What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Grapple

Bench
Haha yeah, it's just a minor aberration this COVID stuff.

Honestly, to hold an opinion like that, your IQ would not only be below your shoe size, but probably below your team's win column this season.

Yeah it's devastating mate. Absolutely devastating virus. So much #empathy.

šŸ˜‚ Wear your mask when you enter the restaurant, take it off when you sit down.

Grapple

Bench
Laugh at what? Do you understand people are losing their livelihoods during this Sydney lockdown. there are more cases today and it has been extended. It is alright for the public sector trendy left wing types who want to work from home in their pyjamas for the rest of their lives but some of us have to make a living.
What these Dragons idiots did was extend the lockdown and kick in the guts every honest Sydneysider who has a business or needs people to make money. There are people genuinely on the poverty line now due to these lockdowns and you reckon it is ok for these blokes to flaunt the rules and party like they are some how above the rest of US!~!! PLZ!

WE, the people of SYDNEY, deserve better from these muppets and Rugby League in general.

So why are you angry at Paul Vaughn and Co? Don't you see how ridiculous this shit is?

Amazing.

The_Frog

First Grade
First JDB was walking his dog past the house lol then he was hiding under a bed. Sounds like a quality human whose evidence in a court of law could be trusted 100%.
Lucky this didn't happen a couple of months back but I guess that's your point.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
If you wish to discuss COVID as a virus - lockdown efficacy, vaccine rollout etc please head to 4 Corners.

Keep this thread for discussion on NRL impacts only.
Reiterating this for those who haven't noticed.

This isn't a thread to debate whether the virus is real or whether public health responses or proportionate - to discuss that sort of stuff go to 4 Corners. Stick to NRL matters.

Apey

Staff member
Today I did something considered heresy in my family. I told my two sons that they were free to pick another NRL side to support, and that they could continue to live with us. No ramifications, no payback from Dad. I donā€™t want my boys going through another 40 years of perennial disappointment like I have. My 12-year-old says he wants to support the AFL sides and said ā€œDad, can I buy a Swans and a Giants jersey?ā€. I said ā€œno worries mateā€.

My oldest son said (and wait for it)ā€¦ā€Dad, I am so glad I donā€™t have to follow The Dragons anymore. Itā€™s embarrassing telling your mates who you followā€.

Anything less and, while I could never get behind another team, I will go off again and try and like AFL a little more. My younger son is starting to get into AFL and IU can see a whole generation of Sydneysiders turning on OUR CODE!!! Formerly this would be unheard of.

At what stage are supporters going to start organizing properly to turn things around at this Club and demand change? There are enough decent, experienced and educated people on this forum who need to galvanize and to understand (with the support of the NRL) how we can affect change from the BOD down. If there is a will there is a way.

I feel like I've been sitting on a fork since Bennett took off. When you look at the catastrophic decisions since 2008 it is bewildering that the same idiots (Doust, Young etc) are still employed:

i. Wayne Bennett wants a 5 year deal but Doust is only prepared to offer the 6 time premiership winning coach a 3 year deal. Great decision.

ii. The BOD appoints Steve Price as Bennett's successor (and extend his contract on Anzac Day no less). Great decision.

iii. The BOD having seen the error of their ways in appointing a rookie/novice coach in Steve Price; sack Price and appoint the vastly experienced, vastly credentialed Paul McGregor. AND/AND/AND they extend his contract not once...but wait for it twice, thereby making McGregor the longest standing coach in Dragons history. That means McGregor coaches for 7 years v Bennett coaching for 3 years. Now that makes for great reading. Great decision(s).

Riding this one out means riding out the BOD who are responsible for the litany of appalling decisions that have diminished our Club to that of a laughing stock. And yet they remain ensconced on the BOD.

Here is the dilemma. The Club is private and therefore it is almost impossible to remove the idiots on the BOD; and yet they administer the Club on behalf of the supporters and yet we have no say in their appointment. That is like entering a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back? Not much chance of winning.

Ryan Webbā€™s statement that there is not a culture problem at the club is clearly not correct and it needs to be met head on and addressed!

Their response in terms of the actions they have taken is entirely appropriate ā€“ but they need to talk about club culture - about what that means and what is expected of players, employees and the fans too! Thatā€™s how we will all start to change the ingrained acceptance of behaviours that are not appropriate!

Culturally we are shot. Complete absence of leadership. No respect for the law, community standards a global health crisis etc etc.

13 Players and we don't have a culture problem? WE all knew in advance that Hook had inherited a roster of self-absorbed players and this is sadly the proof.

That said, I'm concerned that even after they were told not to "party" due to the lock down restrictions (Hook involved in those directions), they did anyway. Itā€™s been said on here before, would it have happened if Bellamy was coach? Further, two players that know Him from the past, Macguire and Beale, didn't show him much respect with their actions in this.

Either way, don't believe the sacking of Vaughn was enough....................the club supported de Belin for 2 and a half years against immense criticism, to be repaid by this, including initially lying to the club, same for Norman and the other guy not be 're upped' in Dufty.

Until and unless Gordon, Doust, Young and others are removed and a new constitution and governance regime is implemented we the supporters are going to be sitting on forks for years and years to come.

pretty tricky from a legal perspective. Note that the NRL didnā€™t cancel his contract, so if Iā€™m his lawyer, I reckon Iā€™d be confident of getting a contract registered.

What Vaughn did was monumentally stupid, but Rugby League does seem to attract stupid people and that's why my sons want OUT! Matt Lodge, Russell Packer, the various wife bashers, Carney, Pearce and the Australian captain speeding while DUI. Itā€™s a long list when you get started.

