What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v The Saddle Club

snickers007

Juniors
The hair pull was weird.

Should have been no try and Penrith penalty.
10 in the bin as well, preventing the tackled player playing the ball in front of the sticks.

Good advantage played by the ref. Foul play is one of the few things you can go back a play or two if the advantage doesn't play out.

Good discipline from Luai to not escalate it too. In the past that's something we would have fired up about and blown the opportunity.

Wouldn't have been mad if the merkin had been binned after the try was scored though.

hindy111

Post Whore
From my view Penrith where not near their best but won easily.
Sorrenson was excellent. This was a NSW cup level guy who has been transformed into a very good NRL player.
For mine the most encouraging was Spencer. Best game I have seen him play in the NRL. If he is able to build on that and perform attract level it changes the forward packs dynamics. He has the potential to be the biggest weapon off the bench.

Kikau made some strong carries. But I still find his defense a little loose. I could be wrong but I feel like it's hidden in a very good side that has the opposition gassed for a large part of the game. Will be interesting how he goes at the Dogs tbh. He will be targeted.

Cleary kicking game was back to its best.

Staines was very good and if dropped when Too is back he will feel hard done by. Mays form is just electric.

You guys should knock the Raiders off at home but the next home game you take on the Eels. Should be a cracker. I hope we have a few more options in the backline. Waqa was in beast mode prior to injury.

I did think Penrith would drop back this year. Early signs are they are still getting better.

Salmon does a job. I dont get the bagging. He would be on min wage and is doing what is asked. Save the bagging for guys on the big dollars under performing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Haha no. Handy first grader but that's about it

I rate him very high. Just in a terrible side. Kotoni is awesome as well.
NSW has so much talent in that spot.

Burton,Critchton,Lomax,Kotoni,Best,Tago,Penisini. That is some brilliant talent for kids under 23.....
Who is the pick? So hard to rate them. All are explosive and talented.

hindy111

Post Whore
Your off your head. Breakfast beers hindy??

He plays for the Dragons. How would some of these other young guys look in that side? I rate him very high and I stand by my opinion that he is the current top centre in game. Or atleast top 3.

hindy111

Post Whore
What people need to understand is guys in weak sides.
Burton looks like hot garbage now. JAC looks a shadow of himself. Both are NSW level players. Imagine them both in your side.
Lomax is forced to overplay his hand. The dragons are always chasing points and have backs against the wall. He has to take risks

hindy111

Post Whore
Lomax tackle efficiency is over 90% for the last 2 seasons in a side that's been constantly ripped to pieces.
Find a better defensive centre in the comp......

soc123_au

Staff member
What people need to understand is guys in weak sides.
Burton looks like hot garbage now. JAC looks a shadow of himself. Both are NSW level players. Imagine them both in your side.
Lomax is forced to overplay his hand. The dragons are always chasing points and have backs against the wall. He has to take risks
He does a pretty good Hook impersonation.

Girds89

Bench
Manu is clear best centre in the game.
Daylight 2nd

Staggs will be as good as manu or better if he can consistently perform at a level like the last two weeks.. manu has been doing freakish things and performing every week for the chooks for 4+ years.

After them theres a whole bunch that are pretty even really.

Gagai
Critta
Olam
Lomax
Campbell graham

Those guys are all pretty even.

Under them but pretty close you have
Bradman best
Ramien

Than the rest are a fair level below.

A bloke like james roberts is probably the biggest let down. He really shouldve been one of the best centres in the game. Mental health and grog and being in downright shit teams havent helped his career.

Cant help but feel hes really wasted hes skills. He couldve been anything..

Smug Panther

First Grade
Manu is clear best centre in the game.
Daylight 2nd

Staggs will be as good as manu or better if he can consistently perform at a level like the last two weeks.. manu has been doing freakish things and performing every week for the chooks for 4+ years.

After them theres a whole bunch that are pretty even really.

Gagai
Critta
Olam
Lomax
Campbell graham

Those guys are all pretty even.

Under them but pretty close you have
Bradman best
Ramien

Than the rest are a fair level below.

A bloke like james roberts is probably the biggest let down. He really shouldve been one of the best centres in the game. Mental health and grog and being in downright shit teams havent helped his career.

Cant help but feel hes really wasted hes skills. He couldve been anything..
Yeah Manu is probably wasted at centre, should be playing fullback somewhere

Iamback

Coach
Was brilliant the whole game.

4 tries from 6 games.

Starting a playing big minutes every week and hes been really good.

Hes not kiks, never will be an x factor 2nd rower. He just does hes role very very good every week.

He missed 4 tackles all of which was in the 1st 20 mins. The time @Munky posted that was at that time.

He did improve but early on he and the side as a whole was off