What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton and Naden both will start the year in NSW Cup both would make a handy right side. So for me the right side is on pressure and has been an issue for a few seasons now

maple_69

Bench
Api, Kikau and Hopgood were the guys that impressed me most. To’o also looked really sharp and Fish/Cleary/Yeo were at their usual standard.

Awesome to see how hungry for involvement Kikau was. Hopefully having Capewell/May/Martin fit will allow us to use him in moderation.

franklin2323

Immortal
He did start both trials there after being re-signed. That seems pretty obvious he gets first shot at the position.

1st shot is good. He probably should but I think people aren't being realistic with their expectations is all.

Happens in all sports not just a RL thing. I follow US Sports and it is the same with their high draft picks. People expect instant success

Girds89

Bench
1st shot is good. He probably should but I think people aren't being realistic with their expectations is all.

Happens in all sports not just a RL thing. I follow US Sports and it is the same with their high draft picks. People expect instant success

Couldn't agree more on this. Especially as panthers fans and we have so many juniors come through.

Last junior I can remember who legitimately lived up to the hype that everyone, fans, commentators, members of this forum had on him was Michael Jennings.

Not saying I don't think Charlie can be a great player but I certainly don't think he will be am instant success. He will need time.

People can get so overwhelmed after a few good games in first grade. Eg, Matt burton. Most on here had him ahead of of Luai last year after trials.

Unless you are a freak junior ot takes most really good juniors still 1-2 full seasons to find there feet.

The_Frog

First Grade
Last junior I can remember who legitimately lived up to the hype that everyone, fans, commentators, members of this forum had on him was Michael Jennings.
There's a few in the current side who you'd have to say have lived up to promise. It's been the exception rather than the rule in prior times though.

Girds89

Bench
There's a few in the current side who you'd have to say have lived up to promise. It's been the exception rather than the rule in prior times though.

Yeah you are right. Jfh and yeo for sure. Cleary and luai produce another season like last and definitely them too!

Wade and MJ were consistent for a long time. A few of our boys have been good a few years now,need to keep it going.

Girds89

Bench
Anyway for rd 1 I dont think IC will make any changes to 1-17 named Saturday. I would.
My 17

1. Edwards
2. Too
3. Burton (naden if he was available)
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Capes
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Tmay
15. Spencer
16. Kikau
17. Hopgood

Hopgood was in everything and definitely deserves first shot over Eisenhuth imo.

Burton is much more likely in attack than mimo and he is a good defender. Let him kinda play the wade graham roll on the left. Grubber if he sees it on.. can push kiks one wider to centre every now and then and get him one on one out wide with smaller men.

Kiks to come on after capewell Martin absorb first 20.

franklin2323

Immortal

Luai was a slow burn over a few seasons
Crichton has been right centre, left wing, bench before finding his home at left centre.
Martin had a few games in 2019
Edwards played a game in FG. went back down. Came to wing went back down then took over FB when TMM left

Aside from Cleary everyone takes a while to get going

franklin2323

Immortal

Luai was a slow burn over a few seasons
Crichton has been right centre, left wing, bench before finding his home at left centre.
Martin had a few games in 2019
Edwards played a game in FG. went back down. Came to wing went back down then took over FB when TMM left

Aside from Cleary everyone takes a while to get going

WestyLife

First Grade
Anyway for rd 1 I dont think IC will make any changes to 1-17 named Saturday. I would.
My 17

1. Edwards
2. Too
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Capes
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Tmay
15. Spencer
16. Kikau
17. Hopgood

Hopgood was in everything and definitely deserves first shot over Eisenhuth imo.

Burton is much more likely in attack than mimo and he is a good defender. Let him kinda play the wade graham roll on the left. Grubber if he sees it on.. can push kiks one wider to centre every now and then and get him one on one out wide with smaller men.

Kikau on the bench won't happen. I hope Hopgood gets a start but no idea how Ivan will go and Momirovski would be favourite to start.

Kilkenny

Coach
My 17

1. Edwards
2. Too
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Capes
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Tmay
15. Spencer
16. Kikau
17. Hopgood

I don’t mind that side but I am probably biased.

Kilkenny

Coach
Couldn't agree more on this. Especially as panthers fans and we have so many juniors come through.

Not saying I don't think Charlie can be a great player but I certainly don't think he will be am instant success. He will need time.

People can get so overwhelmed after a few good games in first grade. Eg, Matt burton. Most on here had him ahead of of Luai last year after trials.

Unless you are a freak junior ot takes most really good juniors still 1-2 full seasons to find there feet.

Go through the 1-17 and beyond our side is basically home grown talent.

Ive always maintained we have much to be proud of.

It is some what amazing our side is for the most part has been developed from within.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure which thread to post my views on our Round 1 game against the Cowbiys as there seems to be two competing or similar threads.

I think it is a really tough game first up and I say that with nothing to do with the outcome of the Cowboys trial against theBroncos.

The Cowboys will be a really tough game.

MugaB

Coach
My 17

1. Edwards
2. Too
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Capes
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Tmay
15. Spencer
16. Kikau
17. Hopgood

This would be my list too, although i like capes on the bench and kikau starting, theres a positive to have kikau with two stints other than that thats also my top17 too, i liked what hopgood was bringing

WestyLife

First Grade
1. Edwards
2. Too
3. Momirovski
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leota
11. Capewell
12. Kikau
13. Yeo

14. May
15. Lenui
16. Martin
17. Hopgood

Kilkenny

Coach
My 17

1. Edwards
2. Too
4. Critta
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Capes
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Tmay
15. Spencer
16. Kikau
17. Hopgood

Ain’t gonna happen buddy, Eisunhuth will be the 17th man. Well have this conversation
elsewhere.

Latest posts