What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Snoochies

First Grade
Is Ciraldo another possible Stephen Kearney move? Yeah, he's assistant to the best team in the comp like Kearney was, didn't end too well. I can't quite remember what this place was saying about Kearney when he first came here, is it similar to Ciraldo?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is Ciraldo another possible Stephen Kearney move? Yeah, he's assistant to the best team in the comp like Kearney was, didn't end too well. I can't quite remember what this place was saying about Kearney when he first came here, is it similar to Ciraldo?

and BA was Bellyache's assistant

Ciraldo is a gamble right now, may pay off and also may not

oldmancraigy

Coach
We've tried a couple of novice head coaches with Sticky for one season in between. It hasn't produced the result we crave. With that in mind and the fact that I believe our problem is temperament not talent, I'd go Flanagan for 2 years...

I like the idea of giving Flanagan 2 years.
He had some success as a club builder at the sharks as well, he may be better at the development pathway side than we expect.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ciraldo is my first choice. If he fails you punt him after 3yrs. And go again.

Flanagan would be also up there. He is proven.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Swap Holbrook for Brthur. Win/win. They both have their positives and negatives and both need a new challenge. Change is required.
Lets not forget how The Cows went last year. Worst D if I recall. One year can make a huge difference. Will anything change if we continue as is?
Kidwell gone was a great opportunity to bring in a Seibold etc, but no, we decide not to hire anyone. Why is this? Crazy.
Our roster needs guidance to change what only works sometimes to something consistent. Do our players enjoy playing BA style footy? I wonder at times.

strider

Post Whore
If Payten was to bail on the Cowboys at this point, would you have concerns he is a bit of a mercinary?

strider

Post Whore
Would we care about getting a mercenary in if it won us a comp?
You could say Bennett is one, who would have turned him down as a coaching option
Yeah i dunno. Just asking ..... maybe its no biggy. Cowboys fans might be unimpressed. We would be fine, unless he bails in another 2 years time lol

Latest posts