What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
The Catholic Church is definitely a rich organization . And there’s been revealed to be a lot of corruption within it. Would you agree?

Where isn’t there any corruption of any sort? Does it mean the church is corrupt if a bad apple slips through? I’d rather be a believer than a non believer.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nice try, the tide hasn’t turned at all. We’re not talking about social norms here, it’s the law.

You use the term woke as a derogatory term, however that’s a mistep. If it means that people are present and mindful of others, then those with the opposing view must be insular and indifferent to others and give zero f**ks. Oh look, I just defined a conservative.
The term woke has come about as a result of people realising that there are plenty of instances where someone claims the moral high ground and pretends to be ‘mindful of others’, but only when it suits them.

Take for instance, your casual dismissal of millions of genuine, caring and compassionate catholics.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry mate, I’m not protecting no peodo’s. Nor can I say my church has been involved in any such conspiracies. I’m not doubting it’s never happened, but f^*k me labeling all priests as peodo’s or the church as a ‘Rich corrupt organization’ is ludicrous. As is saying religious people are stupid in believing in an imaginary friend. Because religion gives people hope, faith and a way of life. If people choose to not believe that’s their choice.

My priest Father Ritchard from St Mary's was done for being a Pedo and Brother Stanton from school was also done for being a Pedo.
I reckon it was about 25%

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Everyone thinks that they are the sensible centre, but they're not.
Given the tribalism at play at the moment I would argue that this statement is patently false.

I never said I was the sensible centre. Not sure why you raised it. Is it because I am?

Gronk

Staff member
The term woke has come about as a result of people realising that there are plenty of instances where someone claims the moral high ground and pretends to be ‘mindful of others’, but only when it suits them.

Take for instance, your casual dismissal of millions of genuine, caring and compassionate catholics.

Never did that at all. If you comb through my posts I actually said yesterday that I feel sorry for well meaning Catholics.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Catholic Church is definitely a rich organization . And there’s been revealed to be a lot of corruption within it. Would you agree?

Yeah and so what?

Break down the world. How many poor 3rd world white nations are there where people are living in poverty?
Our whole world/society is being built on breeding/farming very poor coloured people and giving the lucky ones the privilege do enter our countries and work for min wage. Creating population growth and make our assets project upwards whilst the economy keeps ticking over so we become wealthier as a nation and pull further away.
The world isnt fair. But aslong as we can get our new cars,holidays,eat at our favourite cafes and enjoy a few beers with our mates cause we God dam deserve it then I mean uno who cares right?
Izzy's calling out Gays is a drop in the ocean and if merkins where serious about how the world is run they wouldnt give a f**k about something so silly.....

Angry_eel

First Grade

Man there's so much in that 1 pic. They really do tell a 1000 words

My family and I along with most ethnic people I know - Going to hell - Idolators(This includes Catholics too I presume)
Australians are known drunks - All going to hell
All homoexuals who some God created that way - All going to hell
Almost everyone I know had sex before marriage - All going to hell
Almost everyone with Kids lies - Going to hell
Fornicators - So Apparently adulterers includes people who don't fornicate - All going to hell
Corporate world and Politicians including some Pastors - Going to hell - Thieves
All Atheists going to hell for not believing in a God(as well as Jesus I presume) - Going to hell

So who will be left behind? His world vision looks like Afghanistan IMO

Angry_eel

First Grade
The question is - Why would he want to play in a sport which is sponsored by Alcohol companies which will make people Drunk?

Snoochies

First Grade
Man there's so much in that 1 pic. They really do tell a 1000 words

My family and I along with most ethnic people I know - Going to hell - Idolators(This includes Catholics too I presume)
Australians are known drunks - All going to hell
All homoexuals who some God created that way - All going to hell
Almost everyone I know had sex before marriage - All going to hell
Almost everyone with Kids lies - Going to hell
Fornicators - So Apparently adulterers includes people who don't fornicate - All going to hell
Corporate world and Politicians including some Pastors - Going to hell - Thieves
All Atheists going to hell for not believing in a God(as well as Jesus I presume) - Going to hell

So who will be left behind? His world vision looks like Afghanistan IMO
If you go back a couple pages and realise hell is the grave, then yes we are all headed there. Problem is Christianity and atheists view of hell is a pagan version of it where satan is the god of the underground where his job is to torture people for eternity.

TheRam

Coach
<cough>

https://www.antidiscrimination.just...riminationlaw/adb1_types/adb1_homosexual.aspx

Vilification
Homosexual vilification is against the law and is a public act that could incite hatred, serious contempt or ridicule towards homosexual people. You can contact us to make a complaint if you experience homosexual vilification.

Public acts include:
  • communications that can be seen or heard by the public (this includes print, radio, video or online)
  • signs, flags or clothing that could be seen by the public
  • distributing and sharing information to the public.
A public act that threatens or incites violence towards a group of people on the basis of race, religious belief or affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or HIV/AIDS status is a criminal offence that should be referred to the police.

Spot on mate.

TheRam

Coach
Yet you are happy to infer his guilt in relation to the said offence?

I wouldn't hire him. But I also wouldn't institute a regulation stopping others in the market from doing so.

Since you wouldn't hire him and if say you ran/managed the overall business that he is requesting to join and that business would take a massive hit from sponsors, fans and the media that love to stick it to your organization, which would affect the perception and overall bottom line, what would you do?

If you allowed such a goose to be part of your family of clubs, what does that say about you and your values? Can your organization afford to lose even more sponsors, fans and again be judged rightly or wrongly as a bunch of bonehead throwbacks when it is a struggle of gargantuan proportions to gain and hold on to each dollar, fan and participant in an ever increasing competitive market place?

Falau has the right to believe and say what he wants as long as he stays within the constraints of the laws that we must all adhere to, but it is also the right of any private organization to defend its market share and decide who should represent them and their values. That is why we have job interviews. He decided to have his interview, more then once, in the public domain for everyone to judge, which has force the hand of any future employer.

Falau to many thousands has sealed his own fate on this one.

TheRam

Coach
Na I was here.

So if he's guilty, I presume that numerous priests / rabbis / imams are also guilty? I'm an atheist, and disagree with a lot of shit (like this) that various institutions peddle. I wouldn't stop them from saying it though, as long as they are sticking to their book, and are not trying to interefere with secular life.

Who should be allowed to play in the NRL? Who is the supreme arbiter of public morals?

If all these religions stuck to their books, 99% of us would all be burt alive or stoned to death.