What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Origin II - QLD 0-26 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sphagnum

Coach
Sam Friday just gets fkn baked and goes on tv

giphy.gif

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Saw a snippet of Paul Green whinging about Ronaldo not being allowed to play. He was saying something about Ronaldo's contracts all saying he was eligible for QLD, as if a line in some club contract makes everything OK. He really seemed to be clueless. Remember Qld selectors - pick & stick. I want to see Greeny keep coaching, & Feldt & Gapewell to keep being picked in the backline.

blaza88z

Coach
Saw a snippet of Paul Green whinging about Ronaldo not being allowed to play. He was saying something about Ronaldo's contracts all saying he was eligible for QLD, as if a line in some club contract makes everything OK. He really seemed to be clueless. Remember Qld selectors - pick & stick. I want to see Greeny keep coaching, & Feldt & Gapewell to keep being picked in the backline.

I think Green has made some terrible decisions with his team selections and he is in debt to Thurston for even being a premiership winning coach but the Mulitalo thing.. he played all his junior footy for QLD, it's not a scenario like James "Aussie Jim" Tamou

Reflector

Juniors
I expected Qld to charge hard for the first 20 minutes or so and maybe grab the opening try or two opening tries and then to be worn down and outlasted by the Blues around the hour mark. I figured that assuming the refereeing was going in their favour as it did in Game 1, I at least expected them to be "in it" on an effort level by that stage.

What I watched tonight felt a little surreal. Not surreal in a good way (like the last 30 seconds of the 2019 decider) or surreal in a bad way (like the last 30 minutes of Game 2, 2017) but just...not like what I normally expect to feel or see during an Origin match, for two reasons-

First, how quickly it actually felt "over". Qld put in something of an effort and looked a chance for the first 5 minutes- then you could just see the likes of Turbo and Latrell like tigers, hiding in the grass and eyeing the zebra. And once Qld realised that nothing they tried was phasing them, it was over. Qld just played like they didn't care anymore and didn't know each other, regardless of how out-gunned they were.

Second, how clinical and professional NSW were. It felt like watching the Maroons circa 2009-2011 where they play with the calm and precision that you see in a well-drilled NRL side. As a purist, I'd love to have seen this side pitted against some of those Qld teams in that 2006-11 period. As a Blue Blood- it's a pity Qld are so poor, because I think this current NSW squad (when pushed) could be capable of something really amazing besides just numbers on a scoreboard and I want to see that for the additional bragging rights. The Qld team was generally against better sides than this Qld side who tried harder, even if they didn't have the skill or organisation. I want this Blues team to rack up series wins, break records and (pointing to their opposition) go "we did it against THOSE guys. We earned it."

Awesome effort to leading 76-6 with a game to go and a single set of 6 to be played in the Home Of The 2021 State Of Origin Champions (TM). Maybe I am smug, in which case greetings to our Penrith brethren. I guess being cold and locked down thanks to the Bin Chicken (TM) isn't the worst thing when you can watch a quality football team who plays how you want them to, aye?

TL, DR:

Qld played like a bunch of individuals with no real plan or persistence, NSW played like a team with a plan and the arrogance to assume they'll get it done. I am somewhat faded, tunes playing and this one is on behalf of all the fine people of The Premier State.

blaza88z

Coach
Green is a poor man's Anthony Griffin with his obsession around Cowboys players

Molo and Feldt aren't up to it and Holmes offered nothing except giving the advertising boards a bit more exposure with his shit grubber kick amidst offering nothing else in attack

Then we got Hess in there at 18th man, give me a spell

Now it makes sense why they were inquiring about Taumalolo's eligibility before game 1

If he gets an NRL gig somewhere that club can look forward to an influx of Cowboy players from the 2015 team, what's Coops up to these days anyway?

Reflector

Juniors
That's the kind of shit the Northern Eagles payed Brett Kimmorley $750k a year for.

Well, maybe not all of that seeing as they folded and refused to pay him...but you get the idea.
Poor Noddy. I felt sorry for the way he was treated like a one-man saviour for the club when (in order to be successful) they needed so much more than just what was resting solely on his shoulders.

King hit

Coach
Poor Noddy. I felt sorry for the way he was treated like a one-man saviour for the club when (in order to be successful) they needed so much more than just what was resting solely on his shoulders.
The Northern Eagles

Would really like to know what they were thinking when putting that together. Who seriously thought putting hated rivals together would work.

aqua_duck

Coach
And he seemed completely perplexed when the reporter tried to clarify for him