What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R23 Fri - Penrith 25-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 23: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
Really interesting work Jono. Is there a post somewhere that explains how the model works in more detail?
Thank you, and @The_Frog !

Not really, not yet anyway.

Without going in full detail this is basically what it's simulating;

- Players, each rated by me from 0-100. Not an easy task when trying to keep things even and fair since 2006! So there's some bias here but I do my best to reflect each player and team's performance each year.
- Real life team scoring data
- Home Ground Advantage - this has been thrown out the window for the most part this year
- Form - this is a random value, so the form bars you see in the images are not reflective of real life form, it's just the form of the player for that particular simulation

Pretty bare explanation but that's basically it.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Souths to win and start the panthers slide into mediocrity

You may be right, you may be wrong but what I do know is that watching the Broncos slide into mediocrity or just being plain shit the past two years has been glorious and I'm enjoying it while it lasts, just like Penrith's winning habit.

Fun Fact for the forum: Nathan Cleary hasn't lost a game of Rugby League yet in 2021.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You may be right, you may be wrong but what I do know is that watching the Broncos slide into mediocrity or just being plain shit the past two years has been glorious and I'm enjoying it while it lasts, just like Penrith's winning habit.

Fun Fact for the forum: Nathan Cleary hasn't lost a game of Rugby League yet in 2021.

Oh we suck no doubt
You know it’s pretty good fun
Just in the short term anyway

BunniesMan

Immortal
The game of the regular season. 2 of the 3 remaining teams who can win the comp. I predict the winner of this will play Melbourne in the big dance.

The game of the regular season. 2 of the 3 remaining teams who can win the comp. I predict the winner of this will play Melbourne in the big dance.
I predict whichever of these two teams pick up the least injuries/suspensions between now and the 2/3 game in the first week of the finals will play Melbourne in the GF. The other playing them in the Prelim (sorry if that is a dirty word Bunnies fans!!)

The_Frog

First Grade
If your team is lower then PENRITH on the table then you aren't allowed to predict them to lose, that is just sour grapes.
The problem is clearly fans of formerly great clubs who aren't so great any longer, resenting the team that has taken their place.

Both yourself and Chump predicted much more than the outcome of one game.

roofromoz

First Grade

What if the Storms get eliminated by say an 89th minute field goal in the preliminary final?

roofromoz

First Grade
If your team is lower then PENRITH on the table then you aren't allowed to predict them to lose, that is just sour grapes.

GlassElementaryGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, my kids have been watching a lot of Teen Titans Go during the lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.