What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

Smug Panther

First Grade
Kikau has surely has a few points in the bank for being suspended for a final a few years ago for tackling too hard

skeepe

Immortal
Seriously, no charge for Nathan Cleary's shoulder to the head of Kalyn Ponga?

The MRC are an absolute f**king joke. It was a dangerous hit that left Ponga concussed but not even a f**king grade 1 charge?

I'm so goddamn sick and tired of Penrith being protected f**king species at the judiciary. Time after time they maim players with illegal acts and get away with it. It's beyond a joke.

They play such a dirty, negative game and they get away with it. It's bullshit.

Smug Panther

First Grade

The MRC are an absolute f**king joke. It was a dangerous hit that left Ponga concussed but not even a f**king grade 1 charge?

I'm so goddamn sick and tired of Penrith being protected f**king species at the judiciary. Time after time they maim players with illegal acts and get away with it. It's beyond a joke.

Wanna f**k?

Mr. Shaman

First Grade

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

ACTPanthers

Bench

1656373396380.png

Just because I think you can be more angry...

forby

Juniors
Skeepe, you have really lost the plot! You really can’t stand the fact that the Raiders are a second rate team compared to Penrith and the Storm.
Get rid of the blinkers, see the light, embrace the truth, and join the Panthers!

hrundi99

First Grade
Cleary's shoulder hits Ponga's jaw.

Papalii got weeks for the same contact. Hence the confusion...

Someguy

First Grade
Cleary hit on ponga was the text book example of what the NRL was supposedly trying stamp out of our game. Crichton on Munster was clumsy but worthy of a fine given it is similar to a prowler tackle in the ease at which it can damage a player.

Cook charge was fine imo, hit was illegal but not done in a dangerous fashion.

Jurbo deserved a minor charge for his clumsy lifting tackle

Last edited:

Black Panther

Juniors
Geez, now we want to penalise a player for a great tackle. Can’t help but think it’s sour grapes from other teams fans when it comes to Penrith especially now after the GF victory..
Never did he attack the head of Ponga, or did he go in high. Every tackle there is incidental contact with other players heads or neck, we might as well just stop playing.
Suspending players is for deliberate foul play or malice..
On that reasoning alone, how did Murray end up bleeding from his head/ear erea yet Felipe Kaufusi has no charge to answer?
Oh that’s right, he doesn’t play for Penrith so no one whinges.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Geez, now we want to penalise a player for a great tackle. Can’t help but think it’s sour grapes from other teams fans when it comes to Penrith especially now after the GF victory..
Never did he attack the head of Ponga, or did he go in high. Every tackle there is incidental contact with other players heads or neck, we might as well just stop playing.
Suspending players is for deliberate foul play or malice..
On that reasoning alone, how did Murray end up bleeding from his head/ear erea yet Felipe Kaufusi has no charge to answer?
Oh that’s right, he doesn’t play for Penrith so no one whinges.
Cleanskin Kaufusi

Saxon

Bench
"I didn't mean to" is not a valid defence.

To be fair, the Crichton hit on Munster was more egregious than Cleary's, never looked like having any other outcome
What gave me the shits about that was Luke Patten's piss poor attempt to justify no charge.
“When Stephen Crichton joins the tackle he appears to be trying to wrap, but his space is taken by another defender”.
The stupid merkin's eyes must be painted on. There's no attempt to wrap - he deliberately moves his right arm AWAY from Munster before the hit; deliberately driving upward with the shoulder.

Not a surprise I guess. Patten was only average as a player and rubbish as a ref. Continuing the trend, he's obviously just an oxygen thief as MRC commissioner.

Last edited:

Latest posts