What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC Men's Semi Finals

Winners - who makes the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

taste2taste

Juniors
all FTA TV ratings are down , for everything
your measure or marker is the % of share watching an event in each market , that was around 48% ( NSW & QLD ) in the halcion days of 10 years ago & ..... hasn't changed , its still around that figure for those states these days
people aren't watching FTA , its a dying medium

& your take on Australia beating everyone by 50 until recently is utter nonsense
we were a missed tackle on Steve Renouf at Wembley away from losing the 1992 world cup
another on Ricky Stuart in 1994 at Old Trafford from losing that Kangaroo Tour , so the close results were there a long time ago , but there was never any traction in interest in Aust & origin still in its infancy was developing & slowing growing into the behemoth it is today.

We're never going back
deal with it ...
Fair enough, I stand corrected, there were 3 close games in the last 30 years ...but other than those the Kangaroos more often than not won by a cricket score . Crowds aren't interested unless they are guaranteed to see a contest, if the Aussies play the Kiwis regularly there's no reason they can't build a rivalery that would one day .... dare I day say it .... be as big that game that involes 2 states.

Wb1234

Referee
I was talking about 10 or 20 years down the road a test series against NZ could replace SOO

I'm not disputing that SOO is top of the food chain and will be for many many years. And yes it's the highest rating show on TV but despite being no 1 it's not pulling the same audience it once did.
Nothing on fta is

it’s still number one and that’s all that matters

and no tests vs nz didn’t match origin ever

remember the warriors only came in 95

test march rugby league peaked in the 60s

Wb1234

Referee
Ok as a long time Panther fan so I'll tell you how it is in my opinion.
Panthers are a structured team no matter who is there they have a role putting Cleary in the best possible position to execute his plays. In SOO and Aussie team it doesn't sit well he is not comfortable as the forward lack of dominance doesn't give him time to execute his plays. Teddy running sideways and slipping around and all the big name play makers add to the confusion. Its a mess that Mal can't work out . Only the Australian resilience will win it for us
Dunno how structured Penrith are

I think he’s more comfortable playing with his mates and his dad coaching him

he’s only 24 and any time his team (Penrith nsw or Australia) loses it’s his fault

joey is my favourite player ever and Cleary can eclipse him if he remains injury free and continues as he is

Wb1234

Referee
Fair enough, I stand corrected, there were 3 close games in the last 30 years ...but other than those the Kangaroos more often than not won by a cricket score . Crowds aren't interested unless they are guaranteed to see a contest, if the Aussies play the Kiwis regularly there's no reason they can't build a rivalery that would one day .... dare I day say it .... be as big that game that involes 2 states.
Warriors not being a rabble would help

and we need nz2

bledisloe at its peak never rated like origin so keep that in mind

Gobsmacked

Bench
Ok as a long time Panther fan so I'll tell you how it is in my opinion.
Panthers are a structured team no matter who is there they have a role putting Cleary in the best possible position to execute his plays. In SOO and Aussie team it doesn't sit well he is not comfortable as the forward lack of dominance doesn't give him time to execute his plays. Teddy running sideways and slipping around and all the big name play makers add to the confusion. Its a mess that Mal can't work out . Only the Australian resilience will win it for us
I agree with that to a degree.
The back row are what go Australia over the line. Super fast, aggressive and fit. These guys play at a 10 and never get gased.

thats just it tho
we aren't going to play them regularly , just occasionally at seasons end because the season schedule from 2023 will only allow that

taste2taste

Juniors
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
you have Australians pretending to be tongans & samoans ...
No one is falling for this shit except deluded clowns like you ...
You've really got a bee in your bonnet about these Tonga and Somoa teams :D

Just out of curiosity, if all of your family tree were born and bred in Australia but your parents moved to Japan and you were born there a few years later, your blood line is 100% Australian, so would you consider yourself Japanese or Australian ?

Canard

Immortal
I'm not disputing that currently SOO is the top dog...I'm talking in 10/20 years time "dopey"

The games are heading in opposite directions, SOO ratings continue to drop while international continues to grow.

Do you remember 20 years ago when Bryan Fletcher did the grenade celebration in a half empty stadium and the game was out rated by Master Chef ? If Origin goes back to those days I rekon it'll be time for it to be replaced.

