What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Souths v Dragons right now reminds me of the time I first started to go for Souths.. absolutely second rate team and given no chance. Still supported no matter what lol

no murray
No walker
No cook
No reynolds
No koloamantangi

Rabbitsglory

Juniors
Our team to beat the immature panthers

Aj
Milne
Gagai
Graham
Paulo
Walker
Reynolds
Nichols
Cook
Tatola
Keon
Arrow
Murray
Benji
Burgess
Host
Sua
Taffe 18th man

We can do this play with quick line speed and be disciplined and play the full 80 minutes.

Cmin boys

callmack1

Staff member
My latest mail, call it a rumour, because this is just a mate on the inside i talk to weekly, cheekam has signed.
Yes, it sounds likely. I think you're mail will be correct. Madge apparenty confirmed yesterday he's departing the Tigers.

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph,

Mitchell impact still positive despite it ending his Season

Danny Weidler

September 5, 2021 — 5.00am

The Latrell Mitchell who spoke to 1050 kids on Zoom on Tuesday was a far cry from the one media outlets had portrayed for the previous 72 hours.

This Mitchell was freely sharing his life experiences and offering life advice, just days after his darkest hour as a footballer. Mitchell had left friend and former teammate Joey Manu with a broken cheekbone on Friday, for which he was hit with a season-ending suspension, but spent time talking to kids doing it tough.

It came at the same time as his parents were moving into a house he bought for them in Taree.

These facts don’t sit well with the hysterical commentary surrounding Mitchell that poured out of the Twitter sewer and into the pages of usually reputable media outlets in the days after the match. The personal attacks on him are not worth repeating. They are also misdirected, given his upstanding off-field behaviour in dealing with the consequences of a brain snap on the field.

I’m not close to Mitchell, even though I’ve tried to forge a relationship. We talk when I see him, usually with a microphone in my hand. He doesn’t return my calls. We are not at loggerheads, nor are we friends.

To say I’m sticking up for his on-field actions is wrong. Mitchell should have been sent off. He deserved the six-week ban but to say he was trying to deliberately hurt Manu, as some have, is just plain wrong.

He is an aggressive footballer who is happy to treat everyone as his enemy on the field – just ask Queensland’s Dane Gagai, his Souths teammate, who Mitchell terrorised during this year’s State of Origin. Those bagging Mitchell for the Manu hit were the same praising him as he imposed himself on the interstate series.

He must learn how to best use his considerable power, because it has the potential to see him become a great of the game or shorten his career. I’d love to see his career play out over a decade or more, because he is important to the game – as his community work illustrates.

On Tuesday morning, he spoke with 1050 kids participating in Souths Cares programs on a video call. During his day off, he spent close to an hour talking to the kids and answering their questions about football and life.

He talked about what it took for him to reach the NRL, about setting small goals to reach bigger ones; he told them about the importance of respecting your parents and teachers. He emphasised finding time to still be a kid and have fun, and encouraged kids to chase their dreams.

He talked about the pride he has in representing his club, state and country but that he is most proud of representing the Indigenous All Stars because of what it means to his family (unfortunately, the NRL has ruled him out of next year’s All Stars clash due to his suspension).

He spoke about playing for South Sydney just as his dad Matt did, and about his greatest achievement: bringing up his two daughters.

“He’s such a humble man that has achieved so much at his age,” Alisha Parker-Elrez, general manager of Souths Cares, said. “He’s 24 years old, achieved so much on and off the field, but the highlight of his week was his parents moving into the house that he’s bought for them. He’s the first to check in with people if they are having a tough time, no matter what’s happening with him.

“He’s the most humble high-profile person at his age that I’ve come across in the NRL. He could have pulled out of this Zoom conference, but he rang me and said, ‘I’m committed to talking to these kids and I want to give back as much as I can’.

“We’ve talked regularly about how he can help Souths Cares during this time, and he is committed to giving back to the community.”

On the call, Mitchell said he’d had a rough few days but that it was nothing compared to what kids in NSW are dealing with in lockdown, not being able to get out and see family and friends.

He encouraged them to talk to the people they love and respect if they are feeling down.

Those who were on the call say he was humble, respectful and that he had clearly learnt that his football isn’t the most important thing to come from his NRL career.

handyman2190

Bench
From the Daily Telegraph,

Mitchell impact still positive despite it ending his Season

Danny Weidler

September 5, 2021 — 5.00am

The Latrell Mitchell who spoke to 1050 kids on Zoom on Tuesday was a far cry from the one media outlets had portrayed for the previous 72 hours.

This Mitchell was freely sharing his life experiences and offering life advice, just days after his darkest hour as a footballer. Mitchell had left friend and former teammate Joey Manu with a broken cheekbone on Friday, for which he was hit with a season-ending suspension, but spent time talking to kids doing it tough.

It came at the same time as his parents were moving into a house he bought for them in Taree.

These facts don’t sit well with the hysterical commentary surrounding Mitchell that poured out of the Twitter sewer and into the pages of usually reputable media outlets in the days after the match. The personal attacks on him are not worth repeating. They are also misdirected, given his upstanding off-field behaviour in dealing with the consequences of a brain snap on the field.

I’m not close to Mitchell, even though I’ve tried to forge a relationship. We talk when I see him, usually with a microphone in my hand. He doesn’t return my calls. We are not at loggerheads, nor are we friends.

To say I’m sticking up for his on-field actions is wrong. Mitchell should have been sent off. He deserved the six-week ban but to say he was trying to deliberately hurt Manu, as some have, is just plain wrong.

He is an aggressive footballer who is happy to treat everyone as his enemy on the field – just ask Queensland’s Dane Gagai, his Souths teammate, who Mitchell terrorised during this year’s State of Origin. Those bagging Mitchell for the Manu hit were the same praising him as he imposed himself on the interstate series.

He must learn how to best use his considerable power, because it has the potential to see him become a great of the game or shorten his career. I’d love to see his career play out over a decade or more, because he is important to the game – as his community work illustrates.

On Tuesday morning, he spoke with 1050 kids participating in Souths Cares programs on a video call. During his day off, he spent close to an hour talking to the kids and answering their questions about football and life.

He talked about what it took for him to reach the NRL, about setting small goals to reach bigger ones; he told them about the importance of respecting your parents and teachers. He emphasised finding time to still be a kid and have fun, and encouraged kids to chase their dreams.

He talked about the pride he has in representing his club, state and country but that he is most proud of representing the Indigenous All Stars because of what it means to his family (unfortunately, the NRL has ruled him out of next year’s All Stars clash due to his suspension).

He spoke about playing for South Sydney just as his dad Matt did, and about his greatest achievement: bringing up his two daughters.

“He’s such a humble man that has achieved so much at his age,” Alisha Parker-Elrez, general manager of Souths Cares, said. “He’s 24 years old, achieved so much on and off the field, but the highlight of his week was his parents moving into the house that he’s bought for them. He’s the first to check in with people if they are having a tough time, no matter what’s happening with him.

“He’s the most humble high-profile person at his age that I’ve come across in the NRL. He could have pulled out of this Zoom conference, but he rang me and said, ‘I’m committed to talking to these kids and I want to give back as much as I can’.

“We’ve talked regularly about how he can help Souths Cares during this time, and he is committed to giving back to the community.”

On the call, Mitchell said he’d had a rough few days but that it was nothing compared to what kids in NSW are dealing with in lockdown, not being able to get out and see family and friends.

He encouraged them to talk to the people they love and respect if they are feeling down.

Those who were on the call say he was humble, respectful and that he had clearly learnt that his football isn’t the most important thing to come from his NRL career.
Trell is a gentleman, a gentle giant off the field and a tyro aggressive player on it, he should be proud of himself. The mistake made on the field was unfortunate, and a little careless and in no way intentional.

Steenson123

Juniors
F off u idiot
Is this the 2nd or3rd time youve posted this to stir the pot,we cant and wont afford him.
You are correct. Who ever this imbecile is he is a nuisance, a bane to humanity. He sarcastically goes on about The USSR, - whom incidentally won WWII not the Yanquis who have lost most of their wars - when there are MANY regimes that disallow women and men to dress normally, have most of their labour force comprised of imported 4th World slaves [Saudi regime is about 66%!], conduct vivisectionist terror and mass murder in many countries and whose Olympic medal tally is about Zero. Great work yet these regimes meet with no comments eh Marshall MALAKA!!

handyman2190

Bench
In my opinion i think its better to recruit from strong teams like in the top 10, even 2nd graders that come from a strong structure and successful system would be better than from bottom 4 teams.
I also think pinching a forward from cronullas reserves would of been better,chee kam had a miserable error ridden game today,defence was F

BradS

Juniors
Don’t know about you guys but I don’t understand why Campbell is not at fullback

tall, lanky, good under the high ball, good defensively and can be replaced by Taane or Burns in the centres

Wayne obviously sees something we don’t but I don’t think moving there would be a mistake

Jim Rockford

Bench
Don’t know about you guys but I don’t understand why Campbell is not at fullback

tall, lanky, good under the high ball, good defensively and can be replaced by Taane or Burns in the centres

Wayne obviously sees something we don’t but I don’t think moving there would be a mistake
Not a bad idea. I think Campbell would make a damn good fist of it at fullback. I have to go with whatever Wayne decides though, I totally trust his judgement.

handyman2190

Bench

Weaken 1 position ? I dont think he has ever played FB and unless u have positional play is very important, AJ played FB in all his juniors