What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sharks

betcats

Referee
If our attack gets much better we would be unbeatable. The defensive attitude we play with plus our game management and having some metre eaters across the park is just so good, we dominate field position pretty much every week.

I think tonight we were more patient and slick with the ball than we have been for a month.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Kikau still isn't at his best but I can't question his effort at all. Bringing him in field to try get him more involved makes sense even if it didn't work

betcats

Referee
Kikau is trying definitely but he’s out of form for the last month. He can’t catch a cold atm, but his effort is there.

Also Critta is all the way back to form which is awesome to see, scoring and setting them up.

Kilkenny

Coach
Great performance, I couldn’t name our best or our worst player tonight, everyone just did their job.

Critter looks so good on the right with Charlie, IMO, that’s our best starting 13.

Great crowd and atmosphere as well, love it, no shit, just good honest cheering, loved it.

Well done lads that was great to watch, I’m looking forward to the replay tomorrow.

Good crowd too for a 6pm Friday night kick off. Not too many Sharks fans made the trip and can hardly blame them, there incoming coach has a huge job ahead of him. They really need a total roster clear out. Not taking anything away from our win, but the Sharks have massive problems.

pantherz9103

First Grade
It's a pity I haven't been able to go to more live games but I went tonight and the performance was a joy to watch live, particularly at the Northern Hill in the first half, watching Romey and Nat attack the line and put support through holes. The Sharks had no answers whatsoever and were totally outclassed.

age.s

First Grade
Sorensen was excellent. Exactly the kind of punch you want from a bench forward. My instinct is to say Eisenhuths position is under threat but that's the best I've seen Matt play probably ever. Leniu is way too good for reserve grade. So a rotation? We have an embarrassment of riches in our pack atm.

betcats

Referee
Sorensen was excellent. Exactly the kind of punch you want from a bench forward. My instinct is to say Eisenhuths position is under threat but that's the best I've seen Matt play probably ever. Leniu is way too good for reserve grade. So a rotation? We have an embarrassment of riches in our pack atm.

Yep Sorensen was very good. Definitely gets another game next week off the back of that. I don’t mind rotating the bench a little bit a couple weeks of reserve grade won’t hurt Spencer. If Sorensen is still playing like that than give eisenhuth a week or two down in reggies and bring Spencer back up.

franklin2323

Immortal

I have been saying it all year. Not that Eisenhuth is terrible just doesn't suit the bench.

Sorensen and Martin both played middle and edge. Them with Leinu can handle middle.

Gives us the punch off the bench we lack

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought Penrith coasted along. Attack still clunky but scores 48. If it was slick they hit 70

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep Sorensen was very good. Definitely gets another game next week off the back of that. I don’t mind rotating the bench a little bit a couple weeks of reserve grade won’t hurt Spencer. If Sorensen is still playing like that than give eisenhuth a week or two down in reggies and bring Spencer back up.

No reserve grade this week for him. Bye next week so he will end up with no gametime full stop

age.s

First Grade
I didn't think the attack was all that clunky. It was a bit ad lib in a few places but we generally got repeat sets from our early kicks so we were hardly blowing chances. Our right edge was humming. Crichton has a beautiful left/right pass. And I know commentator's overhype stuff like that sometimes but Burton's try really was a sublime bit of play from our halves.

Just nothing to complain about. Dominant across the park. An appropriate response to what Melbourne did last night.

panthersam

Juniors
I didn't think the attack was all that clunky. It was a bit ad lib in a few places but we generally got repeat sets from our early kicks so we were hardly blowing chances. Our right edge was humming. Crichton has a beautiful left/right pass. And I know commentator's overhype stuff like that sometimes but Burton's try really was a sublime bit of play from our halves.

Just nothing to complain about. Dominant across the park. An appropriate response to what Melbourne did last night.

I highlighted that play from Cleary a few weeks ago when he did it, tonight was him pulling it off to perfection! Beautiful piece of football - don’t think anyone comes close to our number 7 at the moment in terms of the best player in the competition argument. His two passes to Crichton for Staines tries were also pin perfect and the defence could do absolutely nothing about it.

betcats

Referee
Nrl.com has Sorensen with 142m and 62 pct, that’s the best performance we’ve had off the bench so far this year, he looked like a handful with every run. Definitely have managed to cover that middle depth pretty well, Martin looks good there also. Anyway I wouldn’t want to be the one picking the bench forwards next week but I think Sorensen has to be one after that, no reserve grade for two weeks really sucks tbh.

Jane Murray

Bench
Nrl.com has Sorensen with 142m and 62 pct, that’s the best performance we’ve had off the bench so far this year, he looked like a handful with every run. Definitely have managed to cover that middle depth pretty well, Martin looks good there also. Anyway I wouldn’t want to be the one picking the bench forwards next week but I think Sorensen has to be one after that, no reserve grade for two weeks really sucks tbh.
I thought the NSW side plays today?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No way in hell. Burton has been fantastic in defence, and solid in attack. Left centre is his for the season.

No disrespect to MoMo, I think he’s been great and excellent signing for us. But, right now, I’m not sure he even makes the Reserve grade in the centre’s?!? That team is also flying!!

Crazy how good this club is going. So good

Latest posts