In some ways the Sydney lockdown has been soft. Lockdown lite if you wish, we can still go down the beach and surf.

Many of us are grateful that we donā€™t have to endure what the Victorians did ā€“ curfews, handcuffs, very limited time outdoors strictly policed etc.

My sister lives down here and reckons old "Bleak City" was hell on earth for those 110 days of lockdown. Cops beating up on people who didn't wear masks as well.

But, of course, being in a more humane lockdown like Sydney relies on people taking it seriously and doing the right thing ā€“ in other words behaving like adults not brain-fading toddlers.

Obviously, as the lockdown is being extended for a week there are heaps of people out there doing what the footballers did who will not lose their jobs or reputations.

The driver bloke who kicked this all off by not being vaccinated, not wearing a mask or PPE is back at work, the public generally have no idea who he is and presumably never will. His future and reputation appear to be secure.
Ok

franklin2323

Immortal
Given that the bans have to be over min 2 weeks and max 4 the plan would have to be drop players for the manly and Souths games as they are sure losses and teams they are not competing with for 8th spot

They can't add players to the bubble so will need to go over 3 weeks

Pretty Penny

Juniors
To anyone who doesnt think it is a big deal, chewy on ya boot. This is the wrong time to think that being cool is more important than doing the right thing. And I laugh, I LAUGH, I..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha at that nupti who called me a Karen. Plz... have you no shame?!?!?

The whole of Sydney is in lockdown and businesses and people's livelihoods are genuinely grinding to a halt and you want to play that card??? Really??/ Jump into the room of mirrors and have a good look at yourself.

Simpletons such as yourself are incapable of identifying it , even though itā€™s under your ignorant nose .

It is the Culture of the entitled Man....

this is the problem with OUR society.

and you are entitled to NOTHING!!!

We are in lock down and The punishments and outrage are due to them putting the entire competition in jeopardy by breaching the rules that have been agreed to with the various state governments. They are only allowed to play because the clubs and NRL agreed to put in place these protocols. By showing flagrant disregard for the protocols, the players risked having the whole competition shut down which would be a complete disaster.

The other Dragons players are embarrassed that their names have been dragged into the mud so Vaughan and his posse didn't even regard their team mates let alone any average mug punter.

ā€œWe were told very clearly not to do anything silly, not to party, just to enjoy the moment (after the win over the Warriors) and go home,ā€ the anonymous player was quoted by WWOS.

ā€œThese blokes knew it was wrong but did it anyway and have blackened the name of the club.

ā€œWe have all been tarred with the same brush - Iā€™m embarrassed to be a Dragons rugby league player right now.

OzDragon

Coach
Yeah imma doubt that incredibly simple WWOS "anonymous dragons player" is actually from a player. More like a ploy to gain clicks/ad revenue

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hope Paul Vaughn finds a good team, a good forward that could be beneficial for other squads.

Ridiculous that he has lost his job. Amazing that there are so many Karen's out there that believe this bull shit. I would laugh at them but it's all too sad.

diPTKps.gif
Stupid people need lovin' too.

This Year?

Immortal
Yeah imma doubt that incredibly simple WWOS "anonymous dragons player" is actually from a player. More like a ploy to gain clicks/ad revenue
I wonder which Dragons hater from LU it could have been from? My guess is it's probably a Dragons fan on LU.
The most telling part of it is that only now the "anonymous player" is embarrassed.
So not embarrassed after losing against the Tigers twice or against the Bulldogs or the Sharks, but only now after half the team got busted going to a party on the sly?
FFS šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…

I wonder which Dragons hater from LU it could have been from? My guess is it's probably a Dragons fan on LU.
The most telling part of it is that only now the "anonymous player" is embarrassed.
So not embarrassed after losing against the Tigers twice or against the Bulldogs or the Sharks, but only now after half the team got busted going to a party on the sly?
FFS šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…

Its Journalism101. Stir up the fans to get yourself attentionā€¦

And whoā€™s the easiest fan base to stir up shit with and get their attentionā€¦

the Dragons of course!

This story will keep getting dragged out and out for all they can squeeze out of it. Truth is optionalā€¦ but clicks are a must..

STORM.99/07

Bench
The Dragons CEO has said the players were literally told in the dressing room after the game that with the bye next week, you would ordinarily go out and enjoy yourself, but unfortunately you canā€™t this week ā€“ and they did anyway. And this guy Jack De Belin who is a former rep player and a player and person who has been looked after, still couldnā€™t conjure up the gumption to go home to his partner ā€“ who has bewilderingly stood by him and young child.
And he didnā€™t stand there and cop it. He hid. Then he lied that he hid. He didnā€™t own up to it until all his team mates were going down. He clearly doesnā€™t care about ANYONE else.
They are all clowns, pond scum if that is what you want to call them; but De Belin is a complete and utter loser.
Poor jd he was out walking his dog and ended up under the bed. He's a victim again

Saxon

Bench
James Graham says:
ā€œIā€™m not trying to make excuses for the players but Iā€™m just trying to put it out there about how these things about how this situation arose.
ā€œAnd at no point I think they would have done this had the consequences have been put to them.ā€
Reminded that the consequences had been spelled out by Dragons officials, including coach Anthony Griffin, Graham added:
ā€œPeople do know the consequences for making mistakes in life but they still do them and until youā€™re dealing with the consequences itā€™s not as real.ā€

Good 0l' Earbiter; still as dumb as a box of hammers.

Latest posts