papabear

Juniors
if he retires, his last in game action will be missing a tackle that lead to a try, but then he won a premiership right after.

life gives you ups and downs.

Kamara

Juniors
Smith made a valid point... If you watch the last 15/20 minutes of that match it did appear like they wanted a close finish.

greenBV4

Bench
True but its probably more the manner in which he said it. Blatant and language.
this 100% would be it, Smith knows how to sweet talk the refs without pissing them off - i can see why it pisses off oposition fans but its a skill regardless

other players would come bounding up to them swearing and speaking bogan expecting the same treatment

reanimate

Bench
this 100% would be it, Smith knows how to sweet talk the refs without pissing them off - i can see why it pisses off oposition fans but its a skill regardless

other players would come bounding up to them swearing and speaking bogan expecting the same treatment
He definitely knows where the line is with every ref and dances around it like a pro. Bar that one time when Cecchin binned him, of course,

Perth Red

Post Whore
Courage and commitment personified

Storm icon Cameron Smith had constant painkilling injections in his shoulder during the final two months of a triumphant NRL season, a new report has revealed.

Melbourne won the grand final over Penrith on Sunday, ending a painful and courageous run for their veteran captain.

Smith injured the AC joint in his left shoulder during a round 12 win over Newcastle and missed three games, yet the joint never properly healed, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. It was too painful for him to swing a golf club but he still managed to lead his team to a premiership, while the club kept the problem a secret.

"He had to get needled every game to play out the season," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi told the Herald.

"He even had to get needled at times so he could train.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/camero...nd-final/15fd5efd-b373-4a58-8721-c613504af6d2

JokerEel

First Grade
Sterlo's take on Inside the NRL was that he's not necessarily the greatest player but the most influential, and that for him it was an important distinction.

This is the perfect take..

There has been a lot better League players over the years Smith has just been more influential.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Courage and commitment personified

Storm icon Cameron Smith had constant painkilling injections in his shoulder during the final two months of a triumphant NRL season, a new report has revealed.

Melbourne won the grand final over Penrith on Sunday, ending a painful and courageous run for their veteran captain.

Smith injured the AC joint in his left shoulder during a round 12 win over Newcastle and missed three games, yet the joint never properly healed, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. It was too painful for him to swing a golf club but he still managed to lead his team to a premiership, while the club kept the problem a secret.

"He had to get needled every game to play out the season," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi told the Herald.

"He even had to get needled at times so he could train.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/camero...nd-final/15fd5efd-b373-4a58-8721-c613504af6d2
Wow, talk about courage!! Players never have to get needles! He's so brave!

Latest posts