What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
While Reynolds missing Round 1 does make our chances of winning a bit better, it is kind of a shame because it does take away from the spectacle of the game a bit. Oh well, at least now his first game against us will be on our turf in Sydney so the fans can give him a proper farewell.

Rabbitohs Join Reclaim the Game: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/03/03/rabbitohs-join-reclaim-the-game/

Well done Souths for doing this!

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
While Reynolds missing Round 1 does make our chances of winning a bit better, it is kind of a shame because it does take away from the spectacle of the game a bit. oh well, at least now his first game against us will be on our turf in Sydney so the fans can give him a proper farewell.

Rabbitohs Join Reclaim the Game: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/03/03/rabbitohs-join-reclaim-the-game/

Well done Souths for doing this!
Serves the NRL right for being exploitative when doing the draw.
Bet they ate gonna pump the crap out of promoting the Roosters matchup

Rabbits20

Immortal
Brisbane Broncos news: Star recruit Adam Reynolds Covid fears ahead of NRL round one
Adam Reynolds has spoken for the first time since his shock Covid diagnosis, revealing his return date and how the club will cover his absence.
Peter Badel
March 3, 2022 - 3:10PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

New Brisbane skipper Adam Reynolds has spoken of his frustration at being a passenger at Red Hill after a shock Covid diagnosis delivered a hammer blow to his much-hyped Broncos debut.

Reynolds confirmed he is out of Brisbane’s blockbuster season-opener against Souths on Friday week after contracting Covid in a disastrous build-up for the Broncos ahead of their Suncorp spectacular.

Marquee recruit Reynolds is the playmaking jewel in Brisbane’s crown this season and the Broncos were relishing the prospect of unleashing their $2.4 million halfback in round one against his former Rabbitohs club.

But Reynolds’ debut in Broncos colours has gone down in flames for another week, compounding a horror pre-season for the 31-year-old, who has missed Brisbane’s three trials due to “general soreness”.

The Broncos desperately need Reynolds on the park this season to have any hope of playing finals football and the newly-minted captain rued his luck as he braced for a grudge match with the Souths club he steered to last year’s grand final.

“I feel the same as everyone else,” Reynolds said.

"The most disappointing thing is I won’t run out in round one. I was really looking forward to running onto Suncorp Stadium before a packed crowd.

"The members and fans have been really welcoming towards me since I got here and I want to start playing some football and give back to them.

"I am dying to get out there and play for the club, it’s been on my mind for a while wanting to put that Broncos jumper on, but it’s not meant to be.

“Round two has to be the goal now.”

Reynolds is the fifth Bronco to fall to Covid in the past week, with Kobe Hetherington to also miss the Souths clash, while Herbie Farnworth, Tyson Gamble and Albert Kelly must be cleared by Brisbane medicos to play round one.

The loss of Reynolds leaves Brisbane’s scrumbase options in disarray, with Broncos coach Kevin Walters set to decide between Kelly, Billy Walters and Gamble as his halves pairing for the Rabbitohs showdown.

The Broncos had confirmed Reynolds and forward teammate Hetherington were sent home from training on Wednesday after reporting minor flu-like symptoms.

It is understood Reynolds initially tested negative using a Rapid Antigen Test, but when Hetherington was deemed positive, the Broncos skipper was sent for a follow-up PCR test.

Reynolds revealed his PCR test came back positive, forcing him to join Hetherington by isolating for a seven-day period – ruling the duo out of Brisbane’s critical opening hitout against the grand finalists at Suncorp.

“I actually don’t feel too bad,” he said. "I feel like I could play, but the NRL rules are there for the protection of players so we have to abide by them.

"I had an itchy throat yesterday. I actually tested negative on the RAT, but because Kobe Hethington tested positive, we decided to get a PCR test.

"A few of the boys went down (with Covid) in Mackay, so we decided to play it safe.

“I had the PCR test and it came back positive (on Thursday morning), which rules me out for round one which is disappointing.”

Without Reynolds, the Broncos will start as rank outsiders with bookmakers for the Rabbitohs clash.

News Corp understands Walters and Kelly are the frontrunners to start at Brisbane’s scrumbase, with the Broncos reluctant to throw teenage playmaker Ezra Mam into the Suncorp furnace at such a young age.

“There’s a few of us out with Covid. There’s not many guys left in the halves,” Reynolds said.

"Myself, Albert Kelly and Tyson Gamble have got Covid in the last few days, so we’re a bit thin at the moment, but we’ll make do, we won’t have any excuses going into round one.

"Every team will face these Covid challenges during the year and it’s just a matter of how we deal with it.

https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/b...e/news-story/42e7c9f97ca11ee4d767fdb49d938828

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Roosters
4. Eels
5. Manly
6. Rabbitohs
7. Sharks
8. Raiders
9. Titans
10. Dragons
11. Broncos
12. Knights
13. Warriors
14. Bulldogs
15. Tigers
16. Cowboys

My updated predicted ladder
I've got Manly in the top 4, Souths anywhere between 5th and 8th but I'll go 6th with Eels @ 5th, Sharks, Titans, Dragons to fight out the other spots

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've got Manly in the top 4, Souths anywhere between 5th and 8th but I'll go 6th with Eels @ 5th, Sharks, Titans, Dragons to fight out the other spots
I’ve been told by many I’m far too negative for saying 5th or 6th and I tell em im just being realistic there is too many thinking with their heart and what they want to happen rather than thinking with their heads,

handyman2190

Bench
The merge giving flanagan a job in recruitment is exactly what ive been saying we need, i think we have stagnated, and its not doing us any good

truthslayer

Juniors
I agree, I do not believe staff and players have the mindset to finish outside the top 2 . They are in it to win it and the usual bed wetters always with lower expectations, not sure if this is a fail-safe trait or what. Always looking for miracle buys and not backing the younger guys to take over from a lame adam Reynolds, Jayden Sua who a lot wanted to drop at various times last year, and one real loss Gagai who indeed may be carrying an injury. I am with you Souths No 1

callmack1

Staff member
It's all the real that makes Rugby League so unreal: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/04/its-all-the-real-that-makes-rugby-league-so-unreal/

NRL's $1m superstars headline new TV ad campaign: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/7032911cba8cac90616bb71fa827c7e7

Rabbitohs statement regarding NRL breach notice and fine: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...atement-regarding-nrl-breach-notice-and-fine/

Glad to have this matter resolved once and for all. Not the worst outcome for Sam and the club so I'm happy.

big hit!

Bench
The merge giving flanagan a job in recruitment is exactly what ive been saying we need, i think we have stagnated, and its not doing us any good

So this comes to down to a philosophy.

Clubs like Canterbury at the moment are clearly recruiting ready-made players who have had their NRL starts elsewhere. Their success in the past was not built on this though.

St merge are a mix with some great talent past and present in the Illawarra nursery topped up with the some buys in the off-season.

Penrith are practically wholly-built within which is the best way to establish a club in terms of player attachment to the joint and cost within the salary cap.

From what we've seen over the past couple of years, Souths are leaning towards the Penrith model. To be successful here, recruitment is important at the 15-21 year old age group, not established stars. No doubt, the topping up with some guys in their prime is important - Arrow anyone? - but you can't spend $800k on every new signing. Which is why you want good players in your club as 15-21 year olds.

handyman2190

Bench
So this comes to down to a philosophy.

Clubs like Canterbury at the moment are clearly recruiting ready-made players who have had their NRL starts elsewhere. Their success in the past was not built on this though.

St merge are a mix with some great talent past and present in the Illawarra nursery topped up with the some buys in the off-season.

Penrith are practically wholly-built within which is the best way to establish a club in terms of player attachment to the joint and cost within the salary cap.

From what we've seen over the past couple of years, Souths are leaning towards the Penrith model. To be successful here, recruitment is important at the 15-21 year old age group, not established stars. No doubt, the topping up with some guys in their prime is important - Arrow anyone? - but you can't spend $800k on every new signing. Which is why you want good players in your club as 15-21 year olds.
I agree with your view which is what im actually talking about, poaching youngsters with a salt and pepper of established

Lawman

Juniors
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
Sam has been cleared? The $30,000 Fine must have been having Cocaine in his system,while he was driving an Unregistered Car,as he was caught by the Police.Soft Penalty,when you can consider,he could have easily killed someone on the road.Remember Mobile WillyGate?George Burgess basically said,Sammy not the Smartest Bloke Around.Still in Denial,lucky South's paid off the Woman to leave the Country.He should buy himself a Lottery Ticket,that he was a well known "Sportsman".

southsport

First Grade
Sam has been cleared? The $30,000 Fine must have been having Cocaine in his system,while he was driving an Unregistered Car,as he was caught by the Police.Soft Penalty,when you can consider,he could have easily killed someone on the road.Remember Mobile WillyGate?George Burgess basically said,Sammy not the Smartest Bloke Around.Still in Denial,lucky South's paid off the Woman to leave the Country.He should buy himself a Lottery Ticket,that he was a well known "Sportsman".
bb4d54dbccc1dd6020655f14e8bdfb26.jpg1f92fc8764a9a6d174279543f45a492c.jpg

handyman2190

Bench
Souths never paid off the woman to leave the country,prove it!! Your a dribbler that sprouts BS go back to were u came from your so full

Latest posts