But sure, if you want to hang your hat on the long term future being a game that attracts viewers from 2 states instead of a game that attracts viewers from 2 countries...good luck :D :D :D

The most ludicrous part of this post was the claim that Masterchef was on TV 20 years ago.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Dunno how structured Penrith are

I think he’s more comfortable playing with his mates and his dad coaching him

he’s only 24 and any time his team (Penrith nsw or Australia) loses it’s his fault

joey is my favourite player ever and Cleary can eclipse him if he remains injury free and continues as he is
Nah Joey has a talent almost no one ever has. Nathan is a better Cooper Cronk

Just out of curiosity, if all of your family tree were born and bred in Australia but your parents moved to Japan and you were born there a few years later, your blood line is 100% Australian, so would you consider yourself Japanese or Australian ?
ridiculous analogy
You're trying to convince Australians that these heritage teams aren't aussies in different team colours pretending & thats all of them
Italy ... Tedesco in the past .. Cooper Johns ( FFS) .... a joke
Lebanon ....
the PI sides

no one is being fooled & never will be ,
a pleasant little side show is all it will be while we wait for more serious stuff , again thats fine
but talk of it rivalling the interest there is in Origin in Aust is just nonsense

Coastbloke

Bench
Origin was full of biff and shoulder charges.. that's all gone now. It's just fooy. You have Samoans and Tongans in there now so the pride element is fast diminishing also. Australia used to produce ALL the best players, so it was all the best players.
The Kiwis, Tongans, Samoans or English could beat NSW or QLD all day long today.
Times are a changing
if you ask me. I'm a Queenslander first than Australian.
If you ask To'o : he'd say Samoan first then NSW..

If I point out people's pride for their heritage...I'm racist?
Cool story bro.

This is a subject long taken the piss by Marxist Race activists..

I’m white Australian, typical of English ancestry. When I was born, wha if my parents were working at the time In Beijing or Shanghai? I’m Chinese. That’s where I was born.

No one would take me seriously.

“Aww, that different” the Marxist Left fanatics would say..Racism? Only if it fits the narrative..

Smug Panther

First Grade
This is a subject long taken the piss by Marxist Race activists..

I’m white Australian, typical of English ancestry. When I was born, wha if my parents were working at the time In Beijing or Shanghai? I’m Chinese. That’s where I was born.

No one would take me seriously.

“Aww, that different” the Marxist Left fanatics would say..Racism? Only if it fits the narrative..
Haha you cooked merkin

SBD82

Coach
This thread is a train wreck.

Why can’t people understand that you can be proud to be Australian, proud to be a new south Welshman, and proud to be Samoan? They’re not mutually exclusive.

Is it because simple brains can’t think of more than one thing at a time?

Coastbloke

Bench
I was talking about 10 or 20 years down the road a test series against NZ could replace SOO

I'm not disputing that SOO is top of the food chain and will be for many many years. And yes it's the highest rating show on TV but despite being no 1 it's not pulling the same audience it once did.

Shouldn’t be about overtaking but complimenting it..

Given yesterday’s game with the Kangaroos and Kiwis and with recent Origin games having RLWC pool game score lines (Ouch!!) there is no way that regular Test matches can’t be promoted and attract serious money.

Would one rather watch this weekends Semis or some of the Origin drubbings we’ve seen recently. Apparently the NRL, ARLC, media and some of the children on here think it’s the Origin drubbings..

Fact: Ch9 and dinosaurs like Gus would sweating after the show the 4 teams put on this weekend. Imagine these games were just on prime time Australian FTA..

Getting my drift?

Gobsmacked

Bench
ridiculous analogy
You're trying to convince Australians that these heritage teams aren't aussies in different team colours pretending & thats all of them
Italy ... Tedesco in the past .. Cooper Johns ( FFS) .... a joke
Lebanon ....
the PI sides

no one is being fooled & never will be ,
a pleasant little side show is all it will be while we wait for more serious stuff , again thats fine
but talk of it rivalling the interest there is in Origin in Aust is just nonsense
Criten .. interception! Criten.. Field goal! Samoa win !!!!
Criten..born in Samoa.
Now f**k off ya loser

Nealo 12

Bench
I agree with that to a degree.
The back row are what go Australia over the line. Super fast, aggressive and fit. These guys play at a 10 and never get gased.
Ok so the comment that the Panthers success is built on the back of our Kiwis brothers is redundant is correct is it not ?

Coastbloke

Bench

Lol beat me to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts