What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
How can you make 3 year demands on coaches when we clearly do not have the pathways and structures in place to be a probable chance of being as good if not better then the top sides every year?

From what you have said above you put majority responsibility on the coach to bring us a premiership... Any coach with half a brain will not come here if that is the case.

Mate this is a footy forum and as such I can be transparent and blunt. I am not doing the hiring and firing.

But whoever has the responsibility of appointing our next coach, needs to make strong and ruthless decisions while at the same time being smart, accommodating and amicable. Nick Politis style. Gives all the support and loyalty to the people that deserve it and jettisons the also rans real quick if he gets a whiff of plodding failure around the place.

A constant iron hand in and under a velvet jockstrap always massaging those priceless jewels.

TheRam

Coach
Id personally just like to see a big defensive improvement. Get that right and the rest will follow. Again I say, look at The Cows.

Yeah sure, but it ain't happening with this coach. He has had 9 years to get it right. Don't expect to miraculously get it now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fittler just picked a side that flogged Qld without Ryan Matterson. I’d say he has some idea.
On top of that, Ryan Matterson was very average in a losing NSW side plus he was injured last weekend. How the f**k would you pick him in the squad for this origin game?

He was "very" average, off the bench, playing limited minutes.

Injury aside, he didn't deserve to be dropped.

Noise

Coach
He was "very" average, off the bench, playing limited minutes.

Injury aside, he didn't deserve to be dropped.
Limited minutes? He played 36 minutes, second most of any NSW bench player and he offered SFA besides a crucial miss that led to a try. He played more minutes than Paulo and the same as RCG. How many minutes do you expect a bench origin rookie (who played in the middle) to play?

If there are better options of course you drop him. And seeing we almost put a cricket score on qld in game 2 without Matterson, there were definitely better options.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
One thing is for f**king sure if we lose one of our next two games, questions should be asked, if we lose both Arthur should be thrown out on his ear, Griffin style.

I’d be putting in Carr as the interim coach until we find a suitable replacement. f**k it, I’d put in Flanagan, it’s not like he can’t quit his Foxtel commentary gig.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think they love BA because he makes excuses for them and praises them for their defence like in the first half last week when we should’ve been down 30-6. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and they respect him but that’s not really enough, is it?
The boys all love BA because there is absolutely no accountability at all with him, unless it’s a young player or a chosen few who have gotten offside with him and were never seen again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If Bellamy coached us I reckon we'd be Premiers for two years running and we'd definitely win the comp this year

he was a dud in state of origin

there may be a lot more to being a successful club than the coach

junior retention, pathways, scouting system, coaching staff, and assistants just to name a few issues, then there is the coach

Ciraldo may be very good at the Panthers due to their system at the moment, put him in our system and he may be as successful as Bellyache was in SOO

lingard

Coach
Not really that strange.
I have said all along that we need a new coach when BA's contract runs out and I don't agree with his most recent extension, however I also don't believe he will see it out in full. I think he will leave at the end of 2023 by his own accord.

I definitely don't believe we should sack a coach mid-contract when he has constantly got us into the top 8 for the last 3 (probably 4) years. The only other club I recall sacking a coach who had the team in the semis in recent times was Panthers with Hook, but that was to bring Ivan back and keep Nathan happy.

So sacking BA mid-contract would only be because there was someone available who could basically guarantee an improved performance from our team and I would be keen to see the reaction on here if it wasnt the case.

Look, I wouldn't care if we didn't immediately improve. In fact, I wouldn't expect it. I would just like a more exciting brand of football. Something I could actually get interested in. Four times this year I just didn't bother watching them. I've never done that before. I just literally couldn't care less. And that's sad.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sure, he is. But we have become totally risk-averse under Arthur's. Besides, every Bellamy, Bennett and Robinson started as a rookie. Having said that, I'd opt for Flannigan if it was my choice.
Arthurz started as a rookie and we got 10 years plus out of him.

Latest posts