What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

TooheysNew

Coach
I would not discount Milford staying if it works well for everyone. It is unlikely yes, but if he and Ponga combine well and we start winning more than we lose then Anthony may consider it. Money not being crazy though. He has plenty yet to prove.
He's already signed for next year isn't he?

Jono078

Referee
Re: Signing Munster now.

I'm not for that. Because then you have too much of your cap tangled up in 2 players. It was always ever going to be Ponga or Munster and we've chosen Ponga (well mostly Ponga chose us in this instance).

I wouldn't be expecting Milford to stay here either. Would be a wicked turn of events if he kills it and stays with us though! Genuinely something to be excited about if he can find his 2015 form.

Yosh

Coach
We always seem to have an unbalanced squad. Talent wise it's always been thin but we have seasons where we have a lot of forward depth but have no cover in the outside backs. Or this season where we have some real quality outside backs in the reserves but only 1 first grade quality wide backrower...

Hopefully, we can build a solid 30 man roster, that isn't just top heavy.

Jono078

Referee
We always seem to have an unbalanced squad. Talent wise it's always been thin but we have seasons where we have a lot of forward depth but have no cover in the outside backs. Or this season where we have some real quality outside backs in the reserves but only 1 first grade quality wide backrower...

Hopefully, we can build a solid 30 man roster, that isn't just top heavy.
Now that Ponga is settled, I'd really like to see the Knights really go after some players and announce some signings within the next month or so.

We KNOW Ponga is here. We KNOW Barnett is not. We STILL have Pearce's cap space to utilise.

There's no reason we can't announce 4 really solid signings soon. If we don't do it soon then we'll start missing out. Gotta use the Ponga re-signing to our advantage while it's hot and compound the good that's happening!

Do we know who else doesn't have a contract for next year? I keep thinking this is Klemmer's last year with us..

Now that Ponga is settled, I'd really like to see the Knights really go after some players and announce some signings within the next month or so.

We KNOW Ponga is here. We KNOW Barnett is not. We STILL have Pearce's cap space to utilise.

There's no reason we can't announce 4 really solid signings soon. If we don't do it soon then we'll start missing out. Gotta use the Ponga re-signing to our advantage while it's hot and compound the good that's happening!

Do we know who else doesn't have a contract for next year? I keep thinking this is Klemmer's last year with us..
for us or other clubs?

Off contract for Us in 2022:

Phoenix Crossland, Edrick Lee, Anthony Milford, Jirah Momoisea, Brayden Musgrove, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Sauaso Sue

Off contract at other clubs Id be looking at:

Briton Nikora is one that is unsigned for2023 that i want us to have a crack at

Ese'Ese we could get back for cheap

Ryan Matterson

Sean O'Sullivan

Billy Burns

Angus Crichton

Jock Madden

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
We all know Ponga has the talent to be one of the best players in the game. The problem has been his application and desire (and maybe injuries). If he can get those attributes to anywhere near his skill level now that this has been sorted, he'll be worth every cent of that $1 million. If he can't, well... it sucks to be us, as per usual.

Jono078

Referee
for us or other clubs?

Off contract for Us in 2022: Phoenix Crossland, Edrick Lee, Anthony Milford, Jirah Momoisea, Brayden Musgrove, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Sauaso Sue

Briton Nikora is one that is unsigned for2023 that i want us to have a crack at
Cheers!

Not a bad off-contract list at all!!

Of those I think you potentially hang on to Lee, Milford and Sasagi. The rest I'm happy to move on from and I'd be positive we'd find better replacements.

Don't know enough about Nikora but I wouldn't doubt he'd instantly be a better option than those off-contract there.

Apey

Staff member

perverse

Referee
lol, that's just a straight up sour grapes leak from the Dolphins team. Boo f**king hoo.

Pays to keep in mind that none of this circus whatsoever is coming from Kalyn himself.

aqua_duck

Coach

PhilGould

Bench

Full press conference

mozza91

Coach
The Dolphins and especially Bennett can get f**ked.
Nice to see Bulldog Ritchie standing by his BS story. His hack journo mates will undoubtedly back him up.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
The Dolphins are f**king insane for leaking that convo.. What does it achieve for them? Now anyone that deals with them won't have trust they won't leak something if they don't get their way.

They didn't think that through too well..
was thinking the same, very poor form to release a private conversation like that.

The story shouldnt be about Andre , the story should be about the low life that gave a private sms to the media.

Latest